walking with Giants, Rempe

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I always look down ;) I'm 6'6''. But really, it was refreshing at times to see the likes of Weanie Beanie/DeValle/Ronnie Allen/Marino/Rempe/Liscotti/Irving Crane/Balsis/Boston Shorty/Jersey Red/Hubert Cokes/Fats and on dressed in sport coats and ties at times always collared shirts ''it was business''. It's ads something to the moment in time at Janscos/Johnston City IL Fall 60's70's. Richie Florence Dressed Sharp, as did Hippie Cole Dixon, Sigel/Hubbard. Even Cosmo :).

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
True, but these men lived during the great depression and got by hand to mouth, on skill and ''street smarts''. So their appearance, stature and walk are quite different than men in the 21st century who lost a job at McDonalds :).

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
why is everyone so impressed over how someone dresses. dressing up is to impress someone else. do it if you feel you need to.

i was always the guy with dirty jeans, tee shirt, and long hair. i wore and still wear what is comfortable for me. but i drove a new car every year since i turned 17. and always or mostly had thousands in my pocket every day. also had the prettiest girls who seemed to never care about dress up.

anyone who might of looked down on me, who cares about them. let them walk around with a suit and tie on, like the jehovahs witnesses begging for money.
Great attitude for the promotion of pool which has been replaced on ESPN by cornhole and which already suffers from the image of being surrounded by vagrants, malcontents, grifters and degenerate gamblers and relegated to Facebook and UTube.

beatle

Verified Member
and you put in your avatar someone who looks just like that. funny huh.