alex scott 39

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I might try to bank the 11 to my hole driving the cue ball to the side rail past the 9 w/reverse spin to get the cue ball to the center of the table but on Alex's side.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
There are several shots available off the 11, but I'd prefer to leave it in scoring position in my quadrant. I'd likely draw medium speed off the left of the 5, pulling the CB to center table, and opening up the 9-5 cluster. That takes away any return bank.

~Doc

baby huey

Verified Member
I like Whitey's shot selection. Very conservative but effective if accomplished.

El Chapo

Verified Member
It is not all that up in the air to kick at that combo here two rails. He probably wont do that but i dont think it is a horrible shot with this layout.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
There are several shots available off the 11, but I'd prefer to leave it in scoring position in my quadrant. I'd likely draw medium speed off the left of the 5, pulling the CB to center table, and opening up the 9-5 cluster. That takes away any return bank.

~Doc

I think it is the 3 ball... but yes I like this option.... only thing u give up is a 2 railer on the 8

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Bank that stripe back off the six and try to hit the 9 with the cue ball

Seems like the clear winner to me!

If Scott can see enough of the 10 ball, then twisting that into the 1 ball and opening those clustered balls while maybe making the 5 off the 15 and dragging the cue ball over to the 9 ball could be in second place. But the difficulty factor in option 2 is high given the cueball location.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

~Doc

doc i like your shot for several reasons
it opens up the balls that are a pain in your (you know what)
and like chicago mike said it leave the 2 railer on the the 8 but WHATS HE GONNA DO WITH THE CUE BALL ?
the only downside is depending where you get "drawing to the center of the table "
you might leave a bank that lets alex get behind the balls

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Bank that stripe back off the six and try to hit the 9 with the cue ball

Bank the 11 cue ball directly into the 9 kicking it to your side.

Seems like the clear winner to me!

for you guys who want to bank the 11 and hit the 9
based on the distance between the balls
what do you think is scotts success rate percentage wise would be ?
and what do you think your percentage would be ?
just askin ...:D

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

~Doc

This is my shot except I would try to place my cue ball on top of the nine. Only problem is the point of the side sending the stripe towards Alex’s pocket.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.

My shot was more of a safe with a ball close to my hole. If I make it it's a plus so I dont have odds on making it. My success rate on hitting the 9 ball is about 95 percent otherwise I dont shoot or adjust.. 3 yrs ago it was probably about 50/50, I have a much better idea where whitey is going now. IMO as the 9 is close to the rail it's pretty easy to hit it full.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

My percentage is about the same for this shot and all others, 8%. Scott, 90%.