What is that dog worth?

unoperro

Verified Member
Today we had our annual Pheasants Forever youth hunt. I have volunteers from my North American Versatile Hunting Dog club bring their dogs and guide for the youth. The event starts at the gun club with registration , shooting some trap , and a safety talk. This is followed by a dog demonstration using planted pigeons. Gun safety around dogs is stressed. After this kids,with a parent/guardian , are taken to private fields to hunt.

At the field one handler is stressing to the young hunters the importance of safety. He begins with "dont shoot my dogs" followed by instructions on how to approach the dogs while on point and what will be a safe shooting zone. He follows up with what is not safe and again "dont shoot my dogs". A grandpa there with his grandson asked "what is that dog worth"? Owner replies 10,000 is the price of that dog .

Grandpa says my cows are not worth 10,000 . The dog owner states dog is 3 , she has had 1 litter of 10 pups. After stud fee , vet bills for xrays,tails docked, dew claws removed,and puppy food I cleared a 1000 a pup. I have deposits for 6 pups from her next breeding. Grandpa in disbelief says that dog is worth more then 10,000.