Turnout for US Open 1 Pocket

markgriffin

Verified Member
US open one pocket

US open one pocket

We emailed and FB'd all the invited players. That list came from previous finishers etc.

Chip Compton wasn't contacted, but in hindsight perhaps we should have included him.

So-Joey was emailed. John Morris statement is in error. I'll add more but am boarding airplane (now on the plane-lol). Most of the rest of the Facebook post pointed out the added money etc. All info has been on our website for several months. All the pertinent info won't fit on a flyer-but the link to our website was.

The quandary is how to connect with the players, or maybe we should treat them as responsible for their own destiny. We try to include as much pertinent info as possible. Everything has been on the entry form.

Complaints about poster didn't say the added money. But the entry form did. And BTW- our poster supplied more info than many tournaments (including SBE)---so I'm probably just not buying mist if the excuses.

We were a little late getting the info out to the public- but we were doing planning on 4 of 5 other events. One which took a crazy amount of time. We know it's not necessary to explain but now maybe people might criticize a little less. Constructive comments are always appreciated.

BTW- we thought being 100 miles from NYC, and immediately after Super Billiards events (240 miles away) - that the players would support the 2 events. We'll see, but this has been one of my bigger disappointments in doing events. Hopefully, My efforts will be appreciated in other arenas. Right now the jury is out. After licking our financial wounds, decisions will be made.

Mark Griffin

Interesting Facebook post. Chip and Joey said they didn't know about it or would have went. Morra says no added money and too much expenses. Check it out. https://www.facebook.com/darren.app...=feed_comment_reply&notif_id=1460562425740417[/ÿ

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
We emailed and FB'd all the invited players. That list came from previous finishers etc.

Chip Compton wasn't contacted, but in hindsight perhaps we should have included him.

So-Joey was emailed. John Morris statement is in error. I'll add more but am boarding airplane (now on the plane-lol). Most of the rest of the Facebook post pointed out the added money etc. All info has been on our website for several months. All the pertinent info won't fit on a flyer-but the link to our website was.

The quandary is how to connect with the players, or maybe we should treat them as responsible for their own destiny. We try to include as much pertinent info as possible. Everything has been on the entry form.

Complaints about poster didn't say the added money. But the entry form did. And BTW- our poster supplied more info than many tournaments (including SBE)---so I'm probably just not buying mist if the excuses.

We were a little late getting the info out to the public- but we were doing planning on 4 of 5 other events. One which took a crazy amount of time. We know it's not necessary to explain but now maybe people might criticize a little less. Constructive comments are always appreciated.

BTW- we thought being 100 miles from NYC, and immediately after Super Billiards events (240 miles away) - that the players would support the 2 events. We'll see, but this has been one of my bigger disappointments in doing events. Hopefully, My efforts will be appreciated in other arenas. Right now the jury is out. After licking our financial wounds, decisions will be made.

Mark Griffin

Interesting Facebook post. Chip and Joey said they didn't know about it or would have went. Morra says no added money and too much expenses. Check it out. https://www.facebook.com/darren.app...=feed_comment_reply&notif_id=1460562425740417[/ÿ

I appreciate your effort even in this arena, thanks!

FYI, NYC seems to be much more of a 9-ball town than a 1 pocket town.

markgriffin

Verified Member
Turnout for us open

Turnout for us open

I agree on the number of one pocket players. But we're having the same basic response for straight pool.

New York/east coast is straight pool friendly. And the hotels are across the street for $90 - way better than NYC.

It's no big deal - but it dampens the enthusiasm for future events.......

Last edited:

markgriffin

Verified Member
Go to the PPV page
Click on customer service-send comment via email.
No one is monitoring the forums or Facebook

Btw-we had no other complaints concerning freezing- might be at your end
Hope you get it resolved.

Mark Griffin

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Go to the PPV page
Click on customer service-send comment via email.
No one is monitoring the forums or Facebook

Btw-we had no other complaints concerning freezing- might be at your end
Hope you get it resolved.

Mark Griffin

it got resolved
thanks