Is there a rule or does shot speak for its self ?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
opponent skimmed CB off stack, CB rolled deep into the pocket on a diamond table. I said "No rail", he said look at it, if the rail was there I would've hit it.
He was right but I think he was wrong. I said fuggetaboutit ! no foul.
What say you rules guys.
P.S. Not important but 1st time I've seen this. ( I just began playing on Diamond tables)

unoperro

Verified Member
opponent skimmed CB off stack, CB rolled deep into the pocket on a diamond table. I said "No rail", he said look at it, if the rail was there I would've hit it.
What say you rules guys.
P.S. Not important but 1st time I've seen this. ( I just began playing on Diamond tables)

If the rail was there you would be playing caroms;)

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
if the rail was there I would've hit it.
Wow. Can't believe that move.
If i happened to scratch in a pocket later i'd take the cue ball out and sit it where the rail 'would have been'. Cause if there was a rail there, hell, i woulda hit it!

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
What say you rules guys.
It makes some sense, but it would only start more arguments (and endless "measuring") with all the shots that aren't so obvious.

The "rail" in a pocket opening is the pocket itself - you "hit" it when the ball drops.

Foul.

pj
chgo

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
What if it was an object ball?

pj
chgo

Patrick, if either the cue ball or an object ball goes into the pocket and jumps out without contacting a rail, it is still considered a legal shot and is considered the same as contacting a rail.

A cue ball jumping out of the pocket due to the pocket in and of itself is not considered a scratch and play resumes where the cue ball lies. Whitey