Scott Frost Technique

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
John Brumback said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
Well Artie..I can't draw It out on here but any good pool book shows the right way to shoot with a bridge. Did you ever go frog gigging when you were a kid? The bridge stick should never touch the palm of your hand. You were right while ago. You really do (spear) the shot.You have to shoot It with your fingers not your palm. No good player "except Scott Frost" would try or should try to shoot with his normal grip. I'll bet you don't use the bridge like Scott does.And I'v never seen you hit a ball. What are you going to do..Scoop It? LOL John B.[/QUOTE

THats how I shoot with the brige and I think I can draw the cue ball pretty good. Now that I am older I lost pretty good distance but. I will shoot it my way you shot it youre way and we aill see howe much difference thier is.

Spearing the ball came from a one handed player because he could reach further. and it was better shooting that way one handed jacket up. Because it was harder to reach and shot over the ball. And by spearing Jacket up you could do it.

I like the way Scott does it And I did that 50 years ago. And I have a great wi percentage on top off all that. And I would make a game with anyone. I didnt care who they were.

And I think I have the best recorcd in the history off pool after 24 houers. Its a hundred %. I dont think that can be beat. Maybe tied. I never played in tournemets. BUt I have some pretty good records that I dont think will get beat. And I alawys got a game.

I never had to sit around waithing for a game. And I would back and bet on 4 and 5 games at a time. And I was in on the scores weather it was pool cards sports whatever the game I was in with it.

And if you dont no what you are doing that can never happen. What chance do you think that all these players would have if they had too hustle for a living playing pool?

Maybe 5% and 2% off the women.One last thing you said too look in a book and see howe they do it. You wouldnt want my discreption off what I think about the pool books. And If I would breack them down to what is said.

It would be a joke. Some books are great other books shouldnt even be out thier. Do you think the greatest players or athlets learned out off a book.

THey learned it themselves and what works for them. By trial and error. And they made up thier own styles and fundametals. Whatever worket for them. And felte comftrable too them. THe recorded and programed themselves and theur minds and practicet and played tell they could do it.

All the greatest players have thier own style and way off doing it. And if you cant do it you will never be great. And everyone has a limite to what thier ability can do. And if you dont have the ability you can practice and play for ever and you will never be a champion.

And I am saying it. so someone doesnt bull shitt you.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
Well Artie..I can't draw It out on here but any good pool book shows the right way to shoot with a bridge. Did you ever go frog gigging when you were a kid? The bridge stick should never touch the palm of your hand. You were right while ago. You really do (spear) the shot.You have to shoot It with your fingers not your palm. No good player "except Scott Frost" would try or should try to shoot with his normal grip. I'll bet you don't use the bridge like Scott does.And I'v never seen you hit a ball. What are you going to do..Scoop It? LOL John B.[/QUOTE

THats how I shoot with the brige and I think I can draw the cue ball pretty good. Now that I am older I lost pretty good distance but. I will shoot it my way you shot it youre way and we aill see howe much difference thier is.

Spearing the ball came from a one handed player because he could reach further. and it was better shooting that way one handed jacket up. Because it was harder to reach and shot over the ball. And by spearing Jacket up you could do it.

I like the way Scott does it And I did that 50 years ago. And I have a great wi percentage on top off all that. And I would make a game with anyone. I didnt care who they were.

And I think I have the best recorcd in the history off pool after 24 houers. Its a hundred %. I dont think that can be beat. Maybe tied. I never played in tournemets. BUt I have some pretty good records that I dont think will get beat. And I alawys got a game.

I never had to sit around waithing for a game. And I would back and bet on 4 and 5 games at a time. And I was in on the scores weather it was pool cards sports whatever the game I was in with it.

And if you dont no what you are doing that can never happen. What chance do you think that all these players would have if they had too hustle for a living playing pool?

Maybe 5% and 2% off the women.One last thing you said too look in a book and see howe they do it. You wouldnt want my discreption off what I think about the pool books. And If I would breack them down to what is said.

It would be a joke. Some books are great other books shouldnt even be out thier. Do you think the greatest players or athlets learned out off a book.

THey learned it themselves and what works for them. By trial and error. And they made up thier own styles and fundametals. Whatever worket for them. And felte comftrable too them. THe recorded and programed themselves and theur minds and practicet and played tell they could do it.

All the greatest players have thier own style and way off doing it. And if you cant do it you will never be great. And everyone has a limite to what thier ability can do. And if you dont have the ability you can practice and play for ever and you will never be a champion.

And I am saying it. so someone doesnt bull shitt you.

Hey Artie,I said GOOD pool book.Did you see the pic that Roy just put up? That Is the right way to shoot with a bridge. You don't want to teach somebody how to do something the WRONG way..........now do you?? John B.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
John Brumback said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Hey Artie,I said GOOD pool book.Did you see the pic that Roy just put up? That Is the right way to shoot with a bridge. You don't want to teach somebody how to do something the WRONG way..........now do you?? John B.[/QUOTE

John you can learn from what I am going too say. Thier is no wright or wrong way off doing it. Just different ways. And whatever works for you is the way tou should do it.

Because what good is something even if it is correct if it does not work for that person. Its not correct. And he has to do what works for him. Not what people say or do is correct.

How correct can it be if ut does not work for you. THe reason Scott does it his way is because it works. So if it works for him are going too say thats not the correct way off doing it.

THe statement is what is not correct. Because if something works for you use it. Ehy co something thatts said to be correct if it does not work.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Hey Artie,I said GOOD pool book.Did you see the pic that Roy just put up? That Is the right way to shoot with a bridge. You don't want to teach somebody how to do something the WRONG way..........now do you?? John B.[/QUOTE

John you can learn from what I am going too say. Thier is no wright or wrong way off doing it. Just different ways. And whatever works for you is the way tou should do it.

Because what good is something even if it is correct if it does not work for that person. Its not correct. And he has to do what works for him. Not what people say or do is correct.

How correct can it be if ut does not work for you. THe reason Scott does it his way is because it works. So if it works for him are going too say thats not the correct way off doing it.

THe statement is what is not correct. Because if something works for you use it. Ehy co something thatts said to be correct if it does not work.

Ok then Artie..Why It Is then, that Scott Frost and YOU are the only good players Maybe In the world that use a bridge like that?? And there Is the right way and the wrong way Artie. John B.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
John Brumback said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
Ok then Artie..Why It Is then, that Scott Frost and YOU are the only good players Maybe In the world that use a bridge like that?? And there Is the right way and the wrong way Artie. John B.[/QUOTE

Did it ever occure too you that we might be the only ones that are correct since he is the best player now ans I was the best player then. And thier are other people who do it too.

But people do what the see and learn and what the are thought. People are all probramed and we record in our mind from child birth what we see and hear. And thats howe we created ourselves. By our choices and what we record.

I hope you belive that. If you dont belive that we do not need to go any further unless you have something to add to it.

And the statement I made is 100% correct . And that is to do what works for you. And years ago people use too think the world was flate.

But Couloumbas showed them it wasant. And they use too say if they cut a patient open they would die. It was all fear and nonesense.

Howe can you debaite something that you say is incorrect. But works for two off the greatest players. And if it works. Howe do you find faulte in it?

If both ways work thier is nothing to talk about. Because they both work and thier is no faulte. And Because you say its not correct but the action showes different.

If I had to make a decision I think my decision would be exceptet because if both ways work. THen I can only make it a TIE. THier is no other decision to be made because both ways work.

And some times what works for you will not work for someone else. Everyone is different.

Just like a great teacher IF 90% off the students all understand what he is saying and teaching. But 10% dont then what a great teacher will do.

THey will teach them in a nother way were they can learn it and understand it. That is what a teacher that knowes what she is doing will do.

SAme in pool you have to teach the person taking a lession in a way that they understand it. Not just your way.

THe person taking the lession needs too learn how to do it and what shot. So they no what they need to learn.

And they dont need you shooting the shot. A teachers job is to get them too do it not you.

And if one way does not work then a teacher that knowes they have too showe it in a nother way. Tell the person learns it and understands it.

Everybody has different stances bridges strokes and fundamentals. Are you going to tell a champion that bridge you have is not the correct bridge. And they are worls champoins. And it works for them.

You think they should change thioer bridge too the perfect bridge if thier the best player. THe greatest players or athlets have thier own styles and stances.

Whatever you are doing I dont care who tells you what. If it works do not change. If something works for you thier is no reason too change it.

A lot off champions have thier own style and teckneck and if it works dont change it.

And I have studied all the sports and the I no what I am saying works. If it doesnt work I couldnt say it. And I no about fundamentals and Stances in all sports. And I have mafe my living by figuring out the answers. And when I say something .

I am not just saying it to talk back or give a answer. My answers come from learning the correct answers. And using them to win with. Im not guessing or going by what someone wrote in a book.

Thats the bigest con it thr world. People wright what they want. And most off what they wright are lies. And if you ask a smart person they will tell you the same thing.

Why would you belive what a person wrights when the can wright whatever they want. Because people wright books that does not mean thats the truth.

The only way to realy no is for the person too show you and explain it. If they cant do that then you can flush ut.

Yhier are so many lies that are wrote you wouldnt belive it. And the same with talking. You can make your mouth sat whatever you want.

You need too see the proof not just her something or read something.

Prove it too yourself tell you are convincet and you will no when the answer is correct. Dont just go by what people say.

DAts had a million storiers. Everyone has stories. Some are real and some are not. Even the story is interesting and you like it. And it does not matter if its true or false whats the diference. You enjoyed it.

But as far as the game goes you want to no what the best shot is and why. Thier you should learn the truth because it can make a difference in your game. And could cost you a big match.

I will put this out for players who are trying too learn. Always remember this. And I have give this to champions and they used it and never forgot it.

A good teacher. sees your mictakes and helps you too change and correct all youre mistakes. If I am teaching you I see youre mistakes and I help you correct them. And tell you what they are so you can see it for yourself.

And you will see if you have corrected youre mistake. And by changing your game by not repeating the same mistakes will improve youre gae. Wright them down. And work on them tell you learn them.

You have the greatest coumputor in the world your mind.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
you know the pros dont usually read the books:eek:
they cant always tell why:eek: :eek:
andy roddick who has one of the best serves in tennis refuses to answer questions "how do you do it?"
he doesnt want to think about it he just does it
if over the last 100 years thats how the pros hit shots with the bridge
it must be the best way to do it:rolleyes:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:

I just want too showe somebody something that works for them. Her isa qouistion Were did that person get thier learning experience too wright a book.

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
lll said:
thats interesting
rafael nadal numder one in the world in tennis at the moment
also plays lefty but is a righty

yea but do yall mean that he writes right handed and plays opposite?

i think thats just common, i write lefty but started playing pool first righty then lefty....baseball i switch, i shoot a gun left, and basket ball right, golf right.......kick right foot....i think its just coincidence or how we are introduced to stuff that makes the diff and of course in some things dominate eye can play a factor.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
I just want too showe somebody something that works for them. Her isa qouistion Were did that person get thier learning experience too wright a book.
artie just think how much better you would shoot with the bridge if you did it the correct way.????
you can keep doing your way if you want to but dont you want to learn the correct way???

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
#1.
Using the bridge with 2 fingers above the cue and the palm of your hand facing down gives your arm, wrist and cue the greatest freedom of movement in the direction the cue is pointing. Using it with your thumb above the cue and palm of your hand facing left if you are a righty or right if you are alefty gives you a very short motion in the direction the cue is pointing until your own joints will make the cue deflect in one direction or the other if you try to make it continue in the direction you were originally pointing it. Think about it. You have no bend in the elbow. You have no cock of the wrist. In short, you have no motion. All you have is a short stab which will work in some cases but not others.

The left lobe of the cerebral cortex controls the motions of the right side of the body and vice versa. Also, the left side of the c.c. is the verbal, mathematical, calculating one; and the right lobe is the one that perceives shapes and spacial relationships--in short, it's the lobe that plays pool. Therefore all right hand playing pool players must make their right lobe tell their left lobe what to do to shoot the shot whereas the left hand playing players have their right lobe in charge of both seeing the shot and shooting it.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
petie said:
#1.
Using the bridge with 2 fingers above the cue and the palm of your hand facing down gives your arm, wrist and cue the greatest freedom of movement in the direction the cue is pointing. Using it with your thumb above the cue and palm of your hand facing left if you are a righty or right if you are alefty gives you a very short motion in the direction the cue is pointing until your own joints will make the cue deflect in one direction or the other if you try to make it continue in the direction you were originally pointing it. Think about it. You have no bend in the elbow. You have no cock of the wrist. In short, you have no motion. All you have is a short stab which will work in some cases but not others.

The left lobe of the cerebral cortex controls the motions of the right side of the body and vice versa. Also, the left side of the c.c. is the verbal, mathematical, calculating one; and the right lobe is the one that perceives shapes and spacial relationships--in short, it's the lobe that plays pool. Therefore all right hand playing pool players must make their right lobe tell their left lobe what to do to shoot the shot whereas the left hand playing players have their right lobe in charge of both seeing the shot and shooting it.
thanks for giving the "why" answer to the question

John Brumback

Verified Member
petie said:
#1.

Yes,Thank you.Very good.John B.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
John Brumback said:
Yes,Thank you.Very good.John B.[/QUOT

One way you are poking at the ball the other way you are stroking the ball. And one more stroking the ball you have a more levele stroke.

And pocking at the ball is like speraing the shot jackt up.

And the cue ball will curve more with the pocking stroke then the stroking stroke.

Because it will have a masay affect. And the cue ball will curve.And thiers a lot more. And you are shooting pdown at the cue ball. By stroking you are more levele.

And youre body arm are in the same posituon that you learned to play and stroke by. Were the pocking way is un naturale too youre body and you are using a backword finger stroke.

But what ever way that works for you is they way too do it. Forget what everyone is telling you ita all nonsense.

And all the great players learned and did what feelte good to them. And fet natural too them.

All this nonsese do it this way do it that way. change your stroke your stance your fundamentals and go crazy. And you will be ok.

And some people will even find faulte in Eferens fundamentals or Shane or alex. You dont need pefect fundamentals to be the greatest player.

What makes you a great champion and great player. IS because the execuite and if you are great at executing you can look like micky the mope at the table and guess what.

Because off youre execution you will still win. Do what works for you. Dont look for the perfect stroke for 10 years and never get thier.

And a perfect stroke will not help you if you do not line the shot up correctly.

Its like knoweing the correct shot if you dont execuite it what good is it knoweing the correct shot. It has to go hand and hand. And one cannot work without the other.

And if you are execuite what you are trying too do you are on the correct path. Do what works for you. THey cant do what works for them. You have to do what works for you.

Skin

Verified Member
I'm with the Anaconda on this issue. Do what works.

I am subject to several different ways of using the bridge depending on how the shot lays. I may use the classic grip, Frost's grip, or even put my knee up on the table and stroke the cue like in a regular stance without the bridge (ever seen that?). All that matters to me is making the ball and controlling the cb.

Skin

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Skin said:
I'm with the Anaconda on this issue. Do what works.

I am subject to several different ways of using the bridge depending on how the shot lays. I may use the classic grip, Frost's grip, or even put my knee up on the table and stroke the cue like in a regular stance without the bridge (ever seen that?). All that matters to me is making the ball and controlling the cb.

Skin[/QUOTE

Thier is a old saying if it works WHY fix it? I hope this isnt too short.

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
John Brumback said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John Brumback said:
Well Artie..I can't draw It out on here but any good pool book shows the right way to shoot with a bridge. Did you ever go frog gigging when you were a kid? The bridge stick should never touch the palm of your hand. You were right while ago. You really do (spear) the shot.You have to shoot It with your fingers not your palm. No good player "except Scott Frost" would try or should try to shoot with his normal grip. I'll bet you don't use the bridge like Scott does.And I'v never seen you hit a ball. What are you going to do..Scoop It? LOL John B.
John.. I'd frog gig dead even with anybody in the World 25 years ago..and flounder gig..two of the tastiest sports there are..Well almost :p Artie ..your above post..right on point and concise ..good job

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
MARK..HOU TX said:
John Brumback said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
John.. I'd frog gig dead even with anybody in the World 25 years ago..and flounder gig..two of the tastiest sports there are..Well almost :p Artie ..your above post..right on point and concise ..good job

John you seem too go a lot by books. I see too many mistakes and lies in books.

So I will go by ehat I no and have done. And If you go by books instead off yoir your knowledge and you credability.

I have no comment. If A great player like Cullamas or Harold worst or Taylor Or Bugs told me something the do and it works for them to you think I would go too a book and qoute a book.

When I have a Champion telling me what he does. Or go by a book for me thier is no choice.

I go by what the champion says and does and works for him. Why would I go by a book that the player might not even wrote or said.

And the wrighter made it up and wrote it because he was wrighting the book for him.

Comon sense is the greatest thing we have and use. THat is howe we make our decisions or do we look up our decicions in a book.

Common sense is what all great players have and use. THe dont go looking in no book. THe use thier owne common sense ans judgment.

And from thier they make thier choice and decision. And when A player gets in a trap playing pool he uses his judgment and common sense too figure out what too do.

Belive it or not thats the way it is.Just like when you figure out what to shoot or bank. You use your judgment and common sense to figure out what too bank. Andshot what you think is the best choice.

Books are fine and they can teach us a lot. But a real professional that knowes what he is doing is stronger than any book you might be reading or looking at.

And if that Profisional that knowes what he is doing wright about the same subject. The real professionals answer will be better then 97% off the boohs you read.

And when the real professionall gives you a answer you no its comeing from someone that knowes.

Dont miss understand me this is not true in all cases. Becuse some people just want to sell books they dont care whats in them is true or not.

So if you have a qouistion ask a real perfesional And I recomend you ask 3 or 4 . And then make your decision who you want to go by..

And this is very important once you have made your decision stick to it. Dont just keep changing like a Butterfly.

Books are great and if you want to go by what the book says. Its ok with me. But no who wrote the book and did the great player wright the book.

Or did sombody else wright it just too make moey. And what is in the book is it made up or does it come from the champion himself. Or is what is in the book made up from the person wrighting it. And not the player.

People do unethical things and its up too you who you want too belive and trust.

And its your choice what you want to belive. THats why a good and solid answer for me even when I was in dought

Do what works for you. THat is the best answer I have and can give you.

Who would tell you something is no good or thats the wrong way if it works for you.

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
So basically what your sayin Artie is once you have reached a high level is to trust your own instincts and not a book?:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Artie Bodendorfer said:
]

I go by what the champion says and does and works for him.

Do what works for you. THat is the best answer I have and can give you.

Who would tell you something is no good or thats the wrong way if it works for you.
artie just about every champion except for you and scott hold the q the way it was pictured and described in the books
so it works for almost all the champions

many people in the hall of fame according to you dont know how to play the game of one pocket "correctly"
yet they are in the hall of fame because they WON
and how they played "worked for them"
so even if it worked for them you still think there is a "correct" way

well even if how you hold the cue worked for you it is not correct.
just my opinion