Roll Call for Highest Finish ar DCC

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
OK, I put this out there and we have enough onepocket.org players for a go and need more. $100 from each player to whoever finishes highest in the one pocket tournament. If you get a bad draw and draw me or the Ghost, Oh well.:p:sorry

So Far: JR Hendy, Baby Huey, Chicago Mike, Bernie, Col Bille.

There may have been a couple more, but I am relying on my memory.:frus

Waiting to hear from: Ghost, Tom, Hacker, Stroud, Lou and any other regular who will be there and wants in.

We can settle up at the bar or the steakhouse.* Winner buys.:D

*Just Kidding about the steakhouse, but drinks for sure for those that partake..

Last edited:

chicagomike

Verified Member
OK, I put this out there and we have enough onepocket.org players for a go and need more. $100 from each player to whoever finishes highest in the one pocket tournament. If you get a bad draw and draw me or the Ghost, Oh well.:p:sorry

Waiting to hear from: Ghost, Tom, Hacker, Stroud, Lou and any other regular who will be there and wants in.

We can settle up at the bar or the steakhouse.* Winner buys

*Just Kidding about the steakhouse, but drinks for sure for those that partake..

That sounds good to me!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

We can settle up at the bar or the steakhouse.* Winner buys.:D

What are you doing for tie breakers if necessary? I believe DCC keeps track of games won, but if you were still tied, a playoff would be in order :D

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
That is a good point and something to consider.

What do the participants think?

Well, obviously head to head could be the first tie breaker, but with so many players that is not so likely to help. Likewise mutual opponents could be another tie breaker, but how many of those are going to happen either, lol.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Well, obviously head to head could be the first tie breaker, but with so many players that is not so likely to help. Likewise mutual opponents could be another tie breaker, but how many of those are going to happen either, lol.

I think the easiest way, if there is a tie, is to let them decide for themselves. If they choose a playoff, ok, if they want o whack it up, that is ok too.

I don't want to make it too complicated and just keep it simple. Say two of our guys make it to the 7th or 8th round. They decide on a playoff or split. I don't care for games won to decide either. Farthest in the tournament gets the $$. If this is not ok with those already committed, let me know and I'll take you off the list.

If we start tinkering and make it too complicated, it will take the fun out of it.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I think the easiest way, if there is a tie, is to let them decide for themselves. If they choose a playoff, ok, if they want o whack it up, that is ok too.

I don't want to make it too complicated and just keep it simple. Say two of our guys make it to the 7th or 8th round. They decide on a playoff or split. I don't care for games won to decide either. Farthest in the tournament gets the $$. If this is not ok with those already committed, let me know and I'll take you off the list.

If we start tinkering and make it too complicated, it will take the fun out of it.

Fitee/Fitee............:p

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Good point, have fun!

bernie p

Verified Member
John,

Consider me confirmed for $100.00.

I like the idea of letting the players negotiate a tie.

Thanks.

Bernie.

watchez

Verified Member
I have no horse in this race but winning percentage (total games won / total games played) could break the tie.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I have no horse in this race but winning percentage (total games won / total games played) could break the tie.

all due respect
since you dont know who had to go thru who to get to the money
i like the winners decide...:)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Is there any way for us stay at home sweaters to start a small pool of our own. A small amount with a random draw for our onepocket.org players?

Also Frank, try and get a bet down on Gentleman John and his favorite partner the Ghost :eek: :heh, when they take down former WORLD CHAMPION Dr. Bill in this contest. ----->

Playing you guys 11/8 is a bit too much but I'm willing to negotiate. This is the way I will play you guys. 10/8 when you guys break and 11/8 when I break.

NO COACHING.

Dr. Bill

- Ghost

PS, Talked to John on the phone this afternoon, and we have our winning strategy/game plan all worked out...:cool:

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I have heard through reliable sources that one of the members in this playoff plans to bring light cue balls to affect the play of opponents. I'm not naming any names of how I heard this but the nom de plume of the source be, The Invisible One.
BTW Winner buys Ice Cream for all members in attendance.

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 0

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I have heard through reliable sources that one of the members in this playoff plans to bring light cue balls to affect the play of opponents. I'm not naming any names of how I heard this but the nom de plume of the source be, The Invisible One.
BTW Winner buys Ice Cream for all members in attendance.

Deflated cue balls?