OnePocket.org Forums

OnePocket.org Forums (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index.php)
-   One Pocket Forum (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ghost vs. John 43 wwyd? (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15452)

One Pocket Ghost 05-26-2019 10:18 PM

Ghost vs. John 43 wwyd?
 
1 Attachment(s)
John's shot --- John's pocket is at the top right in this pic --- the ball score is 4-3, Ghost ahead, both of us going to 8 --- John has several choices here, a few aggressive offensive shots, and a few defensive safety's.....wwyd? >>>

One Pocket Ghost 05-26-2019 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another view ----->

One Pocket Ghost 05-26-2019 10:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And another view ----->

One Pocket Ghost 05-26-2019 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last view ----->

Cory in dc 05-26-2019 10:27 PM

I am banking the 2. Then I'm banking the 12 from underneath!

beatle 05-26-2019 10:34 PM

i only see one shot here. that is hit the 11 into the 12 and bank the 12 to your hole and stick him behind the ten ball.

or depending on the angle hit the left side of the 12 and send the 11 over which ever sticks him on the ten the best.

one pocket guy 05-26-2019 11:59 PM

Believe it or not Iím shooting the 10 with top English baking it up table and cueball to end rail below 12. That is productive to open up my side.

beatle 05-27-2019 12:31 AM

if you are going to do that send the 12 with it. or when he puts another ball down there it wont be so easy to deal with it.

Mkbtank 05-27-2019 12:57 AM

Ghost vs. John 43 wwyd?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by beatle (Post 258056)
i only see one shot here. that is bank the 11 into the 12 and send the 12 to your hole and stick him behind the ten ball.

or depending on the angle hit the left side of the 12 and send the 11 over which ever sticks him on the ten the best.



I like this also but Iím shooting the 11 directly into the left side of the 12, sending the 11 over and yep.. sticking him in the 10.

lll 05-27-2019 07:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory in dc (Post 258055)
I am banking the 2. Then I'm banking the 12 from underneath!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatle (Post 258056)
i only see one shot here. that is bank the 11 into the 12 and send the 12 to your hole and stick him behind the ten ball.

or depending on the angle hit the left side of the 12 and send the 11 over which ever sticks him on the ten the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatle (Post 258059)
if you are going to do that send the 12 with it. or when he puts another ball down there it wont be so easy to deal with it.

doing something with the 11 or 10 is the shot since you are close to your work and should easy (relatively speaking) to execute
but
if you are feeling good about your banking
like cory
this is more aggressive
bank the 2 (to the short side if you miss ) and bring the cue ball 3 tails to the foot rail below the 12
Attachment 24518

Billy Jackets 05-27-2019 08:10 AM

11 off the 12 to the long rail and banks at my pocket, 12 goes up table.
I am sitting behind the 10 with a shot in case I make the 11 or as a blocker if I get close.
Pocket speed on the 11.

Island Drive 05-27-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Jackets (Post 258066)
11 off the 12 to the long rail and banks at my pocket, 12 goes up table.
I am sitting behind the 10 with a shot in case I make the 11 or as a blocker if I get close.
Pocket speed on the 11.


That's all l see....very little cue ball movement....perfect.

Kybanks 05-27-2019 09:45 AM

I like thinning the 11 and going two rails and trying to get to my opponents pocket. The 12 should block the view of the 11 and 10.

gulfportdoc 05-27-2019 11:27 AM

For those who advocate the 11-12 bank, the "sticking the CB on the 10 ball" is the good part. But a combo to either side of the 12 is very possibly a kiss, which would leave two balls by the opponent's hole. As long as the CB "sticks" on the 10, then it's safe, but the shot may not have accomplished much.

It might be smart to shoot the 10 straight ahead, banking it off the foot rail and bumping both the 12 and 10 balls uptable. Now with the 11 freed up, he can't leave you uptable.

There are several nice banks: the 2 straight back, and the 7 two-railer, but neither leave you in very good shape, and could sell out.

~Doc

Frank Almanza 05-27-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatle (Post 258056)
i only see one shot here. that is hit the 11 into the 12 and bank the 12 to your hole and stick him behind the ten ball.

or depending on the angle hit the left side of the 12 and send the 11 over which ever sticks him on the ten the best.

This looks like the best option for me. However if one wanted to get more aggressive the seven ball could be banked two rails while dragging the cue ball behind the twelve. If you do this you have to hit the seven hard enough to get out of the area for fear of leaving a bank on it.

12squared 05-27-2019 01:12 PM

Just because I want to point out something different (than the right shot), simply 2 rail the 7 and draw the cue ball back for perfect shape on the 12. Then proceed to run out.

Why do you guys make this game so difficult???? (joke - I wish I knew what you all knew).

Edit: dang it, I just now saw Frank's post - beat to the shot again. hahahaha

One Pocket Ghost 05-27-2019 06:14 PM

That 5-1 bank or kick combination is feeling lonely over there on the long rail, with no onepocket.org gofer picking him...:(....:)

Billy Jackets 05-27-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost (Post 258107)
That 5-1 bank or kick combination is feeling lonely over there on the long rail, with no onepocket.org gofer picking him...:(....:)

Thats the bad thing about playing good players , they might shoot that {what I think is a goofy shot} and make it.
My opponents can get a 20% discount on the game if they shoot that particular shot.:heh

beatle 05-27-2019 08:35 PM

the combo looks like it goes into the short rail not the pocket. and it can be a sellout shot if it doesnt go. and why shoot it as you can shoot it later maybe and right now you are the favorite in the game shooting and freezing him up.

Scrzbill 05-27-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Jackets (Post 258109)
Thats the bad thing about playing good players , they might shoot that {what I think is a goofy shot} and make it.
My opponents can get a 20% discount on the game if they shoot that particular shot.:heh

Would kicking in the 12 qualify? Second shot would be the combo take out.:eek:

Nick B 05-28-2019 05:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm making the 7 and leaving him one the side rail near the corner and behind those two balls. Now he has to deal with 2 balls down there and he can't see his only scoring ball.

unoperro 05-28-2019 09:54 AM

Nick that looks good until they answer with the 11 off the 10 which banks to their side also.
Now they have 4 balls favoring them.

Mkbtank 05-28-2019 10:20 AM

Ghost vs. John 43 wwyd?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick B (Post 258152)
I'm making the 7 and leaving him one the side rail near the corner and behind those two balls. Now he has to deal with 2 balls down there and he can't see his only scoring ball.



Quote:

Originally Posted by unoperro (Post 258156)
Nick that looks good until they answer with the 11 off the 10 which banks to their side also.

Now they have 4 balls favoring them.



Or that 3-1 combo which sends both balls to our side (and the 3 may go)

androd 05-28-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Almanza (Post 258081)
However if one wanted to get more aggressive the seven ball could be banked two rails while dragging the cue ball behind the twelve. If you do this you have to hit the seven hard enough to get out of the area for fear of leaving a bank on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12squared (Post 258084)
Just because I want to point out something different (than the right shot), simply 2 rail the 7 and draw the cue ball back for perfect shape on the 12. Then proceed to run out.

Why do you guys make this game so difficult???? (joke - I wish I knew what you all knew).

Edit: dang it, I just now saw Frank's post - beat to the shot again. hahahaha

I was going to post the 2 rail on the 7ball yesterday, it's such a gofer shot I didn't think anyone would notice it. I'm usually laughed at for my gofer picks.
I really don't mind, I may get to play some day.

Billy Jackets 05-28-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrzbill (Post 258145)
Would kicking in the 12 qualify? Second shot would be the combo take out.:eek:

Yes, kicking in the 12 would definately get you a discount until you ever made one , then we would renegotiate.

Island Drive 05-28-2019 01:18 PM

Op
 
So...........What did he choose?

One Pocket Ghost 05-28-2019 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by beatle (Post 258059)
if you are going to do that send the 12 with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gulfportdoc (Post 258075)

It might be smart to shoot the 10 straight ahead, banking it off the foot rail and bumping both the 12 and 10 balls uptable. Now with the 11 freed up, he can't leave you uptable.

~Doc[/B]


As beatle and G-doc advised, John picked this solid defensive choice and he hit it well: banking the 10 into the 12, taking it away from my pocket, stunning his cueball down to the foot rail, and opening up the 13 on his side...the 12 went into a pocket on the shot and a ball was spotted, so here's how it ended up >>>

gulfportdoc 05-28-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost (Post 258173)
As beatle and G-doc advised, John picked this solid defensive choice and he hit it well: banking the 10 into the 12, taking it away from my pocket, stunning his cueball down to the foot rail, and opening up the 13 on his side...the 12 went into a pocket on the shot and a ball was spotted, so here's how it ended up >>>

Sounds like John took the good Chicago "mover" choice. You may have been hoping he'd shoot the combo bank. I bet you got 'im though, my man!

~Doc

catkins 05-28-2019 08:40 PM

I like the bank on the two especially if the 1 3 combo is good focusing on putting the 2 close or in and the cue ball on the rail behind combo

Nick B 05-28-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unoperro (Post 258156)
Nick that looks good until they answer with the 11 off the 10 which banks to their side also.
Now they have 4 balls favoring them.

I don't think so. The 12 is in your way and I put the 7 on the spot. The cue ball is going to be wide open (assuming I leave you on or near side rail). Minimum I can defend myself if you don't make one (which I doubt). With all those balls possibly moving a leaker good spell trouble for you.

I never mind letting somebody take what I consider a loose shot that he can't defend the cue ball with.

catkins 05-28-2019 10:41 PM

actualy looking at this again it really looks good to shoot the 11 off the top of the 12 and freeze the cue on the 10

Nick B 05-28-2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catkins (Post 258219)
actualy looking at this again it really looks good to shoot the 11 off the top of the 12 and freeze the cue on the 10

My thinking was that if you hit it good and don't completly freeze up on 10 the 11 & 12 double kiss going by each other and leave one on to start from.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.