The Ghost's One Pocket kicking game

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
To practice One Pocket kicks, and, (gambling degenerate that I am 🤑 ) gamble at the same time, I started a One Pocket kicking game at Chris's Billiards that I played/play with a few guys there ----- it can be a two player game, or a ring game ----- the rules are simple:

You take turns with your opponent/opponent's choosing a One Pocket kick-shot to shoot ----- the player creating/choosing the shot and his opponent/opponent's each shoot the shot once, (the originator of the shot shooting first) and anyone that makes the kick gets paid ----- we played for $10-$20 per kick, but obviously you can play for whatever you like ----- no simple kicks are allowed, such as kicking one rail at a ball hanging in the jaws of the pocket ----- a scratch doesn't count against you in any way, and if you make the kick and scratch, it still counts.

It's a fun game, while at the same time being excellent One Pocket kicking practice ----- and as a ring game, with 3-4 players, some decent $$$ can be won also = playing with 3 guys for $20, make your kick, get paid $40 - not too shabby (y)

I'm including here 10 pics, a compilation some of the kicks that we have shot in games (and I actually went the extra mile and included graphic lines to clearly show how each kick was to be made o_O) ----- and of course, you can come up with other kicks of your own.

Ok then allayou Efren-Tony-Corey wannabees, here are the kicks >>>

006.JPG001.JPG004.JPG9999.JPG007.JPG003.JPG888.JPG002.JPG005.JPG008.JPG

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Is Ghost's game similar to playing horse?
I did this for a kick game;
Put the ob on the foot spot w/ cb placed anywhere between the 2nd diamond long rail and foot rail. Kick 3 rails into the spotted ob to make it into the declared foot corner pocket. See how many shots it takes you to make the ball, each shot the cb has to go at least 3 rails. Least amount of shots, wins. Whitey

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I live it! When I saw the title I pictured kicking out of a trap — which might also work in a “horse” type of challenge wager — but I see this is all offense! Very cool — yes I’ll try it and I support it being a sticky.

thanks Ghost!!

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Is Ghost's game similar to playing horse?
I did this for a kick game;
Put the ob on the foot spot w/ cb placed anywhere between the 2nd diamond long rail and foot rail. Kick 3 rails into the spotted ob to make it into the declared foot corner pocket. See how many shots it takes you to make the ball, each shot the cb has to go at least 3 rails. Least amount of shots, wins. Whitey
I actually spent hours and hours perfecting this shot on a table where I used to play when no one was around, it was one of the few places I ever got anyone, or even saw anyone bet on trick shots. I shot it from frozen on the inside pocket facing, so that I could position it almost perfectly every time.
My goal at first, was to get to average under 9 shots.
Within a few days , I realized no one was going to take that bet, even though they did not think I could play very well at all. Another 20 hours and I am at around 5 as an average. I got lower than that but no one would even bet on 1 out of 3. Which I probably would have went busted on, most days. I shot at the corner the length of the room and picked a spot on the wall about 60 feet away at the other end . I was shocked at how accurate you can get at making the ball , I made it 4 or 5 times in a row sometimes , or put it right in front of the pocket the first shot. I think my record was 8 in a row. It was 30 years ago, man how time flies.

Last edited:
Reactions: lll