Buddy Hall vs. Jeremy Jones 1998 W.O.P.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
But we can be nicer too people and make thier life more barabale.

THe time has come for everyone too just stop from hurting other peopls feelings.

I need to be morer espectfull and less agressive. And the price off hurthing other peoples feelings is not worth it.

And when we see we are hurting a persons feelings and we continue we need too back off and take a look at what we are doing. And be a little moore human and stop attacking .

And stop insulting and calling people names thinking it quite and clever.

AB Middler

Ok....Does that mean then, that you take back the mean, hurtful words that you said to me earlier in this thread...:( >>>

Artie Bodendorfer said:
Gost tou need too go back too kindergarden. You are completly clueless.

- Ghost...;)

Skin

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Ok....Does that mean then, that you take back the mean, hurtful words that you said to me earlier in this thread...:( >>>

- Ghost...;)

Oh, for cryin' out loud!

Skin

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Skin said:
Oh, for cryin' out loud!

Skin

Ghosty, the one pocket Artiste, is obviously very sensitive and needs special consideration.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
These two posts bear repeating...:p >>>

One Pocket Ghost said:
And after all Dennis, I've already got about 6 guys that gang up on me here regularly as it is...[B]although I take that for the compliment that it is - cuz they know that they need about 6 of them against me, to make it almost a fair fight, when it comes to shot-choice decisions, logic/strategy analysis and, witticisms[/B]...:cool:...not mentioning any names, but there's left-coasters, texans, ex-champions, and septagenarians in this group of 6..:D..:p

- Ghosty

Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghosty,

6 to 1 does sound about like a fair fight for a player/poster of your caliber though :)

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
Dennis, you dont know me from shit, so I resent all your conclusions, and all your "statement of facts." Its all condescending pontification. Plus, they are mean-spirited, insulting, and uncalled for. Who asked for a psychological evaluation from you? Mentally weak? Maybe you haven't noticed but I have made no such conclusions or statement of facts as to your proclivities, intelligence, or anything of a personal nature--- just as I don't do to anybody unless they confront me personally.

Beard

I'm going to hold my tongue and not reply with the actual vitriol that I am feeling right now. I dont care if you reply or not. I'm not getting dragged into more flame shit.
As a matter of fact this forum is no longer a pleasant experience for me and with the HOF election over, I feel no further need to participate and get more aggravated.

Freddy,

Then I guess it's safe for me to assume that the next time you make a post like the one below, you'll know what's coming. I post these layouts for the enjoyment of people on this site, including servicemen overseas, and anyone who feels a need to ridicule them and the work I put into them should go away for awhile.

Dennis

fred bentivegna said:
...What did Jeremy do from there? How did the game turn out. Did Buddy ever get completely out of the trap and turn the position around?

Beard

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost...;)
I thought it over Goast is not clueless. Just different. And I should have see that. Because thats what he brings to the site and over all he does a good job.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I have been sitting here at the computer all afternoon trying to sort out what my bookkeeper did (or didn't do -- at least I don't think there is any embezzling going on, lol) when she was here earlier today while I was out at a job site -- trying to make a living, and then I flip over to OnePocket.org and find this exchange. I could move a few of these posts over to the Duck & Beard show, maybe we'll have to rename it the Duck & Beard with Special Guests Show :D

I do know that many of our readers really, really appreciate the "what to do here?" kinds of threads -- despite some comments from some quarters making fun of them (usually the same quarters -- you know who you are ). So those of you who are creating these -- especially Dennis -- please keep them coming; it is a great service to the site.

I'm tempted to move the last page or two of posts in this thread over to "the show", just so the conversation about the actual pool match doesn't get too buried. Do any of the principles mind?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
NH Steve said:
I have been sitting here at the computer all afternoon trying to sort out what my bookkeeper did (or didn't do -- at least I don't think there is any embezzling going on, lol) when she was here earlier today while I was out at a job site -- trying to make a living, and then I flip over to OnePocket.org and find this exchange. I could move a few of these posts over to the Duck & Beard show, maybe we'll have to rename it the Duck & Beard with Special Guests Show

I do know that many of our readers really, really appreciate the "what to do here?" kinds of threads -- despite some comments from some quarters making fun of them (usually the same quarters -- you know who you are ). So those of you who are creating these -- especially Dennis -- please keep them coming; it is a great service to the site.

I'm tempted to move the last page or two of posts in this thread over to "the show", just so the conversation about the actual pool match doesn't get too buried. Do any of the principles mind?
steve i have an idea:rolleyes:
you already have different sections of the site
ie forum , members cafe classified etc.
why not start a "SNIDE REMARK" section
or you could have a poll on a name after asking the members what do you want to call this section.
then the posters who want to snipe can reference a thread and or post quote it and bicker to their hearts content and us sweaters can enjoy the discourse:eek: and add fuel to the fire at our hearts content
that would leave the forum for intelligent discussions and con srtuctive criticisms of shots
not personal attacks.

while im on a roll and i will put this in other threads
if i post a shot selection that you all think is
A) stupid
B) not executable even by god
C)or any other reason it is weak

instead of ignoring it:( tell me whats wrong with it:)
thats how i learn:)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I thought it over Goast is not clueless. Just different. And I should have see that. Because thats what he brings to the site and over all he does a good job.

I hope it didn't take too long for you to think it over and decide that I wasn't clueless..:D...and I'm sure you mean "different" in a good way..:D...and so now, I will buy you a beer, or a schnappes, or a shot of Yukon Jack :) at the DCC.

- Goast

Last edited:

oldroller

Verified Member
Keep it Up

Keep it Up

and I am afraid some of the newcomers will exit way too soon.I sure hope not as I have lot's to learn

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
NH Steve said:
Do any of the principles mind?

Steve, This has become fairly mild, no need yet.
Rod.

Cowboy Dennis said:
Freddy,
Then I guess it's safe for me to assume that the next time you make a post like the one below, you'll know what's coming. I post these layouts for the enjoyment of people on this site, including servicemen overseas, and anyone who feels a need to ridicule them and the work I put into them should go away for awhile.
Dennis

Dennis, Please keep up the good work, it's vastly more interesting than the Ad Nauseam bickering. ;)
Rod. < learned a new word.:)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
I hope it didn't take too long for you to think it over and decide that I wasn't clueless..:D...and I'm sure you mean "different" in a good way..:D...and so now, I will buy you a beer, or a schnappes, or a shot of Yukon Jack :) at the DCC.

- Goast
You dont owe me anything you have put in your yime and opinion and you desirve credit for what you did. And if you would have been a champion you would have also got more respect..

I see no falt in your game and you have been good to pool and all the peole who wanted too learh. You weathered the storm and they could not take your roots. Everything you have done showes the love for the game and thats what counts.

You will play pool forever because thats you. And its very perfesionsle for you too share your opinion. And your a good persont. Thats what I see and read.

Keep playing tell the lights dont shine no more on the pool table. Its whats in your heart that counts.

And different is in a god way. Not a sarcastick way. Continuei doing what you like. Thats why we are all her. To enjoy our journey and live our life. And Goasts have feelings too.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
NH Steve said:
Steve,

I wouldn't expect anymore in this thread, it has apparently run it's course.

P.S. If you ever do feel a need to move any of my posts to the members forum (again) I would appreciate TOP billing:), as in Dennis/Beard, Dennis/Duck, Dennis/Ghost or the like:D .

Dennis

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
Don't quit Fred

Don't quit Fred

wincardona said:
..... but I can be entertained by you through our site. Now you want to leave and take that away from me and others, it's not fair, you need to toughen up your game and shoot for your hole. And you can always put people on ignore if you feel that they play unfairly but I guess that's the way the game is played sometimes so toughen up and keep going. Fred, if I played as good as you quitting wouldn't be an option.

Trust me, i'm a doctor.

Billy I.

Well said Bill.

Fred, you really should adhere to the advice of Dr. Incardona.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
It is obvious that no one is really interested in the inner game of pool so I will easily withdraw. What do I know anyway? No skin off my nose.

I will also withdraw from any more,"Whatta-ya-do-here's." They give me brain farts anyway. There is as much Flaming here as there is between me and the Duck. Me no need it.
Now I got Artie looking to make a flame case. He knocked my choice and ridiculed my logic, and then gets an attitude when I give him some feedback on his choice of placing the cue ball in front of the 2 balls along Buddys rail. After 50 yrs of playing all morons, I am set in my ways and I aint looking to debate my shot choices, so I will no longer offer any.

If there is still anybody that has a concern of what I think about certain things they can access me privately.

Beard

Freddy,

You complain that nobody comments on your posts(not the first time) and then you piss & moan when I do. I didn't do anything but state facts, I didn't even tease you. I never played people stupid enough to fall for the ideas you suggested and I said so. Do you ever see anybody else complain that nobody commented on their ideas? We toss ideas out there and sometimes they are picked up and sometimes not.

As for you withdrawing from the "what would you do heres", as Yogi Berra would have said: "If you don't wanna participate in the 'what would you dos', nobody's gonna stop you". You've rarely ever commented on them anyway, much like your AccuStats commentary where you usually don't blabber all over the shot(beforehand) like the other annoying commentators do. You also don't usually lock yourself in to a particular shot there either.

Addressing your comment about the inner-game of pool: I can give you and anybody I ever met in a poolroom the 7,8 & the break when it comes to the mental aspect of playing ANY game so don't go thinking you've got the market cornered there either. The majority of the posters here are fun/cheap players, the mental aspect of the game doesn't mean much until the fire is on high, that's when things start to meltdown.

AB said he only looked at the balls when he came to the table, it didn't matter who he was playing. That's probably not completely accurate but it's a good start for someone working on their mental game. We, of course, must consider who we are playing to decide what to leave but the general idea of "playing the balls" not the opponent is a good place to start.

To your comment that AB knocked your choice & ridiculed your logic:That's what AB do. It's not our concern, it's between him and you, why involve us? You made comments about nobody challenging AB on this forum except the Ghost, I think you have a very selective memory. I was the first person ever on this forum that AB admitted to, that my shot was correct and his was wrong. That took some doing but when he finally saw the light(not often) he admitted he was wrong.

Freddy, if you do respond to this post, please be nice. If you can only respond with vitriol and scorn for anything I've written I'd rather not read it at all.

Dennis

Here's a little back & forth between Freddy and I. It was about 5 1/2 years ago. Thankfully we became enamored of each other after a while (after he took me off "ignore":D.

I miss Freddy.

Dennis