S/S Final Four on Winners Side

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
you guys know if you let Henderson win this again, he is going to get a big head!

Just kidding, good luck all, give em hell! :)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
hey john, possible for somebody to take a pic of the bracket?

I will try today. Three tough races to four wore me down. Lucky to be in the final four myself. Got brain dead in my last match against 80 year old Don Steele but pulled it out. He can play. My match against Reggie Barksdale was a nail biter too. He is a very good player.

It will be tougher today. I play John Smith, 3rd last year, and the winner of that gets the winner of Billy Incardona and Bob Ogburn.

Gonna be a great day.:D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I will try today. Three tough races to four wore me down. Lucky to be in the final four myself. Got brain dead in my last match against 80 year old Don Steele but pulled it out. He can play. My match against Reggie Barksdale was a nail biter too. He is a very good player.

It will be tougher today. I play John Smith, 3rd last year, and the winner of that gets the winner of Billy Incardona and Bob Ogburn.

I tried to buy Ogburn in the Calcutta, but I think he's the dog among these four. (He'll probably win it with me stickin' my neck out like this. :p )

He got a good draw: Fast Eddie who played poorly for fast Eddie, then me (and I had chances to win every game) then... um... can't remember, but it obviously wasn't one of the other 3, and it wasn't Sparks or Helfert or Christopher or Steele or Barksdale. Wasn't Mo... who's left? Ah, I think he played Rizzo in his 3rd match.

Anyway, good luck to all. Great bunch of guys. Anyone who does well will make lots of people happy.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Greg Sullivan was here Thursday night playing on a Gold Crown with Jay Helfert. I told him I'd heard he broke out in hives when he tried to play on one of these, but he graciously said, "No, I like it. Nice table"

I'm glad to have met Don Steele. Very good player who says he doesn't play much 1P, but you can't tell by the way he moves, and he's a straight shooter. Very pleasant guy, too.

Jeff is very down on his game. Said he was off-balance all day, and not seeing the pocket. We all hope he turns it around. If it weren't for him -- along with Richardson and Rizzo -- this tournament wouldn't be happening.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Yeah, I could tell you were struggling last night. I did sweat a few minutes of your match against Steele, but I was getting out of stroke just watching you, so I switched it off...:D I know you'll be back in form today, so good luck against New Hampshire John Smith.

~Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I tried to buy Ogburn in the Calcutta, but I think he's the dog among these four. (He'll probably win it with me stickin' my neck out like this. :p )

He got a good draw: Fast Eddie who played poorly for fast Eddie, then me (and I had chances to win every game) then... um... can't remember, but it obviously wasn't one of the other 3, and it wasn't Sparks or Helfert or Christopher or Steele or Barksdale. Wasn't Mo... who's left? Ah, I think he played Rizzo in his 3rd match.

Anyway, good luck to all. Great bunch of guys. Anyone who does well will make lots of people happy.
I'm wondering who put Christopher on the loser's side? Maybe someone will be able to post a pic of the chart. Good luck!

~Doc

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
After attending Lacy's/Bogies events, and having played in match play ''for decades''. My personal opinion....race to 3 is sufficient, relag at 2-2 might also be considered. Just my two cents worth. Matches being decided because of fatigue at our age....:( aren't the best way ta enjoy your afternoon. Just sayin'.....................................................

Knuckles54

Verified Member
From
Canyonville Oregon
I just want to say, the play and sportsmanship you guys are deminstrating is most impressive. Jeff and those involved thanks for making all this happen. Newly retired and new to onepocket.org shines a light on many years of fun ahead. It appears Onepocket is addicting...... Lol
Thanks