Midwest Billiards & Cues Expo 2018 June 27th-July 1st

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Pro One Pocket event is on 27th-29th

$5,000 True Added Money , No green fees and $1,000 entry...Races to 4

Only 3 spots remain open!!

Who do guys think should get final spots ? Tony Chohan, J Hall, Danny Smith ?

34049746_2099337223429691_1840659048458878976_o.jpg

33944130_2099337880096292_4130407784422309888_o.jpg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Big Dog One Pocket Championship

Big Dog One Pocket Championship

Nothing to talk about here.
I think maybe the title of the thread didn't do the One Pocket tournament aspect of the event justice, for this forum. I know I personally did not click until I saw your User Name -- I thought it was a promo for a billiards/cues trade show :D:D

keoneyo

Verified Member
After the last debacle with all the disconnections and buffering Im hesitant.
Werent those of us that subscribed supposed to get some replays.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
The Professional One Pocket event will kick this year's Midwest Expo off on Wednesday, June 27th! Player auction begins at 7pm!! Play starts immediately after auction. Entry fee $1000, with $5000 guaranteed added, race to 4, alternate break!! Field is full!!

Don't miss out on a chance to see Efren compete against the worlds best One Pocket players.

Efren 2018.jpg

t-dog

Verified Member
I will be around all week. Let me know whos coming and we can meet up. We also have a place called Anytime Billiards that has 5 9 footers about 20 minutes away. This place is open 24x7 and you can bring in beer and wine. It works like Anytime fitness where the members have access cards. I have a membership there and would be happy to show anyone around.

davAmundo

Verified Member
T-Dog is STILL in the house...

T-Dog is STILL in the house...

Hey buddy, you going to try to get one of the VIP chairs?

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
I've gotta say: I might spend money for this livestream if I had any confidence that poolactiontv was going to produce a quality stream. I spent money for the last event at Buffalos and most of it was unwatchable due to server/camera/wifi issues that they couldn't fix. Promises of replays and access to matches have been made, but there has been no follow through. Bewildering. I guess they aren't trying to build a loyal audience. I won't pay another cent until they take responsibility for what happened in New Orleans.

Not holding my breath.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I've gotta say: I might spend money for this livestream if I had any confidence that poolactiontv was going to produce a quality stream. I spent money for the last event at Buffalos and most of it was unwatchable due to server/camera/wifi issues that they couldn't fix. Promises of replays and access to matches have been made, but there has been no follow through. Bewildering. I guess they aren't trying to build a loyal audience. I won't pay another cent until they take responsibility for what happened in New Orleans.

Not holding my breath.

Ray has definitely worked very hard to build audience and constantly improve his streams and commentating. I have confidence he will do what he said.

Bigtruck

Verified Member
After the last debacle with all the disconnections and buffering Im hesitant.
Werent those of us that subscribed supposed to get some replays.

No worries, just send us your user name for a refund. Anytime. It's really not a problem.

The internet at Buffalo's was atrocious and our backup hotspot failed. Once we purchased a new hotspot on Saturday it never hiccupped again.

All pass purchasers will get access to watch the replay. We will post the date here when we get it scheduled. There will still be a few missing shots that were lost when we were troubleshooting.

When considering whether you would like to continue supporting poolactiontv, I suggest focusing on all the perfectly delivered streams when there were no issues for us to deal with, which is the vast majority of our shows.

Funding from viewers like you help events like this to happen. PoolActionTV and our sponsors added several thousand to the Buffalos event and hired the tournament director and commentators. We are also adding a considerable amount to this event.

Internet broadcasting can be a real test of patience at times. Thank you for trying and we hope you will continues to support our efforts.

Ray Hansen

Bigtruck

Verified Member

Not holding my breath.

People who follow us know we do produce a quality stream. We are only as good as our weakest link, though. Sorry that you are unhappy with your purchase. Send us your user name for a refund please.

Ray

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Ray,

Thanks for offering the refund. I haven't asked for one because I paid the money to see the stream, and have understood that you would be making the matches available, so a refund didn't seem necessary. I wrote what I wrote here because we are three weeks down the road and the matches haven't been made available, and you haven't made it clear WHEN the matches will be available, so it just didn't seem like there was a committed plan to get this done anytime soon. I really do understand and appreciate how much work is required to provide this service, and I'm willing to spend money to support your work, but a little more customer communications delivering a clear message with reasonably prompt follow through would have gone a long way towards resolving the rankled feelings about this. Rather than getting my money back, I'd be more than satisfied with a clear promise as to when the matches will be made available again.

FWIW, since the only value of the stream is to be able to see the matches as they happen in real time, I would think and hope that you'd make these matches available to those who paid for them in a way that doesn't require viewing them during a streamed broadcast when it may not be possible to watch them at the specified time.

As to the technical problems, the Sunday stream was still imperfect. My experience was that the audio was fine, but the video would lag at times, and was never seamless...at all times it just didn't flow but instead had some kind of slow down/speed up delivery. Is it possible that the server you are using, or the software, is not capable of processing the feed adequately?

Thanks.

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Ray,

Thanks for offering the refund. I haven't asked for one because I paid the money to see the stream, and have understood that you would be making the matches available, so a refund didn't seem necessary. I wrote what I wrote here because we are three weeks down the road and the matches haven't been made available, and you haven't made it clear WHEN the matches will be available, so it just didn't seem like there was a committed plan to get this done anytime soon. I really do understand and appreciate how much work is required to provide this service, and I'm willing to spend money to support your work, but a little more customer communications delivering a clear message with reasonably prompt follow through would have gone a long way towards resolving the rankled feelings about this. Rather than getting my money back, I'd be more than satisfied with a clear promise as to when the matches will be made available again.

FWIW, since the only value of the stream is to be able to see the matches as they happen in real time, I would think and hope that you'd make these matches available to those who paid for them in a way that doesn't require viewing them during a streamed broadcast when it may not be possible to watch them at the specified time.

As to the technical problems, the Sunday stream was still imperfect. My experience was that the audio was fine, but the video would lag at times, and was never seamless...at all times it just didn't flow but instead had some kind of slow down/speed up delivery. Is it possible that the server you are using, or the software, is not capable of processing the feed adequately?

Thanks.

We deliver 25-30 streams per year and have few issues. When we do, they are almost always internet issues.

We haven't bought new hotspots in 3 years. When the backup plan fails it gets doubly tough. We went into action, purchased a new hotspot, got it connected and up by 2nd match on Saturday.

I have most of the videos from Buffalos ready. I am working on a few issues on a couple of them AND we will have a couple of never before seen matches also. I recorded a few matches from another table at the event.

This will be shown in July sometime after Big Dog Billiards. We w ill try our best to co-ordinate with other one pocket shows.

Ray

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
guys
i understand your frustration and reluctance to purchase further streams from ray
but
fwiw
i have been a premium member for years and really
most streams dont have problems based on the streams i have watched
i would encourage you all to reconsider giving ray a second chance
there arent many professional streamers to give us the matches we want
lets hope streaming doesnt die
jmho
icbw
fwiw again
i am not employed by ray....:D

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Only a week away now guys!!

One of the best Pro One Pocket events of the year :)

Efren Reyes, Shane Van Boening, Dennis Orcollo, Alex Pagulayan and a complete full field of All Stars will be playing.

funphotobox1181722315lvcwsx.jpg

website-logo.png

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
We deliver 25-30 streams per year and have few issues. When we do, they are almost always internet issues.

We haven't bought new hotspots in 3 years. When the backup plan fails it gets doubly tough. We went into action, purchased a new hotspot, got it connected and up by 2nd match on Saturday.

I have most of the videos from Buffalos ready. I am working on a few issues on a couple of them AND we will have a couple of never before seen matches also. I recorded a few matches from another table at the event.

This will be shown in July sometime after Big Dog Billiards. We w ill try our best to co-ordinate with other one pocket shows.

Ray

I will be buying the package. I of course support you wholeheartedly and understand the painstaking task of running a stream. Good Luck and hope it comes out well. It would be great if you can rerun some matches when you have open air time. We cant all be in front of a screen live. Thanks for your work.