Most of our pool photo galleries are now open again

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
We just re-opened most of our pool photo galleries on Smugmug. The link to the galleries is: http://billporter.smugmug.com . We are now able to allow more traffic on the site each month by upgrading our Smugmug account. This means that I will have to postpone my psychosurgery for a few months, but that seemed a small price to pay. The print option is turned on for all galleries that have images large enough to make decent 4 by 6 inch prints. A few of the gallery images are quite small .jpg files and would, at most, be suitable for a wallet-sized print. Over the next few weeks we will be replacing some of these small files with larger versions that will make for much better prints. BTW, I can recommend Smugmug’s printing services. If you are interested in larger prints for any of these images, please contact me via a PM or regular email.

We have turned off the “external link” option, not because we are mean, old men, but because it can drastically increase the measured traffic on the website if people put links to these images in forums or other widely accessed venues like eBay.

We won’t be opening our Red’s gallery until June 1 as we are still putting the finishing touches on these images. We are adding about 30 images to our Las Vegas 1980 9-Ball Open gallery in a few days, and that gallery will remain passworded until these new images have been uploaded.

Mike Haines and I really appreciate the interest you have shown in these old pool pics. Please take a tour through the galleries the next time you have a chance.

Finally, please leave comments on the photographs! We haven’t yet been able to identify all of the people in these photographs and count on you to help us with these identifications. So if you know someone in one of the images, or just have something witty or profound to say about the picture, please use the “comments” option.