Two other little kiss shots by the rail

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
bob the second video was enlightening
i thought the double kiss was with the cue ball !!!!

Same here. Not sure one would play either shot in 8, 9 or 10-ball but they may well come in handy in a one-pocket game.

I think I saw these shots (or a close variation of them) on one of Massey's trickshot DVDs

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
Same here. Not sure one would play either shot in 8, 9 or 10-ball but they may well come in handy in a one-pocket game. ...
They also work at 8-ball. If both balls are your's, it's pretty clear. If the pocketed ball is your opponent's ball, it can also be good for you as you have liberated your ball and killed one of his soldiers.

baby huey

Verified Member
Bob, good stuff in the videos. The second shot is one I learned back in my bar pool days with the big ball. That billiard is so easy to make with the 3C ball.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
They also work at 8-ball. If both balls are your's, it's pretty clear. If the pocketed ball is your opponent's ball, it can also be good for you as you have liberated your ball and killed one of his soldiers.
Bob, I may be misunderstanding your statement. Is it not a foul to contact your opponent's ball first?

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
Bob, I may be misunderstanding your statement. Is it not a foul to contact your opponent's ball first?

I think Bob is saying "Imagine that blue 2 were in fact the stripe 10". The potting of my op's ball brings my inning to an end so I'm not sure I would ever do that. My 8 ball experience is such that there is rarely a place to hide to not leave my opponent a shot so waiving my insurance (the tied stripe ball) will be my undoing, in most cases.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
There's plenty of times in 8 Ball where it's very advantageous to make a good hit on your ball and pocket your opponents ball as you unleash your ball that was tied up for later...

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
I think Bob is saying "Imagine that blue 2 were in fact the stripe 10". The potting of my op's ball brings my inning to an end ...
That is what I was intending. In both of the shots in the video above, the one ball is struck first and the two is pocketed. Jerry's shot is different in that you pocket the ball you hit first.