OnePocket.org Forums

OnePocket.org Forums (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index.php)
-   One Pocket Forum (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ghost vs. John 43 wwyd? (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15452)

Nick B 05-28-2019 05:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm making the 7 and leaving him one the side rail near the corner and behind those two balls. Now he has to deal with 2 balls down there and he can't see his only scoring ball.

unoperro 05-28-2019 09:54 AM

Nick that looks good until they answer with the 11 off the 10 which banks to their side also.
Now they have 4 balls favoring them.

Mkbtank 05-28-2019 10:20 AM

Ghost vs. John 43 wwyd?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick B (Post 258152)
I'm making the 7 and leaving him one the side rail near the corner and behind those two balls. Now he has to deal with 2 balls down there and he can't see his only scoring ball.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unoperro (Post 258156)
Nick that looks good until they answer with the 11 off the 10 which banks to their side also.

Or that 3-1 combo which sends both balls to our side (and the 3 may go)

androd 05-28-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Almanza (Post 258081)
However if one wanted to get more aggressive the seven ball could be banked two rails while dragging the cue ball behind the twelve. If you do this you have to hit the seven hard enough to get out of the area for fear of leaving a bank on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12squared (Post 258084)
Just because I want to point out something different (than the right shot), simply 2 rail the 7 and draw the cue ball back for perfect shape on the 12. Then proceed to run out.

Why do you guys make this game so difficult???? (joke - I wish I knew what you all knew).

Edit: dang it, I just now saw Frank's post - beat to the shot again. hahahaha

I was going to post the 2 rail on the 7ball yesterday, it's such a gofer shot I didn't think anyone would notice it. I'm usually laughed at for my gofer picks.
I really don't mind, I may get to play some day.

Billy Jackets 05-28-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrzbill (Post 258145)
Would kicking in the 12 qualify? Second shot would be the combo take out.:eek:

Yes, kicking in the 12 would definately get you a discount until you ever made one , then we would renegotiate.

Island Drive 05-28-2019 01:18 PM

Op

So...........What did he choose?

One Pocket Ghost 05-28-2019 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by beatle (Post 258059)
if you are going to do that send the 12 with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gulfportdoc (Post 258075)

It might be smart to shoot the 10 straight ahead, banking it off the foot rail and bumping both the 12 and 10 balls uptable. Now with the 11 freed up, he can't leave you uptable.

~Doc[/B]

As beatle and G-doc advised, John picked this solid defensive choice and he hit it well: banking the 10 into the 12, taking it away from my pocket, stunning his cueball down to the foot rail, and opening up the 13 on his side...the 12 went into a pocket on the shot and a ball was spotted, so here's how it ended up >>>

gulfportdoc 05-28-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost (Post 258173)
As beatle and G-doc advised, John picked this solid defensive choice and he hit it well: banking the 10 into the 12, taking it away from my pocket, stunning his cueball down to the foot rail, and opening up the 13 on his side...the 12 went into a pocket on the shot and a ball was spotted, so here's how it ended up >>>

Sounds like John took the good Chicago "mover" choice. You may have been hoping he'd shoot the combo bank. I bet you got 'im though, my man!

~Doc

catkins 05-28-2019 08:40 PM

I like the bank on the two especially if the 1 3 combo is good focusing on putting the 2 close or in and the cue ball on the rail behind combo

Nick B 05-28-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unoperro (Post 258156)

I don't think so. The 12 is in your way and I put the 7 on the spot. The cue ball is going to be wide open (assuming I leave you on or near side rail). Minimum I can defend myself if you don't make one (which I doubt). With all those balls possibly moving a leaker good spell trouble for you.

I never mind letting somebody take what I consider a loose shot that he can't defend the cue ball with.