Thread question?

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
Each time I log in, I view the threads with #1 being at the bottom. This means I have to scroll down and then the 2nd is above it.
How can I change it to have the #1 post at the top? Guess I'm a lil computer, or at least, forum challenged. :eek:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Each time I log in, I view the threads with #1 being at the bottom. This means I have to scroll down and then the 2nd is above it.
How can I change it to have the #1 post at the top? Guess I'm a lil computer, or at least, forum challenged. :eek:

Try "display modes" see what's happening there.
try FAQ
Try user CP and scroll to edit options or some such.
All I got. :)
Rod.

Toncam

Verified Member
I tried looking around and couldnt come up with anything, maybe contact the Moderator and see what he says.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I believe the default when not logged in, is to show the posts "Oldest first", as if it was your first time reading a thread and you wanted to start from the beginning. Once you join and log in, the default changes to "Newest first" based on the assumption that you have already read the earlier posts and now you just want to quickly catch up with what is new.

To change your preferences for how you view the threads when you are logged in so that you see the oldest first (as if you were not logged in), then follow these steps, which are illustrated with the screen capture links below:

1. Go to your "User CP"
2. Click on "Edit Options" and scroll down to the dialogue box for "Thread Display Options"
3. Select the display mode you prefer and then scroll way down to the bottom and click "Save Changes"

That should do it!

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-08-27_07-03-08.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-08-27_07-03-08.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Greenshot_2013-08-27_07-05-06.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-08-27_07-05-06.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Greenshot_2013-08-27_07-11-10.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-08-27_07-11-10.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I believe the default when not logged in, is to show the posts "Oldest first", as if it was your first time reading a thread and you wanted to start from the beginning. Once you join and log in, the default changes to "Newest first" based on the assumption that you have already read the earlier posts and now you just want to quickly catch up with what is new.

To change your preferences for how you view the threads when you are logged in so that you see the oldest first (as if you were not logged in), then follow these steps, which are illustrated with the screen capture links below:

1. Go to your "User CP"
2. Click on "Edit Options" and scroll down to the dialogue box for "Thread Display Options"
3. Select the display mode you prefer and then scroll way down to the bottom and click "Save Changes"

That should do it!

steve
whats threaded and hybrid option??

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona

1. Go to your "User CP"

That should do it!

SWEET!!!! TYVM, that did it. I was also able to turn off avatars. Nice option, considering I'm usually at work and my customers can see my screen. Thanks again :)