World series

Ross Keith Thompson

Verified Member
From
madisonville, texas
After 45 years of following the Houston Astro's they finally made it to the top of the heap.

The 5th game of the series was stuff of legend, 13-12 in 10 innings.

It kind of like the Red Sox getting the monkey off their back.

We also have a kid name Deshawn Watson some of you may want to take a look at on Sundays.

Sometimes life is good!

El Chapo

Verified Member
Great for Houston.

That game seven was quite dull for the rest of the world, not to take anything away. I mean I felt like I was watching a blowout brewers game in mid July. I am not even kidding... nice fans la has, Jesus. There’s no way that wasn’t the boringest game seven in baseball history. I’m not so much talking about the score but the crowd. I’ve never seen a crowd literally give up on their team like that after being down a bit. Totally emotionless crowd and the dodgers play seemed to follow suit.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Yes, congratulations to the Astros and the City of Houston -- it has been a rough year and this championship has to lift spirits beyond baseball.

I happened to grow up in a non-baseball family, and I did not become a fan really until 1975 when I was in college and the Red Sox made the world series -- another great series although it ended wrong for Sox fans.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Yes, congratulations to the Astros and the City of Houston -- it has been a rough year and this championship has to lift spirits beyond baseball.

I happened to grow up in a non-baseball family, and I did not become a fan really until 1975 when I was in college and the Red Sox made the world series -- another great series although it ended wrong for Sox fans.
The 1975 Cincinnati Reds vs. the Boston Red Sox was my second favorite series of all time. There was never a more exciting contest, with the Reds prevailing in game 7.

My first all time favorite was the Pirates 1960 win over the Yankees. Bill Mazeroski hit a walk-off home run in the bottom of the 9th inning in game 7 to win it all. It's still the only game 7 walk-off home run in Series history. We were still celebrating a week later!..:)

But this week's Series was a wonderful win for the Houston baseball fans, and for the great State of Texas!!

~Doc

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
The 1975 Cincinnati Reds vs. the Boston Red Sox was my second favorite series of all time. There was never a more exciting contest, with the Reds prevailing in game 7.

My first all time favorite was the Pirates 1960 win over the Yankees. Bill Mazeroski hit a walk-off home run in the bottom of the 9th inning in game 7 to win it all. It's still the only game 7 walk-off home run in Series history. We were still celebrating a week later!..:)

But this week's Series was a wonderful win for the Houston baseball fans, and for the great State of Texas!!

~Doc

Congrats to Houston - I am glad they have something that may help lift some of their spirits after all the bad stuff that has happened in that area!

I am not a big sports fan myself but I do remember the Big Red Machine Doc :)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
After 45 years of following the Houston Astro's they finally made it to the top of the heap.

The 5th game of the series was stuff of legend, 13-12 in 10 innings.

It kind of like the Red Sox getting the monkey off their back.

We also have a kid name Deshawn Watson some of you may want to take a look at on Sundays.

Sometimes life is good!

well.....jinxed him pretty good....

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
We were wanting the big show, and I and the LA fans were denied that for there sets Kershaw on the bench. It was over in two innings. Enthusiastic Houston, their character, and their moxie was the real show, congrats Houston, you are the true champs!

Man what a tough break losing Watson. I love watching rookie qb's and he had it going on. I have not seen a qb that aqile before, I mean he can throw it from anywhere with his body all contorted. Cool under pressure, total command. Hope you pick up another qb that can ball and get into the playoffs.

My memories of World Series was watching Sandy Koufax, wow he was something to behold! Whitey