T. Hogue vs. Piggy Bank 2001 D.C.C.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Made a mistake

Made a mistake

fred bentivegna said:
I knew what you meant. Leaving the cue ball on the head of the table makes no sense.

Beard

Sorry. I misspoke. I said, "leaving the cue ball on the head of the table makes no sense." I meant to say, foot of the table. The head of the table is exactly where you want to leave the cue ball whenever possible. I have been getting the head and foot mixed up for 50 years. The foot is where you rack the balls. The head is where you break from. After playing bank pool for 55 years did anybody really think I was capable of saying something that dumb because I didnt know any better?

Beard

Anybody that has played me knows exactly where I have been leaving them for the full 55 years.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
Sorry. I misspoke. I said, "leaving the cue ball on the head of the table makes no sense." I meant to say, foot of the table. The head of the table is exactly where you want to leave the cue ball whenever possible. I have been getting the head and foot mixed up for 50 years. The foot is where you rack the balls. The head is where you break from. After playing bank pool for 55 years did anybody really think I was capable of saying something that dumb because I didnt know any better?

Beard

Anybody that has played me knows exactly where I have been leaving them for the full 55 years.

YOU "misspoke"...unthinkable...Also, by your own words, you said you did not grasp the niche game until age 30 or so...My math comes up with 37 years, not 55...But thats OK...Whose counting...:p :p :p

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Jeez, Jeez...

Jeez, Jeez...

Originally Posted by fred bentivegna

Beard

SJDinPHX said:
YOU "misspoke"...unthinkable...Also, by your own words, you said you did not grasp the niche game until age 30 or so...My math comes up with 37 years, not 55...But thats OK...Whose counting...:p :p :p

...That was maybe the most pitiful attempt at criticism I have ever seen. And on top of that, he got it all wrong of course. Some anonymous poster contacted me and told me I just had to take "that guy" off ignore if only to take a look at his latest feeble, and I mean feeble, attempt at demeaning me.
God, was that weak. 37 years not 55. The only stance worse than that was when OJ Simpsons lawyers argued for a full day that the DNA evidence was not 200 million to one that it was him, but only 50 million to one. ?? When the prosecution finally conceded it was only 50 million to one, the defense acted like they hit the lottery.
Now for Anatidae Boy's edification, what I really once said, quote, was that I didnt grasp the game of ONE POCKET until I was 30, after being woken up by Gene Skinner. I had already been playing bank pool since I was 14. The first game of pool I ever played was bank pool. That was the only game played in my local pool room outside of occasional Pea Pool.

Beard

Incidentally, now that the Ghost is out West, "that guy" is going to stand by his word of course, and play the Ghost that 1k session, right?
For the record, he will have to post an even dumber post that this last one for me to again take him off ignore. That is a very remote possibility, even for him.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

...That was maybe the most pitiful attempt at criticism I have ever seen. And on top of that, he got it all wrong of course. Some anonymous poster contacted me and told me I just had to take "that guy" off ignore if only to take a look at his latest feeble, and I mean feeble, attempt at demeaning me.
God, was that weak. 37 years not 55. The only stance worse than that was when OJ Simpsons lawyers argued for a full day that the DNA evidence was not 200 million to one that it was him, but only 50 million to one. ?? When the prosecution finally conceded it was only 50 million to one, the defense acted like they hit the lottery.
Now for Anatidae Boy's edification, what I really once said, quote, was that I didnt grasp the game of ONE POCKET until I was 30, after being woken up by Gene Skinner. I had already been playing bank pool since I was 14. The first game of pool I ever played was bank pool. That was the only game played in my local pool room outside of occasional Pea Pool.

Beard

Incidentally, now that the Ghost is out West, "that guy" is going to stand by his word of course, and play the Ghost that 1k session, right?
For the record, he will have to post an even dumber post that this last one for me to again take him off ignore. That is a very remote possibility, even for him.

Only you, would waste all that ink on a small, meaningless jibe. But, I should (by now) understand your unhealthy need to defend your [sic] legacy. Sorry for my cruel, viscious, thoughtless, post, but it is very easy to confuse which game you are rambling on about.

If it makes you feel any better, my playing days are over...When I was Ghostie's age, he could have gotten a few balls...but I ain't...I can live with it, some of us can't...:rolleyes:
And please stop trying to match me up with your "homie". Its not surprising that you have chosen to ignore the situations surrounding the last two DCC's.

Anatidae Boy <--May just come out of retirement to play YOU some, while he can still walk...(or even ride in a wheelchair)..:p :p

PS..It will be even up, and it will be the game you've only been playing for 37 years (but who's counting ?) I am literally dying to get on your "beat list"...:cool:

PPS..I also find it amazing that you can't remember the foot, from the head of the table...yet you can recall (with great calarity) all the champions you have strummed in your fabled [sic] carreer...:eek:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
This deserves a bump

This deserves a bump

Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJDinPHX
YOU "misspoke"...unthinkable...Also, by your own words, you said you did not grasp the niche game until age 30 or so...My math comes up with 37 years, not 55...But thats OK...Whose counting...

Beard

I think this post is so good that it deserves a bump. At least I enjoyed it.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Excellent move Fred, then I shall bump mine...(Are we too lazy this morning, that we can't come up with anything you haven't said/blathered, 100's of times before ?)

Note to "Niche Game" guys. Sorry for the hi-jack of an exciting [sic] 10 year old match...But duty called...By the way, Fred started it, with his clever "Anatidae Boy stuff...
Oh wait, that was in another thread, where I silenced him, yet again...Heh,heh

SJDinPHX said:
Only you, would waste all that ink on a small, meaningless jibe. But, I should (by now) understand your unhealthy need to defend your [sic] legacy. Sorry for my cruel, viscious, thoughtless, post, but it is very easy to confuse which game you are rambling on about.

If it makes you feel any better, my playing days are over...When I was Ghostie's age, he could have gotten a few balls...but I ain't...I can live with it, some of us can't...:rolleyes:
And please stop trying to match me up with your "homie". Its not surprising that you have chosen to ignore the situations surrounding the last two DCC's.

Anatidae Boy <--May just come out of retirement to play YOU some, while he can still walk...(or even ride in a wheelchair) ..:p :p

PS..It will be even up, and it will be the game you've only been playing for 37 years (but who's counting ?) I am literally dying to get on your "beat list"...:cool:

PPS..I also find it amazing that you can't remember the foot, from the head of the table...yet you can recall (with great calarity) all the champions you have strummed in your fabled [sic] carreer...:eek:
(Just curious..would that be your 37, or your 55 year carreer ?) heh,heh

Last edited: