Way behind the times

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I just had a severe wake up call yesterday. I was sleeping with the tv on and I woke up to a terrific music video. It was so good it brought me out of a deep sleep. I immediately recorded it and played it over and over. I thought that I had discovered uranium! The tune was infectious and the girl's voice was phenomenal. I thought here is a group that will zoom to the top. :lol

I was interested enough to look them up on the internet. I wanted to find out the girl singers name. The group was, Four Non Blondes, the song was, What's Up, and the girl was Linda Perry. Up until now they were a complete blank to me.

For whatever reason Linda turned me on greatly and I was crushed when I discovered she was a dyke. It only got worse from there. I next discovered that the band had already broken up in 1995! And the song I loved was from 1993! Then from what I thought was two girls and two guys in the group turned out to be 4 dildo danglers. (Not that there is anything wrong with that -- just please include me in the mix some kind of way)

How far out of touch has the Ole Beard gone?

The number is still Triple Jamski no matter how old it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXn...DvjVQa1PpcFPxlxBvPIIYH5FR-lxbqAHdE_-aJKGqpAY=

Beard

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I just had a severe wake up call yesterday. I was sleeping with the tv on and I woke up to a terrific music video. It was so good it brought me out of a deep sleep. I immediately recorded it and played it over and over. I thought that I had discovered uranium! The tune was infectious and the girl's voice was phenomenal. I thought here is a group that will zoom to the top. :lol

I was interested enough to look them up on the internet. I wanted to find out the girl singers name. The group was, Four Non Blondes, the song was, What's Up, and the girl was Linda Perry. Up until now they were a complete blank to me.

For whatever reason Linda turned me on greatly and I was crushed when I discovered she was a dyke. It only got worse from there. I next discovered that the band had already broken up in 1995! And the song I loved was from 1993! Then from what I thought was two girls and two guys in the group turned out to be 4 dildo danglers. (Not that there is anything wrong with that -- just please include me in the mix some kind of way)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXn...DvjVQa1PpcFPxlxBvPIIYH5FR-lxbqAHdE_-aJKGqpAY=

Beard

Yeah Freddy...that song was a big hit back when it came out, and afterwards - it was on the radio, etc. all the time.

- Ghost

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
not bad enough

not bad enough

Yeah Freddy...that song was a big hit back when it came out, and afterwards - it was on the radio, etc. all the time.

- Ghost

If that wasnt bad enough, I just checked on another song that I like real well and only recently heard, "Joey," by Concrete Blonde. Unbelievably they did the number on the Dennis Miller show in 1992! I thought it had just come out!

Beard

My daughter is trying to get me to tweet. She signed me up and I did do it once about a week ago.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
If that wasnt bad enough, I just checked on another song that I like real well and only recently heard, "Joey," by Concrete Blonde. Unbelievably they did the number on the Dennis Miller show in 1992! I thought it had just come out!

Beard

My daughter is trying to get me to tweet. She signed me up and I did do it once about a week ago.

Good job Beard. I heard it before but had forgot about it. I listened to it about 5 or 6 times and started liking it more each time. I find stuff like that now and then. There's no way I can keep up with it all and listen to old things too. There's too much. Just tons of stuff out there. I put that one in my files for sure. I started watching an old movie, 'Colors' the other night. It brought back a great song to me from the opening credits when Penn (pac man) and Duvall (Hodges) were assigned to each other in the LA CRASH program. A great workout song

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H0coPhlpy4[/ame]

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Beard

That singer sounds a lot like Alanis Morrisette to me. She's good though.

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Dennis

Dear 'Tin Ear' Breath,

Linda Perry is TWICE the singer Anal-lis Morrislut is !...Stick to critique-ing something your lint brain can absorb....Like 40 year old Greenshit diagrams..:rolleyes:

Clive Davis McDuck <--It takes a REAL singer, to know one...:sorry :D :D

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois

Dennis

If only I knew who Alanis Morrisette was. (Did look her up on YouTube, she's good too, but I have the hots for the 1990's version of Linda Perry -- I checked out her updated version -- Not so good. A., her voice is 50% in the shitter. All that dope has taken its toll. B., she has also uglied up, got skinny and lost that baby fat. I wonder why? I guess you dont pick up any calories with all that Burger Biting.)

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
If only I knew who Alanis Morrisette was. (Did look her up on YouTube, she's good too, but I have the hots for the 1990's version of Linda Perry -- I checked out her updated version -- Not so good. A., her voice is 50% in the shitter. All that dope has taken its toll. B., she has also uglied up, got skinny and lost that baby fat. I wonder why? I guess you dont pick up any calories with all that Burger Biting.)

Beard

Freddy,

You definitely liked Alanis a little while ago:p
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ6pFdvnnCA&feature=related[/ame]

"You Oughta Know"

I want you to know, that I'm happy for you
I wish nothing but the best for you both
An older version of me
Is she perverted like me
Would she go down on you in a theatre
Does she speak eloquently
And would she have your baby
I'm sure she'd make a really excellent mother

'cause the love that you gave that we made wasn't able
To make it enough for you to be open wide, no
And every time you speak her name
Does she know how you told me you'd hold me
Until you died, till you died
But you're still alive

And I'm here to remind you
Of the mess you left when you went away
It's not fair to deny me
Of the cross I bear that you gave to me
You, you, you oughta know

You seem very well, things look peaceful
I'm not quite as well, I thought you should know
Did you forget about me Mr. Duplicity
I hate to bug you in the middle of dinner
It was a slap in the face how quickly I was replaced
Are you thinking of me when you **** her?

Until you died, til you died
But you're still alive

It's not fair to deny me

'cause the joke that you laid on the bed that was me
And I'm not gonna fade
As soon as you close your eyes and you know it
And every time I scratch my nails down someone else's back
I hope you feel it...well can you feel it

Well, I'm here to remind you
It's not fair to deny me

fred bentivegna said:
I have fell way behind

I have fell way behind in the musical scene. I had heard Alanis Morissette on the radio singing that one song. Never knew anything about her. But off that video I can immediately see that she is my kind of girl. Foul, raunchy, and talented. I have never held those traits against a woman.

Country, Cowboy, and Blue Grass, I likes it all. Spent enough time on the road in those rebel bars where that stuff got played non-stop. Favorite is probably Hank Williams Jr, again dating myself. Loved Alabama, what style music did they call that, Hill-billy Rock? Forgot.

Beard

Southern Rock, just looked it up. All time Southern Rock guitar player from the Allman Bros, Dickie Betts. Could spot Duane Allman the 8 ball.

Here's the thread: http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4395

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Freddy,

"You Oughta Know"

I want you to know, that I'm happy for you
I wish nothing but the best for you both
An older version of me
Is she perverted like me
Would she go down on you in a theatre
Does she speak eloquently
And would she have your baby
I'm sure she'd make a really excellent mother

Until you died, till you died
But you're still alive

It's not fair to deny me

You seem very well, things look peaceful
I'm not quite as well, I thought you should know
Did you forget about me Mr. Duplicity
I hate to bug you in the middle of dinner
It was a slap in the face how quickly I was replaced
Are you thinking of me when you **** her?

Until you died, til you died
But you're still alive

It's not fair to deny me

'cause the joke that you laid on the bed that was me
And I'm not gonna fade
As soon as you close your eyes and you know it
And every time I scratch my nails down someone else's back
I hope you feel it...well can you feel it

Well, I'm here to remind you
It's not fair to deny me

That's the same stuff they all say, meanwhile they've got a date for the weekend. :D
Rod.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Freddy,

You definitely liked Alanis a little while ago:p
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ6pFdvnnCA&feature=related[/ame]

After watching the video and sweating the lyrics, I like her again. It definitely is my kinda girl. I used to specialize in getting those wild ones to tell me to slow down and cool it.

Truthfully, I didnt remember her, nor do I remember once liking her. That is one of the prices you pay for getting old.
More truth is I probably liked and heard that, "What's up," number back in the 90s and forgot about that too.

After a couple of years I can watch a movie again and its like I never seen it before.

Beard

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
That song was everywhere for awhile. At this point, that song is on shows like vh1's "One Hit Wonders" since the band went nowhere afterwards.

I really, really don't like that song. Kills me actually...

Amy Winehouse was a crackhead, a drunk, and not too attractive but her music was a hell of a lot better than that.

Just my opinion of course.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Amy Winehouse was a crackhead, a drunk, and not too attractive but her music was a hell of a lot better than that.

Bud,

I guess you're saying Amy would have been a shoo-in for El Beardo's "Secret Society", huh ?..:p :p :p

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member

Beard

We always liked the southern ladies. They speak so slowly, by the time they tell you they're not that kind of girl, they are.

BTW, any of my comments about the softer gender mean no dis-respect. At four nine and a half in my senior year of high school, I knew about as much about girls as a southern pool hustler knows about straight pool. I'm just mouthing off. I should pipe down and keep it nice. Alfie

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I imagine! Amy would have been the Den Mother.

Beard

I was hoping you would say that, Beard. She was ok and a very nice girl with a serious problem (and about 5 Emmys). Let's don't forget her god daughter, Dionne B..............

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaTTI5sobgI&feature=related[/ame]

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
Winehouse with a twist...Linda could sing for sure:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmHX7wzx2ps[/ame]

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Beard

Well thanks a lot Beard. You got me hooked up and strung out on the 4 Non Blonds What's Up song. I been watching one pocket and listening to that along with Winehouse all day since I got back from Sams Club. Oh yea and DB, the god daughter.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybL41pQz6Qo[/ame]

pvclou

Verified Member
That's the same stuff they all say, meanwhile they've got a date for the weekend. :D
Rod.

You're still my hero, Rodney.

:D

Are you still getting any games out there at Bobby Parker's room?

-Lou

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I was hoping you would say that, Beard. She was ok and a very nice girl with a serious problem (and about 5 Emmys). Let's don't forget her god daughter, Dionne B..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaTTI5sobgI&feature=related

WOW!!! Dionne is spectacular, thanks for the turn on. Just purchased her introductory cd Introducing Dionne Bromfield and I also purchased Good for the soul.

Love listening to the oldies, and she can really whale.

Dr. Bill