Lotsapoppa vs. Mataya L.O.P. III 1992

Weatherman

Verified Member
From
Atlanta, Ga.
on 2 fouls...

on 2 fouls...

I would thin the 7 ball toward the head rail with a little right. I would be trying to stop the cue-ball between the striped ball and the long rail at Mataya's pocket.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
if weatherman meant thin the q OFF the 7 to the head rail with right english and come up table to matayas corner thats my shot too

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
this is a perfect time for those 2 or 3 rail kicks shots using reverse english, that Dick says is the nuts:D

Make sure you hit it pretty firm, due to the kill off the rail:)

lotsapoppa.jpg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
CaliRed said:
this is a perfect time for those 2 or 3 rail kicks shots using reverse english, that Dick says is the nuts:D

Make sure you hit it pretty firm, due to the kill off the rail:)

View attachment 2028
Way too dangerous, hit perfect you might scratch, a hair too easy No rail and loss of game on either. I'm with Larry here although speed is important so as not to scratch, Better to give up a few than the game on this shot.:)
Rod.
PS, Greg I know you were probably kidding.:p :D

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
Way too dangerous, hit perfect you might scratch, a hair too easy No rail and loss of game on either. I'm with Larry here although speed is important so as not to scratch, Better to give up a few than the game on this shot.:)
Rod.
PS, Greg I know you were probably kidding.:p

Are you saying our resident billiard and reverse english kick artist, (Goast) could not hit this shot perfect every time ???...Are you nuts ???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SJDinPHX said:
Are you saying our resident billiard and reverse english kick artist, (Goast) could not hit this shot perfect every time ???...Are you nuts ???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Ghoats wouldn't kick. He'd shoot it like this. ( What a talent):p :D
Rod.
PS, The first part of this shot is my choice.

Nobody out moves the Ghost.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 0

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Weatherman said:
I would thin the 7 ball toward the head rail with a little right. I would be trying to stop the cue-ball between the striped ball and the long rail at Mataya's pocket.

I would thin off the 7 ball with left hand english and try to leave a combo on the ball closest to the hole.

Even if you do not leave the combo, the shot is almost straight in and he isn't likely to get position on another ball.

He still has options on the other balls to improve his situation but you are out of three scratch danger and still in the game with the worst of it, hoping for a shot to turn it around.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
androd said:
The Ghoats wouldn't kick. He'd shoot it like this. ( What a talent) :D ---------- Thanks for the compliments Rod! - I'm blushing :D

Rod.

PS,
The first part of this shot is my choice.

Seriously though Rod...funny you should post that - grape vines think alike..;)...I was thinking of posting that same shot that you did, for Larry, etc...as being what I would shoot, and what I believe is the right shot to shoot if you were in that same position, but you were not on any fouls...

It's a 'huge ball' to shoot at...I would shoot it as you portrayed it, and I would play to miss it long if I miss it - then instead of hitting the ball from behind, you'll clip the side of it and bank it cross-corner - and the shot is still George...:)

- Gho$t <---------My new signature, inspired by thinking about my upcoming matchups at the DCC...:D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
androd said:
Rod.

Even with the knowledge & vision that the Goost has he would never in life see the shot that LP shot from here. Anybody care to guess? Think of the craziest, goofiest possible shot that you could shoot from here and then multiply by 10:eek: . Free cookies (plural) to anyone who guesses.

P.S Rod, do I have to set my coffee down when I read your posts too?:)

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Cowboy Dennis said:
Even with the knowledge & vision that the Goost has he would never in life see the shot that LP shot from here. Anybody care to guess? Think of the craziest, goofiest possible shot that you could shoot from here and then multiply by 10:eek: . Free cookies (plural) to anyone who guesses.

P.S Rod, do I have to set my coffee down when I read your posts too?:)

Slam the 7-1-15-14-8,make the 10.

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
androd said:
Rod.

Actually your Goats shot is probably close, except I think the Q-ball kissed off the seven enroute to the corner and 2-railed behind the 6 to bump it up a little, while the one came down to the five & off the rail back up table.
Q-ball ends up behind the six, lined on the five.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cary said:
Actually your Goats shot is probably close, except I think the Q-ball kissed off the seven enroute to the corner and 2-railed behind the 6 to bump it up a little, while the one came down to the five & off the rail back up table.
Q-ball ends up behind the six, lined on the five.
by the goats shot do you mean
greatest of all time?:rolleyes: :D

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
lll said:
by the goats shot do you mean
greatest of all time?:rolleyes: :D

Yessir. Although I have it on good authority that the greatest of all time was actually a ghost from wa-a-a-y down in south Florida.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
One Pocket Ghost said:
Seriously though Rod...funny you should post that - grape vines think alike....I was thinking of posting that same shot that you did, for Larry, etc...as being what I would shoot, and what I believe is the right shot to shoot if you were in that same position, but you were not on any fouls...

It's a 'huge ball' to shoot at...I would shoot it as you portrayed it, and I would play to miss it long if I miss it - then instead of hitting the ball from behind, you'll clip the side of it and bank it cross-corner - and the shot is still George..

- Gho$t <---------My new signature, inspired by thinking about my upcoming matchups at the DCC..
ghost thanks for thinking of me:D
looks like cary thinks you are the greatest of all time:rolleyes:
i dont think he meant you were a billy goat:eek: :eek: :D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
lll said:
ghost thanks for thinking of me:D
looks like cary thinks you are the greatest of all time
i dont think he meant you were a billy goat :eek: :D

No Larry....Cary said the g.o.a.t. was from south Florida...

So he must be talking about - the ghost of Steve Cook..:eek:..:)

- Gho$t

PS, The 'Cookie Monster' wasn't the best of all time - but he was definitely one of the best.