Titlist cues

Nohomegnome

I’ve heard great things about Titlist/Titlist conversions, but never hit one. Are they worth the hype if you can get your hands on one, or is the value based solely on their scarcity?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I’ve heard great things about Titlist/Titlist conversions, but never hit one. Are they worth the hype if you can get your hands on one, or is the value based solely on their scarcity?

I've always been partial to their simple design and full splice construction. But as far as rarity -- there are a lot of original titlest cues that have survived, so they are not that uncommon. Plus many modern era cue makers have tried their hand at similar styles.

I think the value of the conversions has a lot to do with two things -- the quality of the wood and workmanship in the original, and who did the conversion -- bigger names always get bigger money.

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
I have converted several and I have one for sale now....$1250

Attachments

• Titlis Conversion.jpg
    Titlis Conversion.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Here's an example of a conversion billiard cue by Ray Schuler for a friend of mine that I purchased a couple years ago. I have several conversion over the years and this is one of my favorites. I had the shafts cut dow to be more between a pool taper and a billiard taper so it can be used for both.

You're on the right track if you're thinking of buying one.

Good luck!
Dave

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
gotta like those old brunswicks. oversized butts and all. when i was a kid, my father had a 50s era "master stroke." absolutely loved that cue. got my butt kicked more than once getting it out of the tube cardboard case and hittn' balls with it when he wasn't around....lol....(i always wondered how he found out....lol....:D).

anyway, a few years ago i lifted it on the down-low while at my folks house over the holidays and my buddy qball refinished it for him....new ivory ferrule, fixed the loose pin, etc..... (he didn't kick my butt for that....lol....)

(we didn't dare tinker with the original leather wrap or decal.....)

:)

---------

in an unknown and undiscovered location, there has to be an unopened crate of those old cues in storage somewhere.....

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I still have a 40's vintage Willie Hoppe two piece that I shot with for a while back around 1980. Fat butt for sure!