lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
among a bunch of dvds i just bought from accustats
i bought one of lotsapoppa vs pretty boy floyd one pocket
i have heard the name mentioned
not very often
anyone have any stories and or info on him ?
how good did he play

btw
accu stats has a sale now where dvds are $9.99
i think because they are going to a vimeo on demand format
http://www.accu-stats.com/

Jimmy B

Verified Member
among a bunch of dvds i just bought from accustats
i bought one of lotsapoppa vs pretty boy floyd one pocket
i have heard the name mentioned
not very often
anyone have any stories and or info on him ?
how good did he play

btw
accu stats has a sale now where dvds are $9.99
i think because they are going to a vimeo on demand format
http://www.accu-stats.com/

I ran into him a couple of time, Larry, but I'm sure there's several guys on here who can tell you things about him.. He was a player. The first tim,,, I was going to play him some, and I looked over at Burton and he gave me a sign that I couldn't beat him, so I opted out and hung around and saw him play a local guy some nine ball, and he won a few games off the local man and that man got mad and was a racist anyway and started wanted to flip Popa for a hundred dollars per flip and Poppa said sure, flip it up and ended up winning four or five hundred off of the local man.. That's about all that happened that I can remember...I left and went to the movies right after these occurrences, but I think he made another little score or two that night and then left the area...

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Hi Larry,

In one of Grady's 1pocket tourneys, before one of the matches Lotsofpoppa sang God Bless America. Not bad, but very cool to start a tournament w/a patriotic song. I'll try to find what match.

Dave

beatle

Verified Member
he played good but not real good. but was a very funny enjoyable person to be around. but i was only observing from a distance. always had an gallery of black guys following him around. everyone of them was smiling all the time.
never spoke to him.

baby huey

Verified Member
I saw Lotsa Papa play a few times. He got Grady to give him 9/7 back in the early 80's and drilled him. He was a very good player but mostly locked it up. He was clearly a full ball under the very good players of that day. His nine ball game was average at best.

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
I saw Lotsa Papa play a few times. He got Grady to give him 9/7 back in the early 80's and drilled him. He was a very good player but mostly locked it up. He was clearly a full ball under the very good players of that day. His nine ball game was average at best.

He visited the DC area often

A big man, preferred OnePocket, and liked to sing :)

Very good player but was careful who he matched up with

In poolrooms with tons of shady characters, he handled himself well ... always a nice guy imo ...