Bucket list

Ross Keith Thompson

Verified Member
From
madisonville, texas
Finally went on my Antelope hunt in Wyoming, a month after I said I was going.

Seriously busted my index finger on my bridge hand, hit it so hard with a framing hammer I blew meat out of it, LOL.

Now a month later and finger starting to look somewhat normal again, off to the high country I went on a self guided bucket list trophy hunt. LOL

My first morning, which was Saturday, 10/22, after a 1400 mile drive to Cody, I took my first ever and probably last antelope in my first 2 hours of my hunt.

I was actually just glassing and studying my hunt area and stumbled onto a good herd of 25 or so animals.

I was looking for just an average one to put on my wall and felt really good about the one I got, had eleven inch horns and pretty heavy.

Really was a beautiful animal and bigger than I thought he would be, must have weighed close to 150 lbs.

Took it to my first cousin just across the Montana state line and processed it for her.

Hadn't seen her in about 20 plus years, she worships me! Now I think about it, she's the only one that does, LMAO.

She is 4ft. 8 inches tall, white headed like me, 76 years old and a sweetie pie.

Anywho, I'm back in Madisonville Texas, arrived back here Monday just after noon with my trophy.

Have a moose hunt and sheep hunt coming up in the next few years, have fifteen preference points apiece, will get a tag soon in Wyoming.

Great place to hunt and visit or whatever, must be God's country. It's beautiful up there.

I know this post wasn't about pool room lore but you have to take the bad with the good right, LMAO!