NICK B VS AB - WWYD

Nick B

Verified Member
OH MEMBERS.
Here is my first ever WWYD. Play a nameless local (to protect the innocent).

Situation: NIck B goes to 12 - AB goes to 6 (he plays much better than spot indicates)
Score: NB 8 - AB 3, AB's shot. I just skimmed off the 6 ball and left him up in the corner

1601145198247.png

From the other side:
1601145377876.png

Cue ball will go past the 8 and the 10 ball looks to be exactly one ball width from the rail. He cannot see the 6. Here is closer view down the rail.

1601145642178.png

WWYD???

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
I see two options here Nick. Each require an accurate hit and speed of stroke. Option 1; Not necessarily my first choice. High ball, possibly a touch of right hand english and an approximate half ball hit on the right side of the two. Moderate speed. Cue ball comes off the foot rail and softly into the back side of the six. Possibly clipping the bottom side of the ten as well.
Option 2; bank the ten lightly back up table and send the cue ball softly two rails into the bottom side of the six. A touch of left english may be needed, maybe not. Both shots and speed and somewhat angle sensitive. I would prefer the second option but I would go with whichever option looked most natural and had the greatest margin for error. It idea is all about immediate survival in this inning.

Tom

unoperro

Verified Member
Bottom right kick bank the 10 into the 6 . Both go uptable whitey stays near corner.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
If i'm getting that big of spot i'm going to cut the 1 in and go for the win.

TxOnePocket

Well-Known-Member
I'm fouling, leaving you about where u are but closer to the rail, spot one up and let u try and lag safe.

Kybanks

Verified Member
Just roll through the 10 ball, try and freeze to the back of the 6 ball. If you hate your money, bank the 2 ball twice and stop your cb there!

vapros

Verified Member
If I can see even one-quarter of the 10 ball, that's my shot. Planning to leave Jojo on the short rail. Nothing else tempts me.

Nick B

Verified Member
He could see maybe an 1/8th of the 10ball. Table is also know for rolling a bit off the rail and away from the pocket at very slow speeds.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Can you cut the 8 towards your pocket and have the cb hit long rail and then the right side of 6 which puts the cb on the foot rail maybe on bottom side of 10?

Island Drive

Verified Member
Table looks beautiful, but what caught my eye....how Dirty the long rail was, especially the nose. The bed cloth looks pretty new.
I'd aim at the near nose of the dirty long rail and clip the r/s of the six, laying whitey by the hole.

jrhendy

Verified Member
Hit the ten with just enough speed to feel comfortable shooting it. No scratch there unless you barely fan it.

Nick B

Verified Member
Hit the ten with just enough speed to feel comfortable shooting it. No scratch there unless you barely fan it.
Well after much deliberation (and my photo shoot). AB tried to thin the 10 by going rail first and pool being a fickle mistress the cue ball slid by the 10 touching nothing and into the pocket giving me easy out.

AB is relatively new to the game so I made it a teaching moment and showed him what I would have done and of coarse with no pressure executed on the first try. ;-) Having said all that I still think he was incredibly unlucky to scratch.

I really think this is the way: Kick and slide between the 6 and 2. You got a foot to kick into and even clipping the either ball a little probably still works. Mot touchy for weight and even if you foul it's ok.

1601223754730.png

12squared

Verified Member
You guys are sissies! Everyone knows you simply jack up with low right and 4 rail the 11 to your hole sliding the QB under the 2 ball to tickie under the 6/10. C'mon, even Canadians know that. 😂🤣😂

Hi Nick of the North. Nice to see you post...and I like your shot.

jtompilot

Verified Member
You guys are sissies! Everyone knows you simply jack up with low right and 4 rail the 11 to your hole sliding the QB under the 2 ball to tickie under the 6/10. C'mon, even Canadians know that. 😂🤣😂

Hi Nick of the North. Nice to see you post...and I like your shot.
And I thought you use follow on that four railer to get the cue ball to do the dipsy do😜

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Such a bad spot... gotta cut the 1 in and kick the 8 over... go for the win...
Could actually get safe off the 8 ball tickie if you miss the 1 ball

Scrzbill

Verified Member
What? Is everyone blind? Cut the hanger (11) and go up and down the table for the two. ORRRR lots of spin on the CB and kick out the 10 letting your CB settle on the rail. Your shot of kicking is scary. If I were to do the side rail kick, it would be on the ten.

Nick B

Verified Member
What? Is everyone blind? Cut the hanger (11) and go up and down the table for the two. ORRRR lots of spin on the CB and kick out the 10 letting your CB settle on the rail. Your shot of kicking is scary. If I were to do the side rail kick, it would be on the ten.
Setup the kick on your home table. You will be surprised how often it works good in a wide band of shots and speeds.