OnePocket.org Forums

OnePocket.org Forums (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index.php)
-   One Pocket Forum (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   JOB Billiards (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14403)

jtompilot 05-15-2018 11:12 PM

JOB Billiards

This place is a ghost town. At least I donít have tons of smokers around:)

crabbcatjohn 05-15-2018 11:15 PM

How long you in town for?

J.R. 05-15-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtompilot (Post 237013)
This place is a ghost town. At least I donít have tons of smokers around:)

I have a friend who has lived in the Nashville area for over ten years. He has stated year after year that JOB's was on a downhill slide. The last time I spoke to him, several weeks ago, he didn't think it could survive another year based on the mismanagement and failure to keep the equipment in shape. I imagine that downhill slide has become a nosedive. Too bad.

crabbcatjohn 05-16-2018 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.R. (Post 237015)
I have a friend who has lived in the Nashville area for over ten years. He has stated year after year that JOB's was on a downhill slide. The last time I spoke to him, several weeks ago, he didn't think it could survive another year based on the mismanagement and failure to keep the equipment in shape. I imagine that downhill slide has become a nosedive. Too bad.

Yea, ever since Blaylock(he name was JOB) sold out its went down hill. Last time i was there with 12squared the pit table was in pretty bad shape. Used to be a bunch of strong players there with plenty of action. I hear its mainly league bangers in there now. Too bad.

jtompilot 05-16-2018 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn (Post 237014)
How long you in town for?

One night. I would have called you but wasnít sure when weíd get here. Turns out Pax were late. I didnít get to job till 10.

crabbcatjohn 05-16-2018 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtompilot (Post 237017)
One night. I would have called you but wasn’t sure when we’d get here. Turns out Pax were late. I didn’t get to job till 10.

Yea one of these days we'll have to finish that game we started at Derby like 3 or 4 yrs ago...lol

J.R. 05-16-2018 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn (Post 237016)
Yea, ever since Blaylock(he name was JOB) sold out its went down hill. Last time i was there with 12squared the pit table was in pretty bad shape. Used to be a bunch of strong players there with plenty of action. I hear its mainly league bangers in there now. Too bad.

My friend in Tennessee is currently 68 years old and still plays a super solid game of one pocket. He mentioned that some of the better one pocket players he was competing with when he first moved to the Nashville area were a bit older than him and have since passed away. Another player, probably the best one who frequented JOB's named "Pickle," is currently incarcerated for a zillion years. Yet, my friend still goes to JOB's to play once a week in a league but gets depressed each time because of the deplorable conditions. We've all seen those pool rooms where a great owner dies and the new owners know nothing about how to run a pool room. Maybe JOB's needs that cable TV reality guy who comes into a failing business and revamps it for the current owner.

jtompilot 05-16-2018 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn (Post 237018)
Yea one of these days we'll have to finish that game we started at Derby like 3 or 4 yrs ago...lol

Come to New Orleans for Buffallos tournament and we can match up, then hang around and watch the big dogs:D

crabbcatjohn 05-16-2018 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.R. (Post 237020)
My friend in Tennessee is currently 68 years old and still plays a super solid game of one pocket. He mentioned that some of the better one pocket players he was competing with when he first moved to the Nashville area were a bit older than him and have since passed away. Another player, probably the best one who frequented JOB's named "Pickle," is currently incarcerated for a zillion years. Yet, my friend still goes to JOB's to play once a week in a league but gets depressed each time because of the deplorable conditions. We've all seen those pool rooms where a great owner dies and the new owners know nothing about how to run a pool room. Maybe JOB's needs that cable TV reality guy who comes into a failing business and revamps it for the current owner.

Bobby Pickle was a great player and great fun to watch. Could beat anybody on a bar box when he was right. Beat Effern in the 9 ball at DCC once. Won and lost thousands playing pool. One of those super high octane guys. Unfortunately in and out of prison a lot. Bad druggie. The last deal, him and a couple other guys were on a 3 day drug bender and kidnapped this guy to rob him, guys name was Kashola...lol, got caught and they threw away the key this time as far as i know http://www.ask4direct.com/InfoRead.a...&InfoID=648384

crabbcatjohn 05-16-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtompilot (Post 237021)
Come to New Orleans for Buffallos tournament and we can match up, then hang around and watch the big dogs:D

Would love too Jim but my summer is pretty much booked