1ST Senior One Pocket Classic (Players List)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I don't want to start any trouble:D but, I heard he sent in an extra two hundred to draw you in the first round.:eek:

The good news is that's $400 extra for the prize fund, but I wish now I'd saved mine. :frus

We need to designate someone to follow him after the tourney in case his cue stick floats... no need to let the river keep it.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Another Houston player gives up his ticket

Another Houston player gives up his ticket

Gabe Owen's father Robert (Bob ) Owen called John Rizzo today and asked if there were any spots left in the Senior Classic. So John called Phil Martin and asked him if he was still willing to give up his spot. He said sure, let him play. Nice guy, Phil Martin, and a damn good one pocket player. Maybe some of you already know him,but if not I will gladly introduce him to you when you get to Houston.

I hate to break this to Hendy and Chuck, but we are going to have to delete Phil Martin's picture and add Bob Owen's picture in his place. Sorry guys, hope this isn't to much to ask.

We are now solid at 24, but we are taking an alternates list in case something happens to someone before the 15th of April. So if you're interested in playing, please get in touch with me Jeff Sparks, ( 713/302/5801 )
or John Rizzo ( 281/813/3886 )
As of this post we have zero alternates.

RedCard

Verified Member
Gabe Owen's father Robert (Bob ) Owen called John Rizzo today and asked if there were any spots left in the Senior Classic. So John called Phil Martin and asked him if he was still willing to give up his spot. He said sure, let him play. Nice guy, Phil Martin, and a damn good one pocket player. Maybe some of you already know him,but if not I will gladly introduce him to you when you get to Houston.

I hate to break this to Hendy and Chuck, but we are going to have to delete Phil Martin's picture and add Bob Owen's picture in his place. Sorry guys, hope this isn't to much to ask.

We are now solid at 24, but we are taking an alternates list in case something happens to someone before the 15th of April. So if you're interested in playing, please get in touch with me Jeff Sparks, ( 713/302/5801 )
or John Rizzo ( 281/813/3886 )
As of this post we have zero alternates.

Glad to see the field staying full. No problem putting Bob Owen's picture in as soon as I get one. Erich Hagenlocher, purported to be Fat's first pool teacher, has graciously sort of consented to stand in until a picture surfaces. Still no luck finding a picture for Allan Canin, William Stephens or Reggie Barksdale.

Attachments

• BobOwen.jpg
    BobOwen.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 0

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Glad to see the field staying full. No problem putting Bob Owen's picture in as soon as I get one. Erich Hagenlocher, purported to be Fat's first pool teacher, has graciously sort of consented to stand in until a picture surfaces. Still no luck finding a picture for Allan Canin, William Stephens or Reggie Barksdale.

Thanks Chuck,
I will ask Rizzo tomorrow if there were phone #'s on any of the checks sent from Canin, Stephens, or Barksdale. If I get any #'s I will gladly call and ask them to send a picture ASAP. Anyone else knowing these fellows please contact them in regards to their picture or call me at 713/302/5801 if you have their phone #

Oh btw, it's Owen, Bob Owen, in the singular.
Thanks again Chuck

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Just 3 short weeks

Just 3 short weeks

Yep,
Just 3 weeks to kickoff fellas, and I'm gettin itchy!

Big Tyme Billiards is having their annual tournament this weekend, so I swung by just to check out the players list and watch some of the side action. Ray Hansen ( poolactiontv ) was there and he told me that Jeremy Jones would be doing some of the commentary for the Seniors event. Sylver Ochoa is supposed to join in also, according to Ray. That will be a nice addition for this years live stream, two very knowledgeable guys and their insights into the game.

When I left, Richie R. was playing lil Jon and Danny Smith partners one pocket for a nickel a game. Richie was shooting in between them and was spotting them 8/7 on his break and 9/8 on their break. Richie won the first game and I had to go so I don't know who ended up with the cheese.

Rizzo has turned away two people so far that wanted to play in the Seniors event. There has been talk about expanding the field this year but I for one ain't going for it. We have advertised a maximum of 24 players from the get go, and as far as I'm concerned that's what we should stick to. Now next year we could expand the field to 32 players if that's what the majority wants, but this year it's staying at 24 players. Any thoughts on this are welcomed.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Yep,
Just 3 weeks to kickoff fellas, and I'm gettin itchy!

Big Tyme Billiards is having their annual tournament this weekend, so I swung by just to check out the players list and watch some of the side action. Ray Hansen ( poolactiontv ) was there and he told me that Jeremy Jones would be doing some of the commentary for our the Seniors event. Sylver Ochoa is supposed to join in also, according to Ray. That will be a nice addition for this years live stream, two very knowledgeable guys and their insights into the game.

When I left, Richie R. was playing lil Jon and Danny Smith partners one pocket for a nickel a game. Richie was shooting in between them and was spotting them 8/7 on his break and 9/8 on their break. Richie won the first game and I had to go so I don't know who ended up with the cheese.

Rizzo has turned away two people so far that wanted to play in the Seniors event. There has been talk about expanding the field this year but I for one ain't going for it. We have advertised a maximum of 24 players from the get go, and as far as I'm concerned that's what we should stick to. Now next year we could expand the field to 32 players if that's what the majority wants, but this year it's staying at 24 players. Any thoughts on this are welcomed.

Damn! I just had a horrible thought. It never occurred to me before now that it might be unfair of me to keep a real player from playin', not just for him but for spectators and sponsors. I'm jonesin' really bad, but I want honest opinions from my friends about this.

What if I was keepin' Parica out, or Artie, or SJD or Mr3C, etc., somebody we'd all really like to see? Damn.

Tell me what you really think.

Damn.

troutmanmo

Verified Member
From
Houston
Damn! I just had a horrible thought. It never occurred to me before now that it might be unfair of me to keep a real player from playin', not just for him but for spectators and sponsors. I'm jonesin' really bad, but I want honest opinions from my friends about this.

What if I was keepin' Parica out, or Artie, or SJD or Mr3C, etc., somebody we'd all really like to see? Damn.

Damn.

What you say is true and it applies to me also....I have no problem in giving my spot up to anyone. I like that Jeff wants to keep the field as is because that is how we set it up. Next year is another story....

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
What you say is true and it applies to me also....I have no problem in giving my spot up to anyone. I like that Jeff wants to keep the field as is because that is how we set it up. Next year is another story....

Thanks, Mo. You're a better man than I (and you play better too %$#$#@! )

I'll do it, but I'll need my arm twisted. I can argue both ways, but I'm biased.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Thanks, Mo. You're a better man than I (and you play better too %$#$#@! )

I'll do it, but I'll need my arm twisted. I can argue both ways, but I'm biased.

Not a chance, you're both stayin in the tournament, there needs to be at least two players in the field that can't spot me 9/7 and win! :):):)

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Damn.

Stay in. They had plenty of time. I'd much rather see you play than Parica, anyways..... I've seen him play a million times. ef him.....

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

Maurice and LS John, YOU ARE IN! Your pictures are on the flyer, so it is official.:D

Besides, they might let someone in who does not have your sense of humor.:lol

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Jeff, is that Lil John Macias from Hattiesburg, Miss.? He's about 5'10", blonde. I heard he was back in Dixie, but I haven't seen him. I think he's living in Louisiana.

~Doc

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Jeff, is that Lil John Macias from Hattiesburg, Miss.? He's about 5'10", blonde. I heard he was back in Dixie, but I haven't seen him. I think he's living in Louisiana.

~Doc

Doc,
I'm pretty sure they are one and the same Lil Jon, your description fits him. I'll say this, the guy sure likes to gamble and he loves playing pool, even when the games bad. That's usually a recipe for disaster around most pool rooms.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Doc,
I'm pretty sure they are one and the same Lil Jon, your description fits him. I'll say this, the guy sure likes to gamble and he loves playing pool, even when the games bad. That's usually a recipe for disaster around most pool rooms.
Yeah, he's got the jones all right.;) But he has a great style about him, and fun to watch. He's a real good player, but a shade under the top dogs.

~Doc

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
I saw Lil John and Ritchie Rich match up a few days ago at Big Tyme. Richie gave LJ 10/7 in a race to 6. Ritchie lost the first 2 games then came back to win the match.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
1st registered alternate

1st registered alternate

Frank Espinosa out of Colorado is hoping to play in the inaugural Seniors tournament. He is flying into Houston on Friday the 15th of April and will be the first alternate should we have a cancellation.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Frank Espinosa out of Colorado is hoping to play in the inaugural Seniors tournament. He is flying into Houston on Friday the 15th of April and will be the first alternate should we have a cancellation.

Great.

I hope David and John are already thinking about whether to have 32 or 48 next year.