you vs him wwyd??

Island Drive

Verified Member
I like hitting the 4 ball with follow and making this an Up table game because of my lead. Cue ball to the foot rail sets my shot and speed. The four will hit the foot rail first. It will carom both balls too my side up/table. The first pic shows this angle to be there. Second pic not.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I go rail first off the head rail with RHE, hit half of the (8?), CB goes to opponents long rail and then spins down between stripe and 3 ball.

My goal is to get the CB as close to foot rail as I can.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Chris (Catkins) picked the correct shot in my opinion. (y) 🤷‍♂️:unsure:
Mine, too. I like it because if you don't hit it perfect and leave some space between the four and jojo, the three still has it blocked from his pocket..

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
put the 15 on my side long rail w/ cb going to the foot rail. Now I am playing the up table game with a 5-0 lead and have established a ball on my long rail.
Up table strategy, LOL! Whitey

vapros

Verified Member
I'm with Chris, Robert and Jimmy as we all want to get Jojo to the foot rail. I will play off the 2 ball, hitting both long rails to get there. With no banks available, him will have to help me move balls uptable, protecting my 5-0 lead. Don't forget what happened to Efren, just last week.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
I do not like the 14 ball bank shot leaving the cb behind the 4, for my reply is to stroke the 4 in front of my hole and leave you behind that group of 3 balls with no way to make your 14. Now you got to deal with that ball by my hole and still try and protect your 14.

I do not expect you can freeze the cb to 4 good enough to keep me off this shot! Whitey

OneRock

Verified Member
If the intention is to bank the 14-ball and use the 4 to hide/freeze the CB, I don't think the angle permits it. I'd rather bank the 14 into those 3 balls by my side pocket, hoping it caroms off one of the balls and slide down towards my pocket.

androd

Verified Member
I've got a 5/0 lead, I'll rub off the 14ball and leave the CB near his pocket.

beatle

Verified Member
since both pics are different in my view i would hit a ball towards my pocket and leave him no shot at his. and covering that ball for yourself. which ever works.

most balls are out of play already negating the immediate need to try to have an up table game.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I've got a 5/0 lead, I'll rub off the 14ball and leave the CB near his pocket.
I agree with this shot. I am just glancing off the 14 to push it to the rail and going all the way up undereath the ball near his pocket. I plan on moving that ball by his hole in 1 of the next 2 turns at the table.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
I would bank the 14 to my hole and just slip over with the CB to sit on the 4.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
What if you make the 14?
Ideally, I'd leave it at the pocket; preferably at the short rail allowing room for the 1 ball to pass if useful later. If it was potted, I'd just have to decide what to play after seeing exactly how the CB came to rest on the 4.
:) However; I reserve the right to change my shot once standing over the table - I do like the idea of using the 14 to separate that three-ball cluster.

beatle

Verified Member
14 looks to bank at the cluster and not to your hole and no angle to get it to snuggle up.

any ball that goes near your hole and hides him is the shot. as in most cases.

if the balls were down table and runable i would be looking to make an up table game right now if i could. but no need to do that yet, when you can make a shot that can turn into a winning position in a few rounds.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
14 looks to bank at the cluster and not to your hole and no angle to get it to snuggle up.
Yes, looking at it hard(er), it does seem so. In this case the lock-up on the 4 is what's critical.
Given that a good lock on the 4 forces opponent to come up with another good safety; opening those balls up is probably the best thing the shooter could do for himself, this turn.