Justin Hall runs 8...in banks!

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
dont you win when you get to 5 in short rack banks? or was he just horsin around for the last 3

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Not to derail this thread....but when I worked for the BCA and did one of the trade shows. I talked to one of our HOF members, who ran 37....Eddie Taylor/AKA the Knoxville Bear.

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
about the last 2,looked he was just free wheel hittin em, if he was trying to make em in match it might have been different , firing in 2 low percentage 3 railers?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The Derby is a race to three, short rack Banks, so a perfect set would be a run of 15. They play winner breaks, so it is distinctly possible. As far as I know the high is 13 -- once by Truman Hogue, and I believe at least one other player since, but no one has run all 15 yet.

And yes, Eddie Taylor claimed a run of 37.

John Brumback recently claimed a run higher than that but I'm not sure who saw it, besides him. I would not be surprised though, on his own Diamond table that he is very familiar with.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I had heard that Jason Shaw broke and ran 5 racks at a recent derby.... not sure if gambling or practicing.
I can't confirm this, but does anyone know or heard this within the last 2 derbys?