OnePocket.org Forums

OnePocket.org Forums (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index.php)
-   One Pocket Forum (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Memphis Fri. night Open $200 added 9 Ball banks tournament details (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14756)

crabbcatjohn 09-15-2018 06:58 PM

Memphis Fri. night Open $200 added 9 Ball banks tournament details

Ok, talked to Bill Rowsey and we got the bank tournament scheduled for Friday night. 1 day iron man tournament
7:00 Friday night $200 added Open 9 ball banks tournament.
32 player max.
$50 entry 40.00 tournament - 10.00 greens fees
Details: 9 ball banks DCC rules.
Auction starts at 7:00 sharp, play to start ASAP after auction.
Format:
Under 16 players: double elimination race to 3/2 finals to be 1 race to 3
16+ players single elimination race to 3
Payouts/places paid will be determined on amount of entries.

Big thanks to Mr. Rowsey for for supporting this tournament! I'll post some pictures later of the feature table remodel Bill has done. He really thought a lot about it and incorporated some cool ideas!

Miller 09-15-2018 07:32 PM

action thursday/friday.....bank pool tourney friday evening.....1p.org tourney saturday/sunday.....more action in between.....

i'm absolutely giddy :D

crabbcatjohn 09-16-2018 01:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a few of the feature/gambling table. Bill turned the table sideways and built a long bar down one side then added tinted glass to the small barnext to the bottom rail so rail birds there won't interrupt the players. So he made a Pit area. The tinted glass is a great feature!

crabbcatjohn 09-16-2018 02:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the new bar

lll 09-16-2018 06:08 AM

real nice design
great for the players and the people at the bar

chicagomike 09-16-2018 11:09 AM

Love it!!! Thanks Bill and all the guys who are coordinating this event!!! Iíve got a few days to learn how to bank. Does spin affect bank shots? Iím messing around with the concept. Allís done but the playiní!!!

crabbcatjohn 09-16-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagomike (Post 243880)
Love it!!! Thanks Bill and all the guys who are coordinating this event!!! Iíve got a few days to learn how to bank. Does spin affect bank shots? Iím messing around with the concept. Allís done but the playiní!!!

To be perfectly honest... No it doesn't. Closing one eye is the best method for a beginner learning how to bank. I usually close both eyes right before contact, that's a more advanced method i personally use. Also keeps that pesky chalk dust out of your eyes. Hope this helps.

southavenrecreationcenter 09-16-2018 12:57 PM

Bank Tournament Friday Sept 21

7 locals one hour after announcement! Let's get her done! Remember, this is One Pocket.org's week. John will be directing all events, so give a clap for him.

mhilton777 09-16-2018 01:29 PM

Memphis Fri. night Open $200 added 9 Ball banks tournament details

This is great. I am in!!!

crabbcatjohn 09-16-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southavenrecreationcenter (Post 243894)
7 locals one hour after announcement! Let's get her done! Remember, this is One Pocket.org's week. John will be directing all events, so give a clap for him.

Damn Bill.... Thanks.... but... We also have our friends helping out... Miller, John and Jeannie, Matt, Chuck, YOU and Steve for letting us use the .org name. And of course there are all the players who are going out of their way to hang out with us. I can't think of a nicer group of folks to spend three or four days shooting pool with.