OnePocket.org Forums

OnePocket.org Forums (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index.php)
-   Bank Pool Forum (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Top 10 bank pool players in the U.S.? (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7037)

backplaying 08-16-2012 11:36 PM

Top 10 bank pool players in the U.S.?
 
Who are the top 10 bank pool players for the cash in the U.S.? I know John is number 1, but was out of pool for almost 20 years and have no Idea about the young players. I have also noticed more players will play banks now.

Cowboy Dennis 08-17-2012 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backplaying (Post 98975)
Who are the top 10 bank pool players for the cash in the U.S.? I know John is number 1, but was out of pool for almost 20 years and have no Idea about the young players. I have also noticed more players will play banks now.

Who are the top 10 for their own cash or for someone elses cash?

backplaying 08-17-2012 04:49 AM

I guess both since I'm one of a few who actually bets his own money.

backplaying 08-18-2012 07:53 AM

Come on John B. I know your the one to answer this!

SJDinPHX 08-18-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backplaying (Post 98975)
Who are the top 10 bank pool players for the cash in the U.S.? I know John is number 1, but was out of pool for almost 20 years and have no Idea about the young players. I have also noticed more players will play banks now.

Correction BP...Since I have started playing Bank Pool now, Broombreaker has dropped to #2..:sorry....You are right about one thing though,... the Beard has been pushed off the charts, by all us young guy's. (he's like #397,or so now) :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

SuperBanker Duck <--Bought Johns new DVD, and was playing better than him in 2 weeks...It helps to have a great, young mind..:D

John Brumback 08-18-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backplaying (Post 99039)
Come on John B. I know your the one to answer this!

I have no clue cause nobody plays full rack and to me,that's the only bank game that counts.It would supprise you to hear my thoughts on this.I can't name 5 top bank players cause I don't think there is.If I do out them it will be by initials only.I'll try to think and come back later.Take care bud.John B.

ps: does it matter to you who's $ they are bettin:eek::lol It don't to me.
pps; some of the biggest high rollers on earth...get staked;) The one's that don't are usually the suckers.If you don't know who the sucker is...It's you;)
Let's stay on topic though from here:cool:

tylerdurden 08-18-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Brumback (Post 99046)

ps: does it matter to you who's $ they are bettin:eek::lol It don't to me.

You say some of the damn smartest things I hear on this forum consistently. I get so sick of it when people complain, usually after losing, that a guy dont bet his own. There is no action in pool, and a guy can come in and start a bunch of stuff up, then you gotta hear this... he dont play on his own stuff. Gag. Thank you once again for bringing logic into the game of pool :)

John Brumback 08-18-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerdurden (Post 99057)
You say some of the damn smartest things I hear on this forum consistently. I get so sick of it when people complain, usually after losing, that a guy dont bet his own. There is no action in pool, and a guy can come in and start a bunch of stuff up, then you gotta hear this... he dont play on his own stuff. Gag. Thank you once again for bringing logic into the game of pool :)

TD,your going to give me the big head if you keep sayin them good things..But thanks:lol Yes you better take the action when you get a chance
instead of just standing around mouthing about how they can't and don't and won't bet their own cash,and blah blah.If it weren't for backers in pool there would be no gambling at all hardly.I'm not for sure how I would do bettin my own.I aint never bet much of mine own.Always liked having a good backer with lots of $ and the ones that give me like 60 to 70 %:eek::lol John B.

Cowboy Dennis 08-18-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Brumback (Post 99046)
ps: does it matter to you who's $ they are bettin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowboy Dennis (Post 98984)
Who are the top 10 for their own cash or for someone elses cash?

Quote:

Originally Posted by backplaying (Post 98986)
I guess both since I'm one of a few who actually bets his own money.

I believe the man answered this question for you already.


As to your other point, I guess we can just assume.

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Brumback
I'm not for sure how I would do bettin my own.

Just think John, soon they may have a Bank Forum on the All-Zaniness site and you'll have hundreds if not thousands of people patting you on the back & telling you how witty you are for repeating things that are said in poolrooms everyday. Of course, you still won't be sure how you'd do bettin' your own.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Artie Bodendorfer
Thanks a lot He was one of the best men you could gamble with. He was all heart and he might have been number one in betting it all. I dont no anyone else that would do that like he did. And I hope someone brings that up at the hall of fame dinner. That he would bet it all. Money to Jimmy was just something to make the game more interesting. And you can Quoite me on this. Betting your own is like NIGHT and DAY. And if you are one of the top players in the world. Why would you be scared to bet your own money. Thier is only one answer the are scared to loose thier own money. And I am talking about when the had thier own money. The wouldnt bet it and I am telling it like it is its because the are afraid to loose thier own money. And I hope I her some one that wants to tell me the dont have no money. THat makes sense but the wouldnt bet thier own after the made a score. The onlt thing that would make any sense that the werte doing it too trap the backer. Put to be a champion and to be afraid to bet your own money is not a champion. What class would you put them in. Emagine someone not wanting to bet on themselves with all that ability. And the even want backers for the tournament. I would not call them a coward but I sure wouldnt say thier brave.But you can tell Jimmy if he spots me a ball and the breack I will still take a chance and play. And he knowes I havant played for a long long time. Because last time I seen him was one off the few times I left my house. And that was at the Hilton pool Convention. And I miss all those good times playing him. And we could play for 3 days and nobody said one word. It was like playing mum pool. I wish him all the best. And he realy deservies to be thier. Because nobody was better action then Jimmy Spiers.

Maybe while you're having so much fun putting down players who bet their own you'd like to put down AB too?


Cowboy "knows how he does betting his own" Dennis

John Brumback 08-18-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowboy Dennis (Post 99062)
I believe the man answered this question for you already.


As to your other point, I guess we can just assume.



Just think John, soon they may have a Bank Forum on the All-Zaniness site and you'll have hundreds if not thousands of people patting you on the back & telling you how witty you are for repeating things that are said in poolrooms everyday. Of course, you still won't be sure how you'd do bettin' your own.





Maybe while you're having so much fun putting down players who bet their own you'd like to put down AB too?


Cowboy "knows how he does betting his own" Dennis

Ooohhh touchy today aren't we. Where and how do you read into that,that I ever put anyone down.I really don't understand that one,buddy.But WHATEVER.I think you need a little pat on the back today.:lol John B.

PS,I didn't put you down or anybody else:)

pps: Me and Back Playing are good friends too;)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.