frank the barber almanza vs smabajon live now

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thank you -- I enjoyed that.

But Frank, what were you trying to do with that last shot, with one ball on the table, kind of like this?

Attachments

• 2017-11-04 22_08_12-Greenshot.jpg
    2017-11-04 22_08_12-Greenshot.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 0

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I thought he should have kicked it to his hole. Looked pretty free. Maybe thats what he was trying to do and hit ball first by mistake.

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Howdy All;

I was watching the live stream last night and being new to 1P I saw something that
struck me as unusual.

Final Match, Game 3, (Santos v. Fach), Frank was helping with the commentary and
doing a great job with insight and theory, anyway, I think I heard the term "5 ball
rule" mentioned as one of the players picked up a ball from the playing surface and
spotted it. This occurred several times including once when Frank mentioned that the ball
that was spotted was convenient due to where it was picked up from.

First time I've seen something like that. Is it a 'Local thing' or ... :confused:

Thanks for any insight that you can give me.

hank

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
Howdy All;

I was watching the live stream last night and being new to 1P I saw something that
struck me as unusual.

Final Match, Game 3, (Santos v. Fach), Frank was helping with the commentary and
doing a great job with insight and theory, anyway, I think I heard the term "5 ball
rule" mentioned as one of the players picked up a ball from the playing surface and
spotted it. This occurred several times including once when Frank mentioned that the ball
that was spotted was convenient due to where it was picked up from.

First time I've seen something like that. Is it a 'Local thing' or ... :confused:

Thanks for any insight that you can give me.

hank
It's a not-uncommon time-saving rule in some 1P tournaments: whenever there are 5 or more balls in the kitchen, the one closest to the head string gets spotted. I've also heard of 4 or more balls.

pj
chgo

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Patrick Johnson, Howdy;

It's a not-uncommon time-saving rule in some 1P tournaments: whenever there are 5 or more balls in the kitchen, the one closest to the head string gets spotted. I've also heard of 4 or more balls.

pj
chgo

Thanks for the enlightenment, reckon it helps keep the games in a tighter time frame.
I can see it for tourneys but not for "Real Life 'as it cuts the up table game down
considerably. Good for those in a hurry ...

Thanks again.

hank

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Thank you -- I enjoyed that.

But Frank, what were you trying to do with that last shot, with one ball on the table, kind of like this?

Actually I was shooting for my hole with that shot. It's a shot that I normally hit pretty well. Maybe make it or hang it one out of ten. get it close to my hole with no return bank like maybe six times out of ten, and butcher it a couple of times out of ten but even when hit badly there will be a lot distance for him and there was but he made it even with the cue ball very close to the short rail. The object ball was too close to the rail for a kick or I definitely would have kicked at it.

A couple of guys that I play a lot with told me afterwards that they knew that I would shoot at that bank knowing that I usually hit that particular shot pretty well. In hindsight maybe I should have waited a bit more but when you're tired sometimes you don't make the best decisions, especially with all of the inside English I was using on the cue ball.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Actually I was shooting for my hole with that shot. It's a shot that I normally hit pretty well. Maybe make it or hang it one out of ten. get it close to my hole with no return bank like maybe six times out of ten, and butcher it a couple of times out of ten but even when hit badly there will be a lot distance for him and there was but he made it even with the cue ball very close to the short rail. The object ball was too close to the rail for a kick or I definitely would have kicked at it.

A couple of guys that I play a lot with told me afterwards that they knew that I would shoot at that bank knowing that I usually hit that particular shot pretty well. In hindsight maybe I should have waited a bit more but when you're tired sometimes you don't make the best decisions, especially with all of the inside English I was using on the cue ball.

I would have played the same shot