Truman's Bank Pool tourney Louisville

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
Truman's bank pool tournament this weekend Feb. 23 & 24th. Handicapped, short rack race to 21 or whatever your handicap is. They made it short rack to make it go faster. A bit harder to lay down the oil like Freddie says in short rack.
Always a good calcutta, makes a pretty good purse over all. After this tournament i'm swearing off the energy drinks. :frus

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
i'm out

i'm out

I lost my first round to Paul what'shisface from Versailles, Ky. He won on 16 and i had to make 18. Score 16-16 i lose, wtf? He won the mini-bank tournament at
the DCC so he can play a bit. Next i lost my 2nd. barrell to a B player who needed 14 balls to win, score me 15 him 14. He is 35, i am 69, something about that match-up does not seem right, lol. I was ranked as the 2nd. best player in the tournament going in, behind Louis Demarco. I finished 12th. from the original 38 that signed up. If a B player comes out Blazing and banks in 5 balls, and then you my friend are behind 9 balls, this makes for tough action. I was tied for the high run purse when i left. So maybe i will have some coin to pick up when i go back to the poolroom. oh well, a fun way to spend a winter day.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
order of finish

order of finish

1. Hal White A player

2. Goldie A player
3. Terry Driscoll B player
4. David Siltz B player

NobodySpecial

He had me play as a B+.

Terry shot really well against me. He impressed me with how calm he stayed.

--
Dave

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
2 in a row

2 in a row

Isn't that 2 in a row for Hal? Goldie has his moments and can be hard to beat. Did you get anything for high run?

YES that's 2 in a row for Hal, and he had me spotting him 2 balls, that blows bad.

I think he is going to cut me some slack the next time. i hope.

Warren

Verified Member
From
Midway, KY
JIM, Paul Smith was the guys' name who beat you the first time. He does play well most of the time. Paul works every day running a hugh press printing pages for books. Not a bad player for a guy who holds a full time job.:)