OnePocket.org Forums

OnePocket.org Forums (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index.php)
-   One Pocket Forum (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   US Open One Pocket in May VEGAS (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4491)

SactownTom 11-16-2010 03:49 PM

US Open One Pocket in May VEGAS

Mark Griffin just announced the dates and some info for this event.

copied from the other forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Griffin
CSI will be bringing back the US OPEN ONE POCKET event. $300 entry, at least $10,000 added (limited to either 32 or 48 players). This is the 11th time of this prestigious event and we are making this an annual event from now on. Held May 13-15, 2011 (Fri-Sat-Sun).

NH Steve 11-16-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SactownTom

I think this a good time of year for this -- a real nice offset from DCC both in the dates, and in the location. I hope to go...

SactownTom 11-16-2010 04:21 PM

It is planned for the weekend prior to the US Open 10 tournament which may have a limited field of 96 players.

I might have to meander on down to Vegas for a long weekend... I konw some of those 10 ball players think they can play One Pocket...

mr3cushion 11-16-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Hey GREAT; this will be right after the WORLD CUP 3 Cushion Billiard tournament 04/04-10/2011. All the TOP American, European, Asian and Latin players will be in attendence!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Fast Lenny 11-16-2010 04:42 PM

I will be doing my best to be there and hope to meet up with some of you guys for a beer or 10. Good to hear that Mark is putting this on, heard about it around a week ago and I wanted to make it public so bad but figured Mark was better to do the honors. I do hope the event is live streamed by TAR for those of you who cannot make it to LV. :)

jtompilot 11-16-2010 06:45 PM

Thats good news. But come on man, where's the history, bring it back to Michigan:mad: Then I could watch:D

One Pocket Ghost 11-16-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtompilot
Thats good news. But come on man, where's the history, bring it back to Michigan :mad: Then I could watch:D

Props to Tim White...he was the one who originally cared enough, and revived the tournament at his pool room in Kalamazoo about 3 or 4 years ago...due to unfortunate events he had to close his room, or he probably would have kept having the tournament.

- Ghost

PS, The Ghost played in it, and came in in third place :eek: losing to Richie Richeson hill-hill in the hot seat match - Richie went on to win the tournament.

Fast Lenny 11-16-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost
Props to Tim White...he was the one who originally cared enough, and revived the tournament at his pool room in Kalamazoo about three years ago...due to unfortunate events he had to close his room, or he probably would have kept having the tournament.

- Ghost

PS, The Ghost played in it, and came in in third place :eek: losing to Richie Richeson hill-hill in the hot seat match - Richie went on to win the tournament.

Damn, looks like Dick is going to need 10-6! :eek:

One Pocket Ghost 11-16-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast Lenny
Damn, looks like Dick is going to need 10-6! :eek:

No way...problem is, for the big $$$ that Papie and I are playing for, I won't be able to make a ball - I'm a $30-$50 a game player...:o...smart money will bet against me, playing Papie...;)

- Ghosty

PS, I hope Bernie doesn't see this post - it'll make him real nervous...:D

gulfportdoc 11-16-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Mark Griffin just announced the dates and some info for this event. copied from the other forum.Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Griffin:
CSI will be bringing back the US OPEN ONE POCKET event. $300 entry, at least $10,000 added (limited to either 32 or 48 players). This is the 11th time of this prestigious event and we are making this an annual event from now on. Held May 13-15, 2011 (Fri-Sat-Sun).

This is great news. I was just wondering the other day if the U.S. Open 1P would ever be held again.

Since there seems to be a surge of interest in 1P of late, I'm sure he'll fill up. I'd like to play it myself. The problem is, if he limits it to only 32 or 48 players, the field will be real deep with knuckle-dragging sharp shooters.:eek: I played the one in 2006 at the Executive West, where I think there were 80-100 players. I didn't play the Qlympics the next year. It was a small field. Galveston had about 80 players.

He may be limiting the field because he doesn't want to take more than a dozen or so tables out to Vegas. The races used to be to 5, so each match can occupy a table for awhile.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be lots more discussion about the event!

Doc