Who should we sponsor for the Derby??

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Well fellas... the Derby is quickly approaching so why not start to think about who we should send as this years’ Onepocket.org Sponsored Player!

Having been lucky enough to be our horse last year, I can tell you it was a highlight of my Pool playing career for sure and something I will always be grateful for.

So.. who should it be???

I’m not sure of my opinion but a few names that come to mind who we haven’t sent (unless I’m mistaken) are:

Jeff Sparks - Former champion and regular contributor. Organizer of some wonderful 1p.org events! Also a noted gentleman.

Col Bille - Long time contributer and has more love for one pocket than any 5 guys!! Possibly the nicest guy on the site (other than Miller or course heh)

Peter (onerock) - newer regular member who has added a ton of good insight and posts in the past year IMO. He is also a regular at the Derby and is an excellent player.

Wayne - longtimer who is a great shooter and always seems to keep his cool. An excellent choice from the left coast.

Finally, CincyKid. Has donated many many hours for us on the site infrastructure itself, and is super passionate about onepocket.org as well as the game itself.

Please feel free to add any other possibilities or shoot down any of these names. Frankly I don’t know if these guys are even attending, just getting the discussion started!!

Thoughts???

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
all great suggestions mitch
but i give cincy the nod this year for all he has done and is doing to help make onepocket,org "new and improved"...:)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words and for bringing me up in the first place Mitch! I was/am happy to help out with the website and whatever I can do to help Steve and the rest of the memebrship promote this great game!

I for sure plan on going to the derby and hope to never miss another. That being said, like last year I feel bad to take the place of someone else who may have a tougher time attending if not for the sponsorship.

Please don't get me wrong, I would be happy and honored to represent onepocket.org the best that I can if selected for any event, any year but I am also happy to support any of the names on this list or those who have not been mentioned yet that are due!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Cincy's name is the first that popped into my head. Lots of good suggestions already and I'd be happy to back any of them.

I'd put in a special "also extra-worthy" for Mr. Sparks., and if you're looking for primo 1P knowledge and skills, Wayne, Frank, Jerry and John of the second-best coast are naturals (and have more expense to attend.)

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I will support any of these folks, all good options. But I think a special "thanks" to Cincy may be the right thing this year.

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
To Cincy! Hear hear!

Also the guys in the journal section have really put in a lot of work and added something special to the site.
LSjohn, Vapros, mr sparks, androd, and others.

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Nobody has contributed more time to this website than Chris here lately. He has my support and anybody would be a step up from the numb scull we supported last year :p

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Who should we sponsor for the Derby??

Nobody has contributed more time to this website than Chris here lately. He has my support and anybody would be a step up from the numb scull we supported last year :p

With friends like you....

I did ok. For me :).

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words and for bringing me up in the first place Mitch! I was/am happy to help out with the website and whatever I can do to help Steve and the rest of the memebrship promote this great game!

I for sure plan on going to the derby and hope to never miss another. That being said, like last year I feel bad to take the place of someone else who may have a tougher time attending if not for the sponsorship.

Please don't get me wrong, I would be happy and honored to represent onepocket.org the best that I can if selected for any event, any year but I am also happy to support any of the names on this list or those who have not been mentioned yet that are due!
Nice try but I'm sorry your humility and generosity are not going to get you off the hook here -- you stay on the candidate list, as you positively deserve to be. The boss has spoken lol.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
chris has done a lot for steve with the site, great guy, and plays pretty good as well. he is beyond deserving.

maybe we can cover somebody for banks as well. icbw, but think ace is the last member that we put in. col bille would be a great fit.

i don't know how the finances work out and what has been historically covered, but we can certainly collectively pitch in to cover entries for banks, one pocket, two or three 1p.org shirts for both entrants, and also have something put aside to help out with the HOF dinner/event costs.

:)

chicagomike

Verified Member
Cincy has my vote...but I will be keeping an eye on all of you as you grind out your matches. One of the things I enjoy most about Derby is watching and supporting our members in their matches.