State Challenge/National Winner

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Is this feasible?
Each state have their OP.org members blind draw, coordinate meet and play at home tables.
When each state is down to 2 players, then have your USA end of yr Event....for those winners.
Each state coordinates their player groups.
Have qualifiers, races to 5. Or races to 3 best 2 outta 3.
$50 per player per match.
Winner of match receives $100 funds and mails in $50 to NH for End of yr event purse additions....prize funds.
End of yr event timelines should probably be set in advance.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
All sounds good to me Bill...as soon as we have a vaccine or some sort of cure or see the number of infections and deaths start to decline.... believe me, I long for the day for more reasons than one!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Winner of match receives $100 funds and mails in $50 to NH for End of yr event purse additions....prize funds.
I'm confused, each match is $50 entry fee x 2 = $100 purse. Out of that the winner sends $50 to NH? So basically, winner would make nothing while betting $50 he/she could lose. Do I have that right? What would be the incentive? It sounds like a cool idea though.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'm confused, each match is $50 entry fee x 2 = $100 purse. Out of that the winner sends $50 to NH? So basically, winner would make nothing while betting $50 he/she could lose. Do I have that right? What would be the incentive? It sounds like a cool idea though.
Or anything else that's workable. I'm just tossing ideas out here to stir discussions. The winner would get their money back, and then be responsible to send it to Steve is all. When you play a tournament match, you never get paid each match was my thinking.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Or anything else that's workable. I'm just tossing ideas out here to stir discussions. The winner would get their money back, and then be responsible to send it to Steve is all. When you play a tournament match, you never get paid each match was my thinking.
Yes, but it a tournament you don't continue to pay the entry fee each match

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Yes, but it a tournament you don't continue to pay the entry fee each match
Along with, all pool rooms being closed, that too is different.
Change is inevitable.
Something always has to give in life.
Who woulda thought top 9 ball players would pick up one hole so quickly and execute.

But yeah the money....but how about not needing a hotel?
Your the loser, you get two tries, it'll only cost yah $100 (50-50) with NO hotel.
Tournament entry is more than $100.
There's good and bad with all new ideas.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Something could work for sure. As I read what was proposed, basically two members play and the winner gets their 50 back, with the other 50 going toward the final round. Some states may have zero or one player. Maybe if only one, they have to compete vs any nearby state that has at least one, so at least it is a two player tournament. (Nick -- I don't know what we do with you -- play ScrzBill??)

At least with Alex Lely you have the Hague 5 players !

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
be a while before us Americans can go to Canada and any Canadian coming down would have to vomit to 14 day quarantine going back