One-Pocket Tournament At Stix Billiards!

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
Daniel...thanks for the good news headsup re the tournament and the streaming.

Are you playing too?

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Am Playing?

Am Playing?

I'm not quite sure that I will play this event.

It's not always that easy to play and stream at the same time.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'm not quite sure that I will play this event.

It's not always that easy to play and stream at the same time.

I know what you mean, Daniel. I've tried to TD and also play, at tournaments I've run, and it doesn't work too well with me. Some guys can do it comfortably, e.g. Grady, Tommy Kennedy; but it's too distracting for me.

Streaming takes a lot of attention to the cameras, angles, band width, commentators, etc., so it's difficult to do all that and to play also. On the other hand, if you have someone who could fill in for you during your matches, it might allow you to concentrate enough to play in the event.

Good luck~

Doc

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I am expecting a full bracket!

Should be a lot of fun and we are going to see some great matches.

If I can break away from commentary, I shall work on getting some closer shots with the second camera angle!

Live Stream around 11:30AM PST
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/povpool

Good luck, and thanks for the stream Daniel..I shall be looking forward to watching !..I would not be surprised to see a Frank (d'barber) and 1P Rich finale. ;) I like Rich, but I gotta pull for Frank, as he is in my age group..(AKA Super Duper Seniors)...I know 'Hi-Rollin' Henderson will be missed ! (as will his SS checks) ;) :p

SJD

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Good luck, and thanks for the stream Daniel..I shall be looking forward to watching !..I would not be surprised to see a Frank (d'barber) and 1P Rich finale. ;) I like Rich, but I gotta pull for Frank, as he is in my age group..(AKA Super Duper Seniors)...I know 'Hi-Rollin' Henderson will be missed ! (as will his SS checks) ;) :p

SJD

Well it didn't happen for me. I was playing good until they put me on the TV table. Seems like I lose focus when that happens. Either that or maybe because I forgot to eat something to keep my energy up. I'm good at doing that. My wife stopped by and reminded me to eat something but I completely forgot as soon as she left. Oh Well.
John Schmidt was playing good and decided to forfeit out of the tournament. Why I don't know. I'll try to find out the skinny on that and try to report on that later. I going back today and will probably get on the mic with Daniel of POV. Good thing is I'm only 5 minutes from there.
One pocket Rich didn't play. Wayne said that Rich developed a hitch in his stroke and couldn't play.
And yes gulfportdoc, JS is living back in Victorville Ca.

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Free Stream All Day!
We are down to the final 6 players streaming today, starting at 12pm PST
Actually, it's final 5 because John Schmidt had to forfeit

Hot Seat
Santos
John Schmidt - Forfeit

One-Loss Side
Filipino Ricky
Nick Spano
Danny Petralba
Bob Ohashi

Live stream begins at 12PM PST
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/povpool

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
One-Pocket Tournament At Stix Billiards!

Wondering who won it... Schmidt may have had plans with a current buxom beauty. Seems like he's usually got himself a hot tomato!:cool:

Doc

Yeah first time I saw him play there was a girl in tow. That was like 15 years ago and he looked like a college preppy.