US Open 10 Brackets online NOW

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
That's too bad to hear, Fatboy. Since you're up in the LA area, you should hit up KJOC to see about your back - Dr. Dillin is a badass mofo that could survive on M&Ms alone and could put in a full day's work before I even woke up(or at least could, a dozen years ago). I miss some of the stuff LA has to offer, but I sure don't miss taking an hour to go 8 miles on the 405. I just wish I had gotten into pool back then.

It's nice to see some of the NW's usual suspects doing pretty well(or at least were, when I checked 9b yesterday). Eddie's got a heck of a game and seems to be a likeable guy the few times I've seen him. Unless I didn't look close enough, I don't remember seeing much of the NW in the 1P division - I think I saw JD in there, but maybe that was it. Oh, wait, Vidal is in it, too, I believe.

I'm hoping our pixalized brethren do well.. Brumback, Roy, JR, Ghost and the rest of the cast! I'll need to check the brackets now. :) Maybe I can even catch some streaming here at work. :D

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
A and B

A and B

A. Theyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee off!
B. Table #4 is the stream table. Or not.

Deeman

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Just want to say good luck to all of the onepocket.org members in the tournament tomorrow...and, make sure to move like a Ghost...;)

- Ghost

Best to you Ghost as well! Please keep us up on things as you normally do! Wish I could be there!

DeeMan

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
The word I have received is that Mike Dechaine has replaced Amar Kang.
Amar seems to have had a mishap injuring his arm and cannot play.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Deeman said:
Anyone know much about John's first opponent, Mr. Hart?

Good luck Fatboy! Hope you make your goal and good on you for stepping up to play!

Deeman

thanks, I just didnt make it to Vegas. I just moved from there 9 days ago and the thought of going back didnt sit good with me,

I really did want to play. I will step up again. I know I can win a game or 2, a match if I get a roll or 6 ;).

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Banks said:
That's too bad to hear, Fatboy. Since you're up in the LA area, you should hit up KJOC to see about your back - Dr. Dillin is a badass mofo that could survive on M&Ms alone and could put in a full day's work before I even woke up(or at least could, a dozen years ago). I miss some of the stuff LA has to offer, but I sure don't miss taking an hour to go 8 miles on the 405. I just wish I had gotten into pool back then.

It's nice to see some of the NW's usual suspects doing pretty well(or at least were, when I checked 9b yesterday). Eddie's got a heck of a game and seems to be a likeable guy the few times I've seen him. Unless I didn't look close enough, I don't remember seeing much of the NW in the 1P division - I think I saw JD in there, but maybe that was it. Oh, wait, Vidal is in it, too, I believe.

I'm hoping our pixalized brethren do well.. Brumback, Roy, JR, Ghost and the rest of the cast! I'll need to check the brackets now. :) Maybe I can even catch some streaming here at work. :D

I been playing 1P almost every night at House of Billiards in Santa Monica, I'm not adjusted to the wet tables(yet) but everyday I see a bit of improvment, I sort of know where the CB is gonna go, I can bank on them fine and speed control is fine but if I have to hit a OB full and stun the CB i'm introuble, nothing slides, the friction on the wet cloth changes that, and I like to slide the CB a lot, so I need to learn to play on wet tables again. Years ago I could adjust fast because I was used to both wet or dry cloth, then I played the last 4 years in Vegas 905 of the time and WOW did I ever become a one dimensional player; thats weak, so I'm paying my dues and re-learning to play on wet tables. I get used to both, thats gonna be a nice accomplishment for me. I'm working on it. This is how you have to approach pool when your not born gifted.

best to everyone,

Eric:)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Our own John H. Bernie, Roy, and David got lucky big-time re. the 8 man section of the bracket that they drew into...they're all there together with not one pro or top speed One Pocket player in there with them...they'll probably be playing each other.

- Ghost

Roy Steffensen

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Our own John H. Bernie, Roy, and David got lucky big-time re. the 8 man section of the bracket that they drew into...they're all there together with not one pro or top speed One Pocket player in there with them...they'll probably be playing each other.

- Ghost

I'll play Bernie P in the morning, and he's so nervous he's already went to bed... I tried to hand his friend a wad of $ so he could buy drinks for him all night, but didn't work...

Btw, ALL the 1-p org players that entered (and met), won their matches today, so thats cool. Brumback, John H, Joey A, Lou, Bernie P and me. (If someone else I didn't notice, I'm sorry)

THANKS a lot to Lou for doing the dinner-get-together yesterday, that was cool and I really appreciated it.

Btw, Lou worked his ass off to get us a table in there, and even though it was really busy we managed to finish off in time for the players meeting ;)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I've never heard of Francis Crevier :confused: who just beat Chris Macdonald 4-1...he has a french name...hey Roy - is he a Euro player? - playing One Pocket..:eek:

- Ghost

Deeman

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost

Ghost,

You might not be able to out move a ghost but John and Bernie say you can't outdraw a Gunslinger! :)

You guys are having entirely too much fun!

DeeMan

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
I've never heard of Francis Crevier :confused: who just beat Chris Macdonald 4-1...he has a french name...hey Roy - is he a Euro player? - playing One Pocket..:eek:

- Ghost

There are four or five Canadiens in the tournament. They all pocket balls well but are not too patient in the moving department.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
NH Steve said:
Lou won again this afternoon... he played solid, with that ever so nice Gina cue :)

Well, he better keep playing solid...cuz he'll be 'stepping up in class' just a wee bit, for his next match...;)

- Ghost

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Homeboy Chris G. beats Rafael, and moves on...Scott Frost gets beat by Chris ("I don't play one pocket") Bartram...and Brian Butler destroys Jeremy Jones 4-0...:eek:

- Ghost

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
and our horse John lost to Rapael 3-1 and Efren is up next on the TV table against Brian Butler

John didn't have his best day.. had some chances but just couldn't get it done. He's still learning... watch out in a few years though. If he keeps playing the game, he'll get a lot better at it.

We all know his dedication and desire is there, he's proved that by picking up the game of bank pool and becoming the best in the world.

Good job John! You did us proud! You didn't have to win to validate our choice.

Deeman

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
and our horse John lost to Rapael 3-1 and Efren is up next on the TV table against Brian Butler

John didn't have his best day.. had some chances but just couldn't get it done. He's still learning... watch out in a few years though. If he keeps playing the game, he'll get a lot better at it.

We all know his dedication and desire is there, he's proved that by picking up the game of bank pool and becoming the best in the world.

Good job John! You did us proud! You didn't have to win to validate our choice.

Well said, Martinez is triple tough and John did great! Now, the rest of you keep playing well! :)

DeeMan

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Roy Steffensen said:
I'll play Bernie P in the morning, and he's so nervous he's already went to bed... I tried to hand his friend a wad of $ so he could buy drinks for him all night, but didn't work...

Btw, ALL the 1-p org players that entered (and met), won their matches today, so thats cool. Brumback, John H, Joey A, Lou, Bernie P and me. (If someone else I didn't notice, I'm sorry)

THANKS a lot to Lou for doing the dinner-get-together yesterday, that was cool and I really appreciated it.

Btw, Lou worked his ass off to get us a table in there, and even though it was really busy we managed to finish off in time for the players meeting ;)

lol. Roy is making Norwegian humor -- the place was pretty much empty... I think they were glad to get us, rowdy though we were.

I'll post some photos in a bit.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
A. Theyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee off!
B. Table #4 is the stream table. Or not.

Not that it matters so much, but the TV table is not numbered.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Lou won again this afternoon... he played solid, with that ever so nice Gina cue :)

Tank you. Tank you berry much :)

Lou Figueroa