Sportiest trap I've ever seen

WCRanger

Verified Member
Disco Dave did this to me earlier. Brutal doesn't even begin to describe it. And yes... The 3, 8, and 10 are frozen on the cue. For orientation, the little blur at the corner of the pic is his pocket.

Attachments

• 0206161806_HDR.jpg
    0206161806_HDR.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 0

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Rather be him than you. You need a hacksaw and some sheets to escape from that.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Sorry Nate, I only intended to freeze to the 10 & 8, but the 3 came back off the rail at very slow speed to seal the deal. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to try that.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Maybe Tom Wirth can elaborate, but I have heard a term from Washington DC area guys, they call this kind of situation "Nellie's room". It seems to happen when, like Dave said, you are bringing the cue ball into the side of the stack off an object ball that rebounds back behind the cue to close the door.

WCRanger

Verified Member
Hahaha. It was awesome and terrifying to watch it happen. Now I just need to remember not give you another opportunity to do that.

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
Maybe Tom Wirth can elaborate, but I have heard a term from Washington DC area guys, they call this kind of situation "Nellie's room". It seems to happen when, like Dave said, you are bringing the cue ball into the side of the stack off an object ball that rebounds back behind the cue to close the door.

//////sorry..for duplicate post///

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member

More like a 'Red Room' from a deep web site...

beatle

Verified Member
not so bad, as being frozen you can push your shot through whichever way you please.

WCRanger

Verified Member
Looks like he might have left you straight in to your hole with the three ball.

If I had tried it, the 13-7 was wired to his hole and I probably would have made if for him then left a shot on the 13. Course I say this and what I did wasn't any better. I softly massed the cue in between the 10 and 3 to try and force the 3 to the rail while blocking his pocket with the stack. I failed miserably, though. I'm making it my goal to return the favor next time we play. lol

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
There is almost always a shot , without seeing the complete table it looks pretty tough , but if there were no balls near his side rail that go , you could jack up a little and use max right spin and throw the 8 ball toward your pocket while going thru the ten a little. Just pocket speed.
Again , without knowing where the other balls are , who knows?

unoperro

Verified Member
I HAVENT TRIED IT but I think you can shoot into the 13 with a jumpshot and get whitey off table. 7 ball if it goes in,gets spotted along with 1 from shooters balls.
May be best option?

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
That's a big game trap, alright. :eek:

But am I nuts, or are the spot and the pocket at the lower left too close together? Going by the size of the balls, I think the foot end of the table should look like the pic below, with the gray circles where the pockets would be...?

pj <- wonderin' if I'm seeing things right
chgo

P.S. The rulers are 25 inches each, scaled to the size of the balls.

View attachment 65836

Attachments

• trap.jpg
    trap.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 0