What's everybody doing within or outside of the parameters of our lockdown?

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Keith, I have a bunch of wooden “snake” material. Could I steal your idea?
OF course Bill,I would love that.Of course you know I own the patent rights but rest easy the royalties are very affordable. Send me pics of any finished pieces. K

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
OF course Bill,I would love that.Of course you know I own the patent rights but rest easy the royalties are very affordable. Send me pics of any finished pieces. K
I can do my usual split with the one similar to John. There are four of us, we put up 50% of the money, he takes the first 80% and then three of us split 20%. We absorb 100% of the losses.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I can do my usual split with the one similar to John. There are four of us, we put up 50% of the money, he takes the first 80% and then three of us split 20%. We absorb 100% of the losses.
Bill you get a free roll, enjoy but send the pics. K

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I've probably watched every you tube One Pocket match twice by now.......did spring house stuff......watching hours of streaming movies and tv series with Riva.....and luckily, before all the libraries closed, I took out about 12 books...

The weather here in Chicago has been chilly the last few weeks - 40's every day - not missing any good weather outside....but then, day-before-yesterday, an uncommon warm front came through and it was 75 degrees out (y) lasted for 2 days - Riva and I walked the 1/2 mile from our home shelter over to/along the Chicago river and sat on a grassy bank for a coupla hours watching the ducks, and a few fisherman and canoers....it sure felt good to get out of the house, in the sun 🌞 and at the river 🌾 🦆 and we never got closer than 10 ft. to the other peeps that were out and about.

- Ghost
p.s. If Frank doesn't mind, I'm thinking of changing my name to 'Ghost da barber' o_O cuz for the first time in my life, since all of the barbers and salons are closed down, this week I gave myself a haircut - I cut the top and sides and Riva cut the back - and it didn't come out bad at all > 👨‍🦳 :)
Posting a lot more on OnePocket.org

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
Every other day is spent in bed recovering from working in the shop, working on the lawnmower, cullying limbs, building a light for my table. View attachment 430524

Really nice. I have a bay window I would like to change to your style. The roofline may prevent me

What a view. One of our favorite places in the world is in Oregon just over the California border. You've got the rocky coasts, the Redwoods and a fair number of "roadside attractions" (like the Trees of Mystery) nearby. Really, really missing that now that we moved back to the East Coast and don't have a yard... :/ Around here, been mainly trying to keep the kids (and ourselves) sane. Drinking more wine than before, that's for sure too. Other than that, reading a bunch and doing small things around the place, like painting, changing hinges on doors, and other exciting household affairs.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Just wanted to update everyone:

I decided not to volunteer at the golf course this year since touching and disinfecting golf carts was a necessary evil of the job. It not only made me nervous, it made my wife nervous too.

Thank you all for your input...even if you think I'm a wuss. :oops::cool::love:

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
You are not a wuss. I hope they'll let you play golf even if you aren't mopping up the virus on their carts.

Just wanted to update everyone:

I decided not to volunteer at the golf course this year since touching and disinfecting golf carts was a necessary evil of the job. It not only made me nervous, it made my wife nervous too.

Thank you all for your input...even if you think I'm a wuss. :oops::cool::love:

baby huey

Verified Member
I've been painting so much, I now challenge myself to paint without drop cloths or tape. I'm getting pretty good too. My wife hates me doing this because she thinks I'm going to spill the paint on the floor. We got bets going and I'm winning the cash. LOL

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I've been painting so much, I now challenge myself to paint without drop cloths or tape. I'm getting pretty good too. My wife hates me doing this because she thinks I'm going to spill the paint on the floor. We got bets going and I'm winning the cash. LOL
I would never bet that lol -- I both drip and spill, and of course just when I have almost finished an unusually neat job, then comes the errant brush!! For some reason it doesn't even happen when I'm doing the fussy cutting either -- the brush gets away doing something simple, like reaching back for the paint can or painting those broad areas that are supposed to be easy because there is no cutting lol.

PS -- why does this sound just like what happens when I play One Pocket???

beatle

Verified Member
painting without mistakes is a true test of your hand control, and your patience