OnePocket.org Forums

OnePocket.org Forums (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index.php)
-   One Pocket Forum (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Solo Practice vs competition (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15436)

Gettherack 05-19-2019 02:57 PM

Solo Practice vs competition
 
What percentage of your time do you feel should be devoted to personal practice vs. completing with others?

I feel I need to practice about 4 to 1 on the side of private practice.
Your thoughts?

Gettherack

Bmoretallpaul 05-19-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gettherack (Post 257641)
What percentage of your time do you feel should be devoted to personal practice vs. completing with others?

I feel I need to practice about 4 to 1 on the side of private practice.
Your thoughts?

Gettherack

I like to practice at least an hour before I decide to play someone competitive. If I'm just practicing then it depends on what I'm working on that day and the amount of outside interference I have to deal with. Seems like everyone wants to talk while you practice.

Mkbtank 05-19-2019 06:14 PM

Solo Practice vs competition
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmoretallpaul (Post 257648)
I like to practice at least an hour before I decide to play someone competitive. If I'm just practicing then it depends on what I'm working on that day and the amount of outside interference I have to deal with. Seems like everyone wants to talk while you practice.



The only time I practice is when I canít get a game. Which is almost never lol. (They line up to play me ugh). That said- Tall Paul we can play some when youíre here in Philly if you like. I love to test myself against a fellow 1p.org brother. (Unless Bill has me locked up).

Bmoretallpaul 05-19-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mkbtank (Post 257650)
The only time I practice is when I canít get a game. Which is almost never lol. (They line up to play me ugh). That said- Tall Paul we can play some when youíre here in Philly if you like. I love to test myself against a fellow 1p.org brother. (Unless Bill has me locked up).

Sounds like someone throwing out some bait. I got the word on you sir.....

Mkbtank 05-19-2019 07:29 PM

Solo Practice vs competition
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmoretallpaul (Post 257652)
Sounds like someone throwing out some bait. I got the word on you sir.....



😂😂😂. Donít believe everything you hear!! Lol. Donít worry. Once you see me shoot you will be know and will beg me to play 😂

androd 05-19-2019 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gettherack (Post 257641)
What percentage of your time do you feel should be devoted to personal practice vs. completing with others?

I feel I need to practice about 4 to 1 on the side of private practice.
Your thoughts?

Gettherack

Practice is the last resort ! Then I work on whats been giving me trouble for about 4 minutes, Then I just start banging balls. :)

Mkbtank 05-19-2019 08:54 PM

Solo Practice vs competition
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by androd (Post 257654)
Practice is the last resort ! Then I work on whats been giving me trouble for about 4 minutes, Then I just start banging balls. :)



Hahah. Exactly!!!!! 😂😂👍👍

cincy_kid 05-20-2019 12:13 PM

I never practice, lol, maybe that's my problem? :)

I get too bored with no one firing back at me.

Hardmix 05-20-2019 02:25 PM

If I am not playing a tournament or a match I will carve out time to practice every day. Some sessions are relatively short, 30 min or so and others will last hours. IMO to get the most out of your game you need to practice.

1 HOLE NUT 05-20-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardmix (Post 257686)
If I am not playing a tournament or a match I will carve out time to practice every day. Some sessions are relatively short, 30 min or so and others will last hours. IMO to get the most out of your game you need to practice.

It is hard to argue with someone that does so well in both tournaments, and gambling, but i have never had the mental make up to really practice the right way, so my only other way i believe is putting that pressure of losing your dough to make you, focus on what you have to do to get better. I'm always broke so i must be getting better right??


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.