Moving two or more balls is a foul

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I was reviewing the Rules of One Pocket and could not find this rule. Almost everyone I know plays this rule. Did I miss it or is it not in there?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Moving two or more balls is a foul

I was reviewing the Rules of One Pocket and could not find this rule. Almost everyone I know plays this rule. Did I miss it or is it not in there?

Exactly! Was jut posting that in the other thread.

jokerley

From
mem tn
It has been that way a long time however now around Memphis we are seeing a lot of all ball foul ( like snooker ) and no balls count on break

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
It has been that way a long time however now around Memphis we are seeing a lot of all ball foul ( like snooker ) and no balls count on break

I've been suggesting an in between option, that I personally think would work as well as anything when you are not playing with a referee. It is what I call "All ball fouls with one-touch warning"

If you "foul" a single ball prior to shooting, it would be a warning only. At that point your opponent might want to call someone to watch. Because if you touch again, that would be a foul.

If you touch after you have released your shot, that would be a foul even the first time.

But close calls that might have touched but didn't clearly move a ball, would not be a foul unless the opponent had asked a ref (or someone else neutral asked to watch), and they called it a foul. For opponent's to call a foul it should obvious enough that both players agree.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
brlongarm
hope this helps
this from the derby city classic 2019 rules
bolded part by me for emphasisi
Cue Ball Fouls Only

Accidentally touching or disturbing a single object ball is not a foul unless the disturbed ball has an effect on the outcome of the shot. See a referee for advice if you think this has happened. Otherwise, the opponent has the option to restore the disturbed ball or leave it in position. If the offending player attempts to restore the disturbed ball without giving their opponent the restoration option, it is a foul.

Accidentally touching or disturbing 2 or more object balls is a foul, and there is no restoration option for the disturbed balls.

beatle

Verified Member
thats the best rule larry and similar to most gambling rules.

although in the past most times gambling no fouls unless with the stick and cueball. the opponent just puts the balls back where he thinks they were. he becomes the referee.
no arguments this way and no one gets to take shots by calling fouls that didnt happen. and keeps the game more friendly as we all bump balls so it evens out in the end.

all that is of course mentioned before the start of the game unless you have history with the person already.

however in gambling we have never called a foul if the player moves a ball an inch or so and then moves it back. as you could always stop him from shooting and correct where it should go. its a good way to lose a customer or give him an excuse to quit you by calling fouls on him.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
For opponent's to call a foul it should obvious enough that both players agree.[/QUOTE]

Steve, If it is an obvious foul and my opponent knows he fouled also, and he tries to say it wasn't a foul - then he does not have to worry about playing me again.

One pocket is still supposed to be a gentlemanly, sportsmanlike game. And, I like to have fun when I play.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
brlongarm
hope this helps
this from the derby city classic 2019 rules
bolded part by me for emphasisi
Cue Ball Fouls Only

Accidentally touching or disturbing a single object ball is not a foul unless the disturbed ball has an effect on the outcome of the shot. See a referee for advice if you think this has happened. Otherwise, the opponent has the option to restore the disturbed ball or leave it in position. If the offending player attempts to restore the disturbed ball without giving their opponent the restoration option, it is a foul.

Accidentally touching or disturbing 2 or more object balls is a foul, and there is no restoration option for the disturbed balls.

I think this should be the rule for our unified rules. It's what most people are playing anyway. Any ball foul just invites arguments.

Last edited: