Steve Mizerak vs. Buddy Hall 1995 Roanoke

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
as long as the scratch is not in the picture based on how it lies
i send both balls toward the stack/my pocket and leave the cue ball about a diamaond toward the foot rail of the side pocket on miz's side
hoping to move more balls toward my pocket
mm2.jpg

Attachments

• mm1.jpg
    mm1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 0

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
as long as the scratch is not in the picture based on how it lies
i send both balls toward the stack/my pocket and leave the cue ball about a diamaond toward the foot rail of the side pocket on miz's side
hoping to move more balls toward my pocket
View attachment 5050

I agree with you Larry

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I agree with you Larry

wow ace
thank you
i agree with many (not all:D) of your shots
i know you go to disney once a year
check out the resort in vero connected to disney
nice beaches
relaxing after waiting in line
we could play pool while the ladies and kids play on the beach
just sayin
:)

Put_upor_shutup

3 rail the 7 and slide your biscuit into the 3 and possibly carom the 4 into your hole....I know im off the air...Thats why I bet high...

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Buddy shoots straight, I don't see anything else better than three-railing the 7-ball (?) that is sitting right next to the stack, cutting it just a hair so the cue ball leans against that combo -- which incidentally looks like it is kind of facing Buddy's pocket anyway. But I would hit this to stick the cue ball on the side. It would be ideal if the seven went all the way around and loosened the balls on Buddy's side a little of course.

Edit -- looks like put up saw the same thing I did, but beat me to it because he didn't diagram it, lol.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2012-01-05_20-41-17.jpg
    Greenshot_2012-01-05_20-41-17.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 0

Put_upor_shutup

Buddy shoots straight, I don't see anything else better than three-railing the 7-ball (?) that is sitting right next to the stack, cutting it just a hair so the cue ball leans against that combo -- which incidentally looks like it is kind of facing Buddy's pocket anyway. But I would hit this to stick the cue ball on the side. It would be ideal if the seven went all the way around and loosened the balls on Buddy's side a little of course.

Edit -- looks like put up saw the same thing I did, but beat me to it because he didn't diagram it, lol.

Ha ha I dunno how to diagram it..Banking those 2 balls into the stack is ok also I guess but who knows where they will end up and that may leave your man way to many options to get out of it..Putting him in the stack there may force him to take an intentional maybe even having to 2 rail whitey to your hole..Never quit applyin pressure..A very good player once told me.."If u cant freeze your man to a ball with zero options, it doesnt make u a bad player..It just means u cant play any good ones"...ha ha If I could only play half as good as I act...

im also gonna learn this diagram thing..even seeing as I get on here once a year...

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
wow ace
thank you
i agree with many (not all:D) of your shots
i know you go to disney once a year
check out the resort in vero connected to disney
nice beaches
relaxing after waiting in line
we could play pool while the ladies and kids play on the beach
just sayin
:)

We are actually going back to Disney in March for the kids Spring Break.....We could meet up then

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Ha ha I dunno how to diagram it..Banking those 2 balls into the stack is ok also I guess but who knows where they will end up and that may leave your man way to many options to get out of it..Putting him in the stack there may force him to take an intentional maybe even having to 2 rail whitey to your hole..Never quit applyin pressure..A very good player once told me.."If u cant freeze your man to a ball with zero options, it doesnt make u a bad player..It just means u cant play any good ones"...ha ha If I could only play half as good as I act...

im also gonna learn this diagram thing..even seeing as I get on here once a year...

here is the greenshot download

http://getgreenshot.org/
welcome aboard our site:)
dont be bashfull
responding to threads

senor

Verified Member
I like both shots mentioned. If the preferred shot were to be the bank/combo, I would see if I could draw the cue ball to the bottom rail and leave distance. As Putuporshutup pointed out, leaving the cue ball parked next to the side pocket could leave your opponent several outs. Distance should remedy some of these outs.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I also like both shots, too bad there both available (for Mizerak) now Buddy can choose what shot he thinks is better.:confused: Vapros is right when he says to draw the cue ball off the 10 ball and leave distance. Shooting that shot can possibly put Mizerak in deep trouble, immediately, but there also is a possibility of a ball leaking out for him as well. Buddy will be able to dig under the cue ball with that shot and should hit it well, considering the angle he'll have going into the cue ball. Not true with the 7 ball shot, if you notice how closely the cue ball is positioned to the top rail, and the angle going into it is a poor one, making the execution of the shot play difficult.

I like the 10 ball combo bank a little better, especially if he gets good movement with the 10 ball, but it doesn't appear that the angle for the shot is the best. Just might have a problem with getting the movement with the 10 that he wants, and that could be enough of a deterrent not to shoot it.:confused::confused:

Billy I.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I like both shots mentioned. If the preferred shot were to be the bank/combo, I would see if I could draw the cue ball to the bottom rail and leave distance. As Putuporshutup pointed out, leaving the cue ball parked next to the side pocket could leave your opponent several outs. Distance should remedy some of these outs.

good points on drawing back to the end rail
it looked to me the cue was too close to the rail to get enough draw
at least with my stroke LOL

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
good points on drawing back to the end rail
it looked to me the cue was too close to the rail to get enough draw
at least with my stroke LOL

Shooting this shot you will be striking the cue ball from an angle that will allow you to hit under the cue ball more comfortably, not true shooting the 7 ball shot, where you have to stand directly behind the cue ball and elevate much more to be able to get the action needed. The shot on the 10 ball offers us convenience, in terms of striking the cue ball accurately and comfortably.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I also like both shots, too bad there both available (for Reyes) now Buddy can choose what shot he thinks is better.:confused: Vapros is right when he says to draw the cue ball off the 10 ball and leave distance. Shooting that shot can possibly put Reyes in deep trouble, immediately, but there also is a possibility of a ball leaking out for him as well. Buddy will be able to dig under the cue ball with that shot and should hit it well, considering the angle he'll have going into the cue ball. Not true with the 7 ball shot, if you notice how closely the cue ball is positioned to the top rail, and the angle going into it is a poor one, making the execution of the shot play difficult.

I like the 10 ball combo bank a little better, especially if he gets good movement with the 10 ball, but it doesn't appear that the angle for the shot is the best. Just might have a problem with getting the movement with the 10 that he wants, and that could be enough of a deterrent not to shoot it.:confused::confused:

Billy I.

Envision the cue ball positioned 6" to the right of the center diamond near the head rail, from that angle the 10 ball option now becomes a monster shot. The angle going into the 10 ball is a much better angle, it will allow you to to draw the cue ball 6 inches to the side rail, as opposed to drawing it to the head rail (big difference) from that ending position with the cue ball you will leave less return shots and you will also have the stack as an ally blocking many escape options that your opponent might have if the cue ball was near the the center diamond near the top rail. Plus the speed of the 10 ball will aid in opening up the balls with less effort, this shot from the angle described is a much easier shot to execute, with better action.

Just thought I would bring this up for those who may be interested in shots like this one. Set up this shot, and shoot it from both angles and see for yourself.;)

Billy I.

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I also like both shots, too bad there both available (for Reyes) now Buddy can choose what shot he thinks is better.:confused: Vapros is right when he says to draw the cue ball off the 10 ball and leave distance. Shooting that shot can possibly put Reyes in deep trouble, immediately, but there also is a possibility of a ball leaking out for him as well. Buddy will be able to dig under the cue ball with that shot and should hit it well, considering the angle he'll have going into the cue ball. Not true with the 7 ball shot, if you notice how closely the cue ball is positioned to the top rail, and the angle going into it is a poor one, making the execution of the shot play difficult.

Billy I.

This will be Buddy's opponent in this thread:D

CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Seems like you were missing for awhile, nice to have you back.:eek::D

Dr. Bill

Someone's gotta keep you straight:).

Buddy did carom the 12 off the 9 but just before the 12 hit the 8 ball, the 9 hit the 12 and put much more speed on it sending it into the 3 ball and knocking it loose. If not for this it would have worked out well.

BH's Shot.jpg

He left Mizerak here:

CapturedPicture_5.Jpeg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
too bad about the 3 otherwise he sure got alot of balls on his side:D
the pic from dennis was perfect to show billys comment on the angle of the shot giving buddy easy access to draw.also he did draw back up table

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
too bad about the 3 otherwise he sure got alot of balls on his side:D
the pic from dennis was perfect to show billys comment on the angle of the shot giving buddy easy access to draw.also he did draw back up table

Actually, it did work out well for him, in spite of the 3 ball leaking out. Mizerak has a ton of work ahead of him to clean up this ugly mess:confused:

I believe the best option for Miz is to play for the 12 ball bank next, he really can't afford not to end up with a second shot, and the bank on the 12 ball if made will put him in a position to possibly get a few more, or move a couple balls away...and position the cue ball where Buddy will have a hard time preserving his position..

Thanks for keeping me straight Dennis, but it probably won't last long.:(

Billy I.