Thorsten Hohmann vs. Gabe Owen 2009 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Due to the Duck's unrelenting pm's, phone calls and e-mails pressing me to post more and more bank layouts so that he can refine his game in time for the D.C.C. (2058) here's another. Gabe is up 2-1 this game and it's Hohmann's shot. What would you do?

CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg

CapturedPicture_2.Jpeg

I guess this might be needed:

Ball Numbers Again.jpg

Last edited:

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
If I was playing at the DCC, I would roll in the 3. But if you want to be a little daring, you can cross the 7 and bring the cueball back up table. And if you make it, then roll in the 3 afterwards.

I'm assuming the 3 is at the head rail. If the 3 is at the foot rail, then you don't roll it in.

bp2.JPG

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
since there is only one spot on the table
i assume thats where they rack them or foot of table...:rolleyes:
just sayin:D
i like the shot though chris
:lol

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
If I was playing at the DCC, I would roll in the 3. But if you want to be a little daring, you can cross the 7 and bring the cueball back up table. And if you make it, then roll in the 3 afterwards.

I'm assuming the 3 is at the head rail. If the 3 is at the foot rail, then you don't roll it in.

View attachment 4715

I like the shot & was thinking the pretty much the same.

Could you explain why you'd roll the five in at the head & not the foot?

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
I like the shot & was thinking the pretty much the same.

Could you explain why you'd roll the five in at the head & not the foot?

Well I guess you could, but it's a more difficult shot because you can't leave the cueball near the pocket. That cross-side bank with a ball on the spot is an easy shot for a bank player. So you'd have to bring the cueball back to the middle diamond maybe.

We'll have to wait for John or Freddy to get the official word.

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I had to set this shot up on my table before replying as I wanted to see the angle when shooting the 7. I agree that crossing the 7 is possible, but for the cueball to take the path ChrisBanks illustrates in his picture you would have to put quite a bit of left of the cueball. There is a kiss in the shot if it is not hit perfectly.

With that said, I would pocket the three ball. Instead of the rail-first shot, I would draw it to the middle diamond on the bottom rail.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I would

I would

get the bridge out and shoot the 3 In and draw the cball over 3 to 5 ins and try to freeze It on the rail.The 7 looks to me like It's dead on the kiss or real close.To close for me to try It with all those balls all over and In play.John B.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
The three ball is not on the table.

Of course it isn't, you moron...You didn't identify your ball's AGAIN !! (scary thought) Why don't you leave your stupid "shot selections" to Larry, or someone who at least has a clue how to present them...:rolleyes:

PS..'Birdlint' you are wanted in the members section...:frus

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Of course it isn't, you moron...You didn't identify your ball's AGAIN !! (scary thought) Why don't you leave your stupid "shot selections" to Larry, or someone who at least has a clue how to present them...:rolleyes:

PS..'Birdlint' you are wanted in the members section...:frus

You may want to consult post #1 you birdbrained egghead, I edited in the ball numbers eight hours ago:p.

Who wants me in the members forum? It's not the "creature" is it?

RBL

SJDinPHX

Suspended
You may want to consult post #1 you birdbrained egghead, I edited in the ball numbers eight hours ago.
RBL

DYISS, (your new acronym :p)

Yes, 24 hrs after torturing people, needlessly...How thoughtless of you..:(

Note;...Hi-jack successfully completed @ 12/12 2011..4:48 PM...:lol:lol:lol

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Cowboy Dennis said:
The three ball is not on the table.

Oh yes It Is!!! Or It's the 5.Whichever one's sitting In the hole there birdbrain breath.:lol.John B.

Dear Corncob Pipe Breath,

Can you interpret the english language and/or pictures & numbers??? I realize this is a stretch for a Duck but for you it shouldn't be so tough:D.

P.S. This is from post #1.

Ball Numbers Again.jpg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Well I don't pay no attention that ole stuff:lol Barragbreath,I think that's my fav for you.John B.

Dear "sittin' on the back porch in Grannys rocking chair" Breath,

Why pay attention to post #1 and the ball numbers??? It would only clarify your responses:).

Cowboy "bar rag breath" Dennis

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Being behind and not having any decent banks (in my mind), I like pocketing the 5-ball and dragging the cue about a diamond over toward the middle of the table. Doesn't have to go all the way over to the middle diamond -- the main thing is to stick the cue pretty tight to the end rail and take away the cross side on the spotted ball, imo.

On second look, you could also nick the right side of the 7-ball with right english and come all the way back to the foot rail with the cue ball.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Need a real table.

Need a real table.

Hohmann banked the 9 ball straight-back.

View attachment 4731
I would have to be on a real table to really see if that shot goes. Apparently it did, so that is what i would have shot also. Knocking off the 5 from that position is a stiff because the shot is no good unless the cue ball gets absolutely frozen to the end rail and about a diamond at least away from the corner pocket. To do that you would need the cue ball to be closer to the head rail and maybe closer to the 5 ball.
If you dont freeze it your oppo can shoot the spotted ball up table, either shooting into a ball on the other side or shooting it up and back down and pulling the cue ball back to the foot rail putting you in the trouble.

BEard