OnePocket.org Forums

OnePocket.org Forums (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index.php)
-   One Pocket Forum (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fair adjustment (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5982)

#Cruncher 10-31-2011 12:13 PM

Fair adjustment

I have been playing a friend of mine some cheap one pocket giving him 9-7 and the breaks.

He's got a good break, knows the game and shots well, but unfortunately getting up there in years and can't execute that well (not a big threat to run 7 and out).

I'm up a little and would like to adjust the game a hair. I'm wondering what the next spot adjustment would be for all you gambling experts out there.

I was thinking 10-7 and the breaks or 12-8 and the breaks. Or possibly 10-6/10-7 alt. breaks?

Thanks in advance for advice.

androd 10-31-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #Cruncher (Post 81422)
I have been playing a friend of mine some cheap one pocket giving him 9-7 and the breaks.

He's got a good break, knows the game and shots well, but unfortunately getting up there in years and can't execute that well (not a big threat to run 7 and out).

I'm up a little and would like to adjust the game a hair. I'm wondering what the next spot adjustment would be for all you gambling experts out there.

I was thinking 10-7 and the breaks or 12-8 and the breaks. Or possibly 10-6/10-7 alt. breaks?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Up a hair would be 9/7---10/7 and the breaks.
More would be 10/7 and the breaks. If that's to much 10/7 and 2 of 3 breaks.
Rod.

wgcp 10-31-2011 12:43 PM

adjusting

to tell you the truth, adjust one ball a session... If he is truly a friend then this adjustment will eventually work itself out... If you play better than him, then you should want the game to challenge your own skill set every match...

Good Luck...

usblues 10-31-2011 01:18 PM

Freddie's...

......taking a nap.When he wakes up I'll ask him.As he's the resident arranger of such things and then some,cheers,Jack

tonygreen 10-31-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wgcp (Post 81424)
to tell you the truth, adjust one ball a session... If he is truly a friend then this adjustment will eventually work itself out... If you play better than him, then you should want the game to challenge your own skill set every match...

Good Luck...

This is exactly correct ... you are both playing your hearts out as friends so make it tough on yourself "to challenge your own skillset" . My vote WGCP.

fred bentivegna 10-31-2011 04:07 PM

Cant beat Rod

Quote:

Originally Posted by androd (Post 81423)
Up a hair would be 9/7---10/7 and the breaks.
More would be 10/7 and the breaks. If that's to much 10/7 and 2 of 3 breaks.
Rod.

I couldnt improve on that adjustment. That is the kind of adjustment that you are supposed to make if the game is already close. That is known as a half a ball.

Beard

vapros 10-31-2011 04:14 PM

Sounds to me like you would like the action to be competitive and then break even at the end - or close to it. How about if, every time you beat him, you give up another ball. When he wins, you take one back. Guaranteed to keep the money flowing in both directions. You could adjust after every game, or play short races if you prefer. No bloodshed.

usblues 11-01-2011 06:26 AM

You gotta......

......like that Vapros,the flow would know when to go.Touche'.....

wincardona 11-01-2011 01:25 PM

9/7 and 11/8 are fairly close with 11/8 a hair the better, try 11/8 and the break and see how that goes.

Dr. Bill

wincardona 11-01-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vapros (Post 81438)
Sounds to me like you would like the action to be competitive and then break even at the end - or close to it. How about if, every time you beat him, you give up another ball. When he wins, you take one back. Guaranteed to keep the money flowing in both directions. You could adjust after every game, or play short races if you prefer. No bloodshed.

kinda like dancing with your sister, you know the outcome before the dance is over.:sorry

Billy I.