Stream

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I thought it was significantly better day by day!

I was wondering -- based on what I know about photography, not streaming lol -- since the camera and conditions are essentially FIXED, I usually photograph pool in manual settings, because if I leave it to the camera, it will tend to read something different every photo, just because the light or dark of someones clothes, etc. Also, with my camera, the auto setting often comes out overexposed, which I absolutely hate, because damn, you actually have a low light situation so overexposing really deteriorates the quality quickly!

I wonder if for your stream camera, can you lock the exposure once you are happy with it, particularly with the exposure of the playing surface of the table itself -- ultimately that is our main subject, right?? I thought in the beginning especially, the table was a bit over exposed -- i.e. too bright for ideal viewing.

Likewise the focus -- once you get the camera focused on the table, there should be no need for it to refocus automatically (just because someone walks by for example). So can it be locked, and only unlocked if for some reason it falls out of focus or you move the camera??

I will be sending a donation -- thanks for the stream Bill!!!

chicagomike

Verified Member
First stream in five years. I had some glitch’s.

ANYONE interested in donations: kybill9@yahoo.com
PayPal

Bill what in your opinion would have improved the feed? Is it band with or internet quirks, better equipment(looked like you had good stuff, but I know very little), or is it just the nature of the beast?

If donations were to come in would an upgrade on any particular piece of gear be instrumental in improving the feed?

Gotta say that I am very impressed with the quality of the microphone sound...I reviewed a bit of my commentary with Ike and for how softly we spoke they really picked up our voices nicely.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Bill what in your opinion would have improved the feed? Is it band with or internet quirks, better equipment(looked like you had good stuff, but I know very little), or is it just the nature of the beast?

If donations were to come in would an upgrade on any particular piece of gear be instrumental in improving the feed?

Gotta say that I am very impressed with the quality of the microphone sound...I reviewed a bit of my commentary with Ike and for how softly we spoke they really picked up our voices nicely.

The camera I bought with two days to go before leaving was a cheapie until I could get something a little better. The main problem was the balls were on the wrong end of the table and I could not get high enough to get rid of the glare. It had very few adjustments. I am going to see if I can get a battery for my old camera, it has adjustments. And I forgot my tripod which is actually a microphone holder. The one I borrowed from Angel did not work as well. For the first time in many years it was ok.I want to be better than OK

Last edited:

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
Thanks for the stream and all of the effort you put into making it happen. I just bought a camera that I want to use to take pics go my kids for their band activities (which you have seen on my facebook.) It apparently can stream in 4k but I need to figure out how to even take pictures with the damn thing. I would be more than willing to help out at use the camera for future events that we have. The camera is the Sony RX10 iii.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Thanks for the stream and all of the effort you put into making it happen. I just bought a camera that I want to use to take pics go my kids for their band activities (which you have seen on my facebook.) It apparently can stream in 4k but I need to figure out how to even take pictures with the damn thing. I would be more than willing to help out at use the camera for future events that we have. The camera is the Sony RX10 iii.

I have a Nikon you can stream with, software nightmare.
There was a lot going on before the stream in Chicago. I had to do a stream in Houston using someone who will not be named equipment. I had not been able to find my equipment because it was still packed. That took two days. A day of recovery from Houston. Then a test run at my house. Camera was dead. Since it is a rechargeable camera, I gave it a day to recharge. Still nothing. So I went out in our little small community and only found a GoPro which does not work with Apple software. I hooked it up to my Google notebook that runs on Android but that was confusing. So off to the Big Box stores 40 miles away and I got a cheapie Web Cam. It worked when I set it up at home. I didn’t notice at the time it had limited adjustments, hence the long distance shots. But it was OK using FB which was new to me. Like I have said, there were some glitches.
I purchased what is supposed to be the best stream in the business last night. Guess what? Glitches. WiFi and sending things over the internet is still in its infancy. Like me. If I do anymore, I’ll probably buy another one like the one that went ded. Thanks to those who helped commentate, Johnny Tronic, Chicago Mike, The Ike and Mike duo, Ike himself and ATM Ed taking his first solo shot. I left someone out, a top player from Chicago but I can’t remember his name.
I had a great time. Playing pool, restaurants, the snow, cold, was all great. I am waiting for someone who shall not be named from St Louis to shut up or put up.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
bill
sent you a contribution to the cause..:)
.thank you for your efforts to stream to us the matches
larry

chicagomike

Verified Member
I have a Nikon you can stream with, software nightmare.
There was a lot going on before the stream in Chicago. I had to do a stream in Houston using someone who will not be named equipment. I had not been able to find my equipment because it was still packed. That took two days. A day of recovery from Houston. Then a test run at my house. Camera was dead. Since it is a rechargeable camera, I gave it a day to recharge. Still nothing. So I went out in our little small community and only found a GoPro which does not work with Apple software. I hooked it up to my Google notebook that runs on Android but that was confusing. So off to the Big Box stores 40 miles away and I got a cheapie Web Cam. It worked when I set it up at home. I didn’t notice at the time it had limited adjustments, hence the long distance shots. But it was OK using FB which was new to me. Like I have said, there were some glitches.
I purchased what is supposed to be the best stream in the business last night. Guess what? Glitches. WiFi and sending things over the internet is still in its infancy. Like me. If I do anymore, I’ll probably buy another one like the one that went ded. Thanks to those who helped commentate, Johnny Tronic, Chicago Mike, The Ike and Mike duo, Ike himself and ATM Ed taking his first solo shot. I left someone out, a top player from Chicago but I can’t remember his name.
I had a great time. Playing pool, restaurants, the snow, cold, was all great. I am waiting for someone who shall not be named from St Louis to shut up or put up.

Tom Karabotsos

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I have come up with a solution to one of the problems
There will be a Facebook Web Page: onepocket.org/watch
Getting a camera or fixing mine
Get someone to go over the software with me

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Beer money for who, John? He’s the only one who drinks. But thanks for the $2.50 anyway, it’s the thought.

hahahaha - I sent you all I had in my paypal account so not really a rounded up number. I think it was more than $2.50 and less than $21.36. :)