Providence/Boston area $1000 added One Pocket Tournament - Saturday November 6th

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
In an effort to rejuvenate one pocket here in the Northeast, we're holding what will hopefully be the first of many one pocket tournaments in the area. So, without further ado...

ONEPOCKET.ORG AND SNOOKERS PRESENT

SNOOKERS ONE POCKET FALL CLASSIC 2010

"One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
-- Strawberry Brooks

Handicapped One Pocket Tournament
Saturday November 6, 2010
Doors Open at 11:30am / Tournament at 12:30pm

53 Ashburton St, Providence, RI 02904
(401)351-7665
snookersri.com

AA (Professional One Pocket Player) – Gives A 11-7, B 11-6, C 11-5.
A – Gives B 9-7, C 10-6.
B – Gives C 8-6.
C

$1000 ADDED GUARANTEED
$50 Entry (Includes $5 greens fee)
* Strictly limited to the first 24 paid *

Races To 2 (Double elimination)

Will pay out the top 25% of the field
Payouts (based on a full field):
1st - 35% = $728
2nd - 25% = $520
3rd - 15% = $312
4th - 10% = $208
5th/6th -7.5% = $156

Now taking pre-paid entries
Contact Ray Mac at Snookers

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Twister, that looks like a great room! Ideal for one-pocket: 15 good lookin' GCIV's. It's nice to see a room which the owner keeps in great shape.

Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
gulfportdoc said:
Twister, that looks like a great room! Ideal for one-pocket: 15 good lookin' GCIV's. It's nice to see a room which the owner keeps in great shape.

Doc
Yes, and they also host the New England Pool & Billiard Hall of Fame...

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Yeah, it is a very nice room and the owners do care a lot about the game. It should be a great tournament and I expect it to be a full field with the added money we have for such a low entry fee.

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Bump to the top. Lots of added money for a low entry fee and a great pool hall. Come out and support the return of real one pocket to the NE.

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Thanks Tom. Paul and I appreciate your input, and we hope to emulate the Hard Times tournament tradition of a large field and a one-day event. We do think that the added money is huge, especially considering the entry fee is only $50, and the money is added regardless of whether the field is full or not. Here's hoping to a little one pocket resurgence in the NE.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Hey Carey......You never said how your inaugural One Pocket tournament went - how many players, who won, any 'name players' show up, etc.

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey Carey......You never said how your inaugural One Pocket tournament went - how many players, who won, any 'name players' show up, etc.

- Ghost
Ghosty,

You may have more info than I(being as Ghosts can travel around in time) but the title of his thread implies that the tourney will be on Nov. 6, 2010, a month or so from now.

RBL

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghosty,

You may have more info than I (being as Ghosts can travel around in time) but the title of his thread implies that the tourney will be on Nov. 6, 2010, a month or so from now.

RBL

Whoops...it ain't fun gettin' old...:eek:...I thoughted the tournament was Oct. 6th.

- Ghosty

PS, I shoot at the wrong pocket too...:D

Last edited:

cascader

Verified Member
Is there a possiblity of a D player handicap?

Is there a possiblity of a D player handicap?

I'd play, but C would be a stretch for me. Is there a D class handicap option?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I am playing is this too -- I'll be riding down from NH with my friend John Smith, who is also playing in it.

I got a few hours of One Pocket in yesterday with "twister" -- which we both definitely needed. He'll be there too. $50 entry and $1000 added AND handicapped and only 24 entry max field -- what's not to like?

If you are anywhere within range come on over to Snookers and join us. Snookers is a real nice room, with a bar and food in separate areas -- it is probably the most successful poolroom in New England right now.

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Off to the tournament. I think we have a full field, might even have to expand it a bit! Will try and post updates later today. Sorry no streaming. :(

crww

It was a full field. Although I did a two step I wanted to support the one pocket game. Started playing Joe T (10 6) on table one. We had a good match with a lot of moving but too much rust, lol

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Thanks for coming out to support it! Joe T is definitely a tough first match. I got knocked out myself a couple hours ago and wanted to stick around until the end, but just had to leave as I was just dead tired. Our own benevolent dictator, aka Steve Booth, was in the finals on the winner's side when I left, and there were 6-8 people still left in the tournament.

Snookers was a great host, and Ray Mac did an awesome job running the tournament. As you mentioned, we did have a full field of 24 with a wait list. We actually could have expanded the field to 32. It was a strong field (stronger than I expected to be honest), with players from MA, NH, CT, NY and ME. The next tournament will be after the Derby, maybe in February or March, and we hope to have these one pocket tournaments every 3-4 months. It's awesome, maybe I should say it's 'wicked bad,' to see one pocket making a comeback in New England.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
twister said:
Thanks for coming out to support it! Joe T is definitely a tough first match. I got knocked out myself a couple hours ago and wanted to stick around until the end, but I just had to leave as I was just dead tired. Our own benevolent dictator, aka Steve Booth, was in the finals on the winner's side when I left, and there were 6-8 people still left in the tournament.

Snookers was a great host, and Ray Mac did an awesome job running the tournament. As you mentioned, we did have a full field of 24 with a wait list. We actually could have expanded the field to 32. It was a strong field (stronger than I expected to be honest), with players from MA, NH, CT, NY and ME. The next tournament will be after the Derby, maybe in February or March, and we hope to have these one pocket tournaments every 3-4 months. It's awesome, maybe I should say it's 'wicked bad,' to see one pocket making a comeback in New England.

Carey, you wuss - you're 30 years old and weigh 140 lbs. soaking wet, and you're "dead tired" at 8:00! :rolleyes:...when I was your age I would play all night and into the next morning!....:cool:

- Ghost

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
You wuss - you're 30 years old and weigh 140 lbs. soaking wet, and you're "dead tired" at 8:00! ...when I was your age I would play all night and into the next morning!.

- Ghost

Puhleeeze, C'mon Ghosty,... I have it on good authority, that when you were 30, you were taking lessons from Freddy, (who was getting strummed nightly, by Artie) and was still taking lessons himself, from Skinner... Apparently neither one of you had mastered drawing (or even stopping) your rock yet...Staying up all night, just to sweat a massacre...is not the same as playing all night...is it ???...:D :p :D

PS..When I was 30,...I was in action all week-end, every week-end...Trust me...I am not a Doctor, but I am a Practical Nurse !!!...:cool:

Creep, J.O., Drunk Duck <---Is pretty sure he has the timeline about right...:eek:

Last edited: