Poker rivals who literally hated each other...

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
A friend called me the other day from Vegas to relate a hand which took place at the poker table he was playing at... This isn't fiction, it's real and it just happened the other day in a live game...

There are two guys in this particular game who hate each other... They have been bitter rivals over years of playing against each other and each would rather pour gasoline on themselves and set themselves on fire before losing a nickel to the other guy...

The setting is Bellagio's poker room and the game is Omaha High pot limit..
Blinds are $50.00 & $100.00 with the $200.00 straddle on about 90% of the time.. Stacks are from $20,000.00 to $100,000.00 and the game is playing fast and high, with big pots almost every hand...

The two guys who hate each other get involved in a big pot... When the river card falls ( last card ) it's obvious to everyone that the guy on the draw made his hand.. He shoves All-in, and the other guy who has $5305.00 left gives the guy a little speech about what a lucky so and so he was to catch that card and that he was sure he had drawn out on him...

As he was finishing up his little speech, the cocktail waitress taps him on the shoulder and said here's your drink sir... Well the guy says to the cocktail waitress, hold on honey, I'll be right with you... Then he says to the guy, I know you got me, but I wanna see it, so then he tips the cocktail waitress $5300.00 and calls $5.00...

The table broke down in a belly laugh that lasted 5 minutes while the guy who drew out protested and called for the floorman...He ruled that the size of the tip has always been completely up to the customer... It was allowed...