Providence R.I.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Fly in to Providence R.I. on Monday... any one-pocket.org players in the area, or pool halls there? I will be there Mon and Tues...

Bille

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Fly in to Providence R.I. on Monday... any one-pocket.org players in the area, or pool halls there? I will be there Mon and Tues...

Bille
There is a fantastic room in Providence -- Snookers -- one of the premier new rooms in the whole country! Good food, good lookin' waitresses (did I say that?) and good players too. They also host the New England Pool and Billiards Hall of Fame display in their main tournament room. If you are there on Wednesday night, they host a handicapped 9-ball tournament that attracts like 50 players -- unreal for a weeknight!

There are very good players in there. Mosconi team member Mike Dechaine plays out of that room now, plus pretty good locals. The tournament manager is a real good guy, Ray Macnamara (spelling probably wrong -- but everyone knows him as "Ray Mac" and I think he works about every night in there), who would honestly know all the players. You can definitely get action if you want, but those coastal waters can be kind of shark infested :)

Here is a link to the location:
http://www.snookersri.com/

Several members here on OnePocket.org get in there from time to time -- hopefully someone will see this. I am about 3 or so hours away, and not likely to be able to get down there at this time.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
got stuck in baltimore... tried to go to a champions billiards, they had closed down... so no pool for me in the northeast...