S. Daulton vs. M. Jarvis 2000 D.C.C.

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Well, after using my ruler here at work to check on some of the angles..

I'd go with the 6 cut back on offense.. or use the 6 to get the CB cozy with the 4(?) on the rail for defense. Anything else just looks like a lot of work. :eek:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Best percentage is the...

Best percentage is the...

...six ball straight back. The angle is perfect, but he may be only shooting into a half of a pocket. No matter, no other shot makes good sense. If he misses the six and stops the cue ball he will leave an easy cross side on the
4 ball (?) but that should be all his oppo can get. If Shannon makes the six then he gets the easy 4 ball and he can shoot it and then play safe. Any other shot, like banking the 4 ball cross corner is betting the whole game on the shot because the cue ball will head into Indian Country, that is where all the other balls are laying. Leaving the easy 4 ball just happens to be a necessary evil. So knowing that, shoot the six with gusto.

Beard

If you are a real coward dog you can roll the 4 ball and the cue ball down to the bottom rail along with the six ball and go from there, but that's too nitty even for me.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
...six ball straight back. The angle is perfect, but he may be only shooting into a half of a pocket. No matter, no other shot makes good sense. If he misses the six and stops the cue ball he will leave an easy cross side on the
4 ball (?) but that should be all his oppo can get. If Shannon makes the six then he gets the easy 4 ball and he can shoot it and then play safe. Any other shot, like banking the 4 ball cross corner is betting the whole game on the shot because the cue ball will head into Indian Country, that is where all the other balls are laying. Leaving the easy 4 ball just happens to be a necessary evil. So knowing that, shoot the six with gusto.

Beard

If you are a real coward dog you can roll the 4 ball and the cue ball down to the bottom rail along with the six ball and go from there, but that's too nitty even for me.
I have to stop leaving these easy ones:) . He did indeed bank it back to his right. It hit the side rail and wiggled in but it went in.

SD's Bank.jpg

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Call the 6 one rail in the side, but play it to block the straight back on the one. And leave him a close and personal situation with that ball on the side rail;) . Also like straight back, if you leave him poor on the cross side..seems easy enough.