Rules question

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
You are playing 1p and the OB must be fully over the line to be a legal ball.

When you are shooting after a scratch, does the cue ball need to be:

A)Fully over the line
B)Base of the ball on the line (so part of the ball can be over)

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
That's two seperate rules. You either play base of the ball or all in all out

I agree with you John. Just as the OB needs to be not touching the line to be out of the kitchen and legal, so too, must the CB be not touching the line to be in the kitchen and legal.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
if object ball has to be completely over the line cue ball must be completely behind the line

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
if object ball has to be completely over the line cue ball must be completely behind the line

Good explanation here, if you notice players will cheat the cue ball over the line quite often. Ill tell them to put whitey behind the line if i see them doing it when they play me. :heh

beatle

Verified Member
try to get your body between the cue ball and your opponent then he cant see where it is and most are too lazy to get up and look or think its bad form to look and check you out. this way you can get the cueball quite a ways in front of the line for your shot.

and its nice to hear him say nice shot after you make it. music to my ears.

this is especially important to do if you made a bad game and only have two or three to one the best of it.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
try to get your body between the cue ball and your opponent then he cant see where it is and most are too lazy to get up and look or think its bad form to look and check you out. this way you can get the cueball quite a ways in front of the line for your shot.

and its nice to hear him say nice shot after you make it. music to my ears.

this is especially important to do if you made a bad game and only have two or three to one the best of it.[/QUOTE

Beatle you and I are two different players. That’s all I have to say about that.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Good explanation here, if you notice players will cheat the cue ball over the line quite often. Ill tell them to put whitey behind the line if i see them doing it when they play me. :heh

I've had a couple of players (not members here lol) argue with me when I pointed out they were over the line. Why not just move it back a hair, and then I or most any other opponent will just sit down?? Most of the time it doesn't matter -- but when it matters it can be a big deal, can't it :D:D

youngstown

Verified Member
Rules question

I've had a couple of players (not members here lol) argue with me when I pointed out they were over the line. Why not just move it back a hair, and then I or most any other opponent will just sit down?? Most of the time it doesn't matter -- but when it matters it can be a big deal, can't it :D:D

Usually just a move I would think. Ask beatle. Lol.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Rules question

Well I agree with the majority here. But I was told.. “those are the house rules here” by one of the other regulars. And since I like and trust the guy I’m playing, I didn’t argue it, even though we are playing for a decent amount (100 a game) he is someone who I enjoy playing. I will spell it out next time though before we start. I’m not a fan of that rule and think it stinks.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Well I agree with the majority here. But I was told.. “those are the house rules here” by one of the other regulars. And since I like and trust the guy I’m playing, I didn’t argue it, even though we are playing for a decent amount (100 a game) he is someone who I enjoy playing. I will spell it out next time though before we start. I’m not a fan of that rule and think it stinks.

mitch
are you saying "house rules" ( at bluegrass i assume ) are
total ball for object ball and base of ball for the cue ball ??
if so at our tournament we need to be sure its total ball for both
above /below the line

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Rules question

mitch

are you saying "house rules" ( at bluegrass i assume ) are

total ball for object ball and base of ball for the cue ball ??

if so at our tournament we need to be sure its total ball for both

above /below the line

You assume incorrectly Larry. It was not at Bluegrass. Drexeline. At Bluegrass they have a brain and play entire OB over and entire cue ball behind like civilized folks lol

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
You assume incorrectly Larry. It was not at Bluegrass. Drexeline. At Bluegrass they have a brain and play entire OB over and entire cue ball behind like civilized folks lol

i knew you would have the tourney in a room with a brain....:)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Rules question

are you sure it was "house rules " and not "his rules":eek:

Yes as I mentioned in the post, a railbird who is also a good player there jumped in and confirmed immediately that for the cue ball they play base of the ball. Insanity lol